Baseball bat to monitor - Linus Style!

Matsy

This is just awesome.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The fuck? I would've flipped the fuck out lmao 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

What if that monitor was sentimental?

What if that monitor was given to him by his girlfriend's uncle's wife's brother's daughter's math tutor's gardener?

You don't think these things through!

I CRI EVRI TYM!

Lol that was good, I'd be shaking though if my monitor got smashed out of nowhere. :P

So many things I could write here... things like this.

What if that monitor was sentimental?

What if that monitor was given to him by his girlfriend's uncle's wife's brother's daughter's math tutor's gardener?

You don't think these things through!

I CRI EVRI TYM!

He asked him about it. It didn't have any sentimental value, you could tell.

He asked him about it. It didn't have any sentimental value, you could tell.

My broadband is capped so I can't watch the video + I thought the description was legit.

I have dial-up speeds right now!  :angry:

Then they should see my monitor.....

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

My broadband is capped so I can't watch the video + I thought the description was legit.

I have dial-up speeds right now!  :angry:

You think you have it bad? Talk to @Bentheren.

Nope! Just saying!

Why, What's up with @Bentheren?

It's faster for him to print out the packets at his nearest exchange and ride on a cat to his house, and enter them manually in binary than for him to download a game.

Lol, that was AWESOME!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It's faster for him to print out the packets at his nearest exchange and ride on a cat to his house, and enter them manually in binary than for him to download a game.

o.o

I don't even........

Funniest vid i have seen in a while

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Great a new monitor!...Now what about some new underwear?

I was nervous that something would go terribly wrong.  Of course it didn't, otherwise there wouldn't be a video about it.  But man, that guy could have stood up at the same time that Linus swung the bat.  Or a piece of monitor plastic could have flown into someone's eye.  Or the monitor "guts" could have flown into the dude's laptop and breaking it.  I know that NCIX.com would replace the laptop if that occurred.  But still, as funny as I thought this video was, it still was uncomfortable to some degree.

Looked like some collateral damage occurred.

The way the monitor hit the two towers on the table behind it. The laptop also got torqued and went black for the rest of the video.

I wouldn't doubt the stunt damaged the VGA port on the laptop it was plugged into possibly doing breaking it off the motherboard. Good thing there's insurance when it comes to these kinds of stunts ;) I don't think we will be seeing this happen next year.

Perhaps a cordless drill would have been just as effective yet much less collateral.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Looked like some collateral damage occurred.

The way the monitor hit the two towers on the table behind it. The laptop also got torqued and went black for the rest of the video.

I wouldn't doubt the stunt damaged the VGA port on the laptop it was plugged into possibly doing breaking it off the motherboard. Good thing there's insurance when it comes to these kinds of stunts ;) I don't think we will be seeing this happen next year.

Perhaps a cordless drill would have been just as effective yet much less collateral.

Most laptop VGA ports don't have screws, so tearing it off the motherboard by doing that would be unlikely.

That monitor still could have been used by somebody but I can't say I don't like watching videos of things being destroyed ....

Will It Blend ? 

The thing is I wish people would destroy stuff that has no chance of being repaired.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Most laptop VGA ports don't have screws, so tearing it off the motherboard by doing that would be unlikely.

Really?.... grabs laptop... well I'll be dammed never realized that. I'm not an advocate of laptops even even though I own one, I never use it and even less would I have the need to plug a monitor into it.

Either way the laptop did unexpectedly go black, usually when a display is removed windows defaults and switches back to primary laptop display. 

Who cares if the monitor could have been re-purposed. The point and likely rules of the giveaway included a subsection which entailed mandatory destruction of users original monitor. Not a free straight up giveaway.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.