Anyone Else hoping for Fallout 4 announcement?

Skcorpion86

Just like the title says.... is Anyone else hoping for a Fallout 4 announcement?

I absolutely love the fallout series. And I thought for sure Fallout 4 was going to be announced at E3 this year. To my disappointment it was not even mentioned. Now Almost 2 months later, Still nothing about it.

I don't care if the game comes out in 2014, 2015, or even 2016. I just want them to announce SOMETHING about Fallout 4 coming out. It kinda worries me that they haven't done so yet, and I'm a little worried that Bethesda will abandoned the fallout series altogether.

Does anyone else have these same worries? Has anyone heard any CONFIRMED news (no rumors) about fallout 4?  

I love the lore...

Hopefully this one will be even more mod friendly! Or even being Steamworks and we get the editing tool from Steam as well! Workshop support!

If they drop fallout i will be really surprised. It's one of there best selling series and i dont think they would abandon all that money.

"The internet is a series of tubes"

I doubt they'll drop it. It's a fantastic franchise with a lot of opportunities to provide fresh experiences.

I just can't wait to see a next-gen version of Fallout. With a decent graphics engine coupled with the fantastic art direction I've come to expect from the franchise it would be brilliant.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Haven't had the opportunity to play Fallout 3 or New Vegas, so I'm in no rush for a new sequel. That combined with more games on my list ...

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They won't drop Fallout. It's a huge money machine and Fallout 4 would surely be a success. Also, Bethesda has told that they plan to make more than just one or two Fallout titles, that's why they bought the rights for the game. There is no 100% certain information, but I personally am 99% sure that a new Fallout game will release before 2016. I think we'll see some teasers towards the end of this year.

Hoping? Not really. Post apocalypse settings never really did it for me. Plus the retro-future look is ugly as fuck.

I dont care for an anouncment. I know its coming, only a fool would think Bethesda wouldnt make Fallout 4.

I really want fallout 4 but i dont want them to rush it, if they need another year i want them to take another year.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Hoping? Not really. Post apocalypse settings never really did it for me. Plus the retro-future look is ugly as fuck.

I think it's brilliant. Fallout 3 was held back by rubbish models and textures but I always felt the artistic direction was great.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

A new fallout would be great, hopefully it will be more stable than 3 and NV. Also modding who can forget modding! Modding is great.

Won't mind a new engine too, because lets be honest the combat and movement in fallout games are less than great, even if you mod it they're still not that good.

As long as the base game is solid, and they allow modding they can do pretty much whatever they want, and I would be okay with it. With the exception of maybe changing the theme and setting of the game.

I really hope they let Obsidian take over it again. New Vegas was so staggeringly better than 3 it's a joke. Obsidian was able to capture the original feel and charm of the Fallout series a lot more than 3 did. The rumors are hinting at Boston being the possible location of Fallout 4. 

I really hope they let Obsidian take over it again. New Vegas was so staggeringly better than 3 it's a joke. Obsidian was able to capture the original feel and charm of the Fallout series a lot more than 3 did. The rumors are hinting at Boston being the possible location of Fallout 4. 

I actually preferred 3. I found New Vegas more enjoyable... but there was just something missing. I think I just preferred the setting in Fallout 3.

I actually preferred 3. I found New Vegas more enjoyable... but there was just something missing. I think I just preferred the setting in Fallout 3.

That's fair. I'm a huge Fallout fan and prefer New Vegas because its more like Fallout , fallout 2 and tactics. And it just felt like Obsidian really wanted to be true to the originals. Fallout 3 is good but its my least favorite in the series (And I'm completely ignoring the console only fallout game.