moto g (2013) 5GHz Wifi?

NJHourigan

I thought I would make the change to the 5GHz wifi band however my moto g doesn't seem to pick it up at all. After looking on the motorola website the phone should support 802.11n which incorporates the 5GHz band so I'm a nit confused. 

Check whether or not you have set up the 5 GHz properly. Do you get it on any other devices ?

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

It doesn't have 5ghz wi-fi and it's limited to 72 mbps 2.4ghz. Cost savings probably.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I thought I would make the change to the 5GHz wifi band however my moto g doesn't seem to pick it up at all. After looking on the motorola website the phone should support 802.11n which incorporates the 5GHz band so I'm a nit confused. 

Sadly it only supports single band WiFi, which is limited to 2.4Ghz. You should be able to get connection speeds up to 150mbps, however actual speeds will be much lower(this is typical for all types of WiFi).