Baseball bat to monitor - Linus Style!

Matsy

I laughed at around 5:50 "Bashing sentimental items with a baseball bat? Nope." 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

first thing i though of when he did that is in the video was "does that monitor have vga" i don't think his laptop would have vga and hdmi out

I think that a simple punch would of been much safer and effective

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Most laptop VGA ports don't have screws, so tearing it off the motherboard by doing that would be unlikely.

true, but they don't just pull off with zero friction either. There was definitely some torque there and the way the screen on the laptop freaked out scared me a little too. I'm sure this dude appreciated his new monitor, but if they broke his laptop in the process?Not so much

Holy Fak

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

o.o

I don't even........

It is, BT class it as "broadband" and it still goes down when the phone rings so it's basically dial up!

Cpu: I5 3570k @ 4.3ghz Gpu: EVGA GTX 780 FTW edition Case: Corsair 300R​ Ram: 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77 V-LX Keyboard: Corsair k50 raptor  Mouse: Razer naga 2012 edition OS: Windows 8.1

I would have been so shocked if i were in his place.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Looked like some collateral damage occurred.

The way the monitor hit the two towers on the table behind it. The laptop also got torqued and went black for the rest of the video.

I wouldn't doubt the stunt damaged the VGA port on the laptop it was plugged into possibly doing breaking it off the motherboard. Good thing there's insurance when it comes to these kinds of stunts ;) I don't think we will be seeing this happen next year.

Perhaps a cordless drill would have been just as effective yet much less collateral.

Indeed it did. Not to mention the shrapnel from the smashed monitor collided with the case directly opposite of the monitor. That looked like a very, very high end rig, too.

I hope LMG purchased the winner a new laptop, too, and the collateral damaged tower owner a new case.

Most laptop VGA ports don't have screws, so tearing it off the motherboard by doing that would be unlikely.

Older laptops do. My old Toshiba does. That said, my newer Sony VAIO has a VGA port and it is recessed so it is not protruding from the laptop. If the VGA cable were ripped from the laptop with sufficient force it would have moved the internals of the laptop causing significant damage. 

The laptop the winner owns looked to be an Alienware. It too has a recessed VGA port:

Dell-Alienware-M14x-Core-i7-14-inch-Lapt

Really?.... grabs laptop... well I'll be dammed never realized that. I'm not an advocate of laptops even even though I own one, I never use it and even less would I have the need to plug a monitor into it.

Either way the laptop did unexpectedly go black, usually when a display is removed windows defaults and switches back to primary laptop display. 

Exactly. The primary display immediately returns and adjusts its resolution accordingly. In the video the monitor flashes and attempts to do this, but then turns black. That is not normal.

true, but they don't just pull off with zero friction either. There was definitely some torque there and the way the screen on the laptop freaked out scared me a little too. I'm sure this dude appreciated his new monitor, but if they broke his laptop in the process?Not so much

Indeed. I'm going to assume it's broken until we hear otherwise from Linus or see proof it was not damaged. Simple physics will tell you a recessed VGA port being ripped on will cause damage.

Not very well thought out imho.  :unsure:

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

Also, I like to use my old monitors as a second screen.......

Not really going to happen now.....

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

the amount of things that could have gone wrong... That was one awkward video

Did anyone else see his laptop flash several times? 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I think that broke his laptop...

CPU: 4770k @ stock                  RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB                    Cooling: Corsair H80i
       MOBO: Sabertooth Z87            SSD: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro                Case: NZXT Phantom 820

GPU: EVGA GTX 670                 HDD: 1TB WD Black                                 PSU: Corsair TX750M

dem vga

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

i saw this video a few days ago, the first thing i thought was: "What if the laptop went down with the monitor?"

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Older laptops do. My old Toshiba does. That said, my newer Sony VAIO has a VGA port and it is recessed so it is not protruding from the laptop. If the VGA cable were ripped from the laptop with sufficient force it would have moved the internals of the laptop causing significant damage. 

Yeah, my ThinkPad also has a VGA port that screws in. Though it's seems that most laptops don't have locking VGA ports eg. my dad's dell latitude.

"No signature"

The monitor hit someone's rig. I'd be kinda mad if that was my tower..

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"