Hitman Alpha Cant run 60fps 1080p on Titan X

ClownFace1511

i thought the alpha in the title meant something like absolutíon, not alpha->beta etc

thank you comments

nah I played it its very much in a "real" alpha state/

debug info is all over the screen, and its throwing up alot of errors of some lighting effect not loading properly.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I think the biggest problem for gaming hardware now is not the GPU, but actually its the CPU. Hopefully Vulcan and Direct X 12 lesson the CPU bottlenecks. Personally I think next gen gaming is not just graphical capabilities, but simulation capabilities, and that needs the CPU a lot more than the GPU. Stuff like intelligent AI should also be a factor in next gen gaming and it is likely the Virtual Reality market will bring it to us if it is successful.

DX12 and Vulkan will go a long way towards alleviating momentary CPU bottlenecks which cause stuttering in some of today's games. That should provide a more fluid experience even though the average framerate is only 10% higher. I have no doubt that engines like unity, source2, UE4, Frostbite etc will make good use of it.

But for the devs who create their own in-house engines like Ubisoft they will now have to accept the added responsibility of doing more technical work to manage their hardware resources with less abstraction via the API. If done right the rewards are there but time will tell if they are up to the task..

You are supposed to say something along the lines of. "meh it isnt done"

You are supposed to brush it off and reserve judgement it isnt done

You shouldnt be preordering anything.

Ya heres a fact for you

IT ISNT DONE

Lol at bad at a marketing perspective ya cause im sure if it comes out and its running perfectly fine people are going to sit there with the item in their steam cart going "Hmm..ya know what, I was going to buy this, but because of how its performance was... 5 months before it was even meant to be come out was, the hell with that.

I am amazed you had the guts to reply to that.

Anyways, No thank you, I don't care whether it's completed or not. That's none of my concern. I am not here to brush everything off and close my eyes just like you. And this thread is also not about ignoring the facts that are in your face. Less than 60fps on titan x.

We can discuss about the astronomical improvements that you expect the developers to come out with in a different thread once they are done. Here you have to face the presented facts.

Also, please don't comment on something you have no idea about. Marketing is about creating positive reviews and experiences to increase public interest. It's all about psychology. It's about showing the positive aspects while hiding the negatives.

And clearly, there is nothing positive to take from its performace right now. People perception takes time to develop. Which actually convert into pre orders and later purchases.

And these kind of things take a lot of time to get off there minds even if the developers would somehow succeed to get it all right as you are assuming.

The hype just doesn't develop and people stop expecting or reading about the game itself. Which is a complete PR disaster.

Its nothing but a stupid move. Get over your fanism.

I am amazed you had the guts to reply to that.

Anyways, No thank you, I don't care whether it's completed or not. That's none of my concern. I am not here to brush everything off and close my eyes just like you. And this thread is also not about ignoring the facts that are in your face. Less than 60fps on titan x.

We can discuss about the astronomical improvements that you expect the developers to come out with in a different thread once they are done. Here you have to face the presented facts.

Also, please don't comment on something you have no idea about. Marketing is about creating positive reviews and experiences to increase public interest. It's all about psychology. It's about showing the positive aspects while hiding the negatives.

And clearly, there is nothing positive to take from its performace right now. People perception takes time to develop. Which actually convert into pre orders and later purchases.

And these kind of things take a lot of time to get off there minds even if the developers would somehow succeed to get it all right as you are assuming.

The hype just doesn't develop and people stop expecting or reading about the game itself. Which is a complete PR disaster.

Its nothing but a stupid move. Get over your fanism.

You Find me a build that's from mid Nov and there is reason to panic.

As I mentioned you have 0 idea how old this build is and even if its the latest build the game is still about half a year out. it doesnt matter if its running at 2 fps on a Titan X unfinished code is unfinished.  Its like going to Restaurant demanding your food 10 minutes before its done and bitching its not how it should be..why the hell would it be, it isnt finished.

You are talking about ignoring facts and talking about presented facts as I have said more times then I can count.

It isnt finished.

You dont know how old the build is

These are 2 facts you are repeatedly ignoring you cannot judge a product that's intended for consumers when the thing isnt done. I dont know why this is so hard to understand.

UI elements are placeholders.

Chars load in in a T pose

constraint shadow map errors

forced debug info plastering the screen

visual options not even implemented yet and needing to be forced on via debug commands

from what I can tell there is 0 indication of your assassination target even present in the game yet

KB and mouse support is near non existent

Menus are janky

sfx missing

Shall I go on? 

I have played release games that look worse then this that perform worse by the way.

Gamers are the worst people in the known universe to keep their word, if issues are sorted properly no one will remember a damn thing about this. (Why would they...it wasn't done) They would be moronic for doing so, we are not even talking a beta build of the game, the one thats out isn't even VAGUELY close to being ready to be put out.

Not that it matters because the only people who are taking anything from this are people that bitch that early access games are lacking content or buggy.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Given the development time they have left (digital release December 2015), they probably have 3 options to optimize game performance in the remaining time:

1- oldschool optimization work that involves manually adjusting what gets rendered when/where

2- good old "watch_dogs style" downgrade

3- releasing dx12 version

The first option is incredibly expensive and labor intensive. most modern game engines take advantage of worldspaces (as Bethesda calls them) and limit what kind of optimizations can be done. The second option is the cheapest and most likely, we see it happening a lot these days. the third option would take at least a couple of months to make a dx12 version (if dx12 porting is the same as Mantle porting), which may or may not be in the works. Game devs have said "no comment" in the Hitman forums.

There's also a 4th option, which is that no major performance optimization work will be done, simply because they may not have any time given their release schedule. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

As I mentioned you have 0 idea how old this build is and even if its the latest build the game is still about half a year out. it doesnt matter if its running at 2 fps on a Titan X unfinished code is unfinished.  Its like going to Restaurant demanding your food 10 minutes before its done and bitching its not how it should be..why the hell would it be, it isnt finished.

I have played release games that look worse then this that perform worse by the way.

Gamers are the worst people in the known universe to keep their word, if issues are sorted properly no one will remember a damn thing about this. (Why would they...it wasn't done) They would be moronic for doing so, we are not even talking a beta build of the game, the one thats out isn't even VAGUELY close to being ready to be put out.

Not that it matters because the only people who are taking anything from this are people that bitch that early access games are lacking content or buggy.

I would also like to note that the same games that had problems on release, also had problems during development. I agree that people are a little paranoid about this, but we can only wait and see the result when it releases, so there should be nothing to complain about now.

I don't understand the specific thought that "Gamers are not the worst people in the known universe". The more generalized thought is "Consumers are the worst people in the universe". As a consumer, you always complain about the things that don't work (Ex: complaining about how a pencil sharpener doesn't sharpen your pencil well). When things do work, they work and you really don't feel like giving compliment to it (except for scenarios where your bragging about it to others).

Early access games are games that the general public pays for when the game is still in development. They are also able to play it while it is in development. If they are complaining, then they were just stupid with their money to begin with to participate in the early phase of the game.

I would also like to note that the same games that had problems on release, also had problems during development. I agree that people are a little paranoid about this, but we can only wait and see the result when it releases, so there should be nothing to complain about now.

I don't understand the specific thought that "Gamers are not the worst people in the known universe". The more generalized thought is "Consumers are the worst people in the universe". As a consumer, you always complain about the things that don't work (Ex: complaining about how a pencil sharpener doesn't sharpen your pencil well). When things do work, they work and you really don't feel like giving compliment to it (except for scenarios where your bragging about it to others).

Early access games are games that the general public pays for when the game is still in development. They are also able to play it while it is in development. If they are complaining, then they were just stupid with their money to begin with to participate in the early phase of the game.

im talking specificly about things when gamers were boycotting things like MW2, l4d2 portal 2 and then you look at the steam groups and like 70+% of the members in the boycott group were playing what they boycotted (and thats when the issues they were complaining against were not addressed) 

So the fact the game runs like shit now will be 100% meaningless when it comes to release presuming the issues are addressed no one is going to look back and say well it ran bad then and not buy it cause of that. 

System Specs