GTX 970 SLI or GTX 980 Ti

TruisticHurdle1

I am torn between the two. Here are my specs. I am either going to SLI the 970s or grab one 980ti. Please keep in mind I will be doing 4k gaming at 60hz and don't mind having to turn down a few settings like shadows or grass textures. One game that I play all the time that is most intensive is Grand Theft Auto 5. All the others aren't as intensive. 

i5 4690k

Asus Z97-Pro

8Gb DDR3 RAM

Corsair CX600M

120 Gb SSD for Windows

1Tb WD Blue for games

I don't care about cost atm. Just want to get an idea which is my better choice. Which one is going to give me the best bang for the buck and the best experience. 

And both the GTX 970s and 980ti will be reference coolers. I love the Geforce logo!!!

All help is much appreciated! Thanks!

***DISCLAIMER*** ---> I will have AA set to 0X while at 4k.

A single card is always better than an SLI setup if the performance is the same.

So get 980Ti

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

980ti

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

970 sli i better performance, but 980 ti is a bit more future proof with 2GB more ram

I am torn between the two. Here are my specs. I am either going to SLI the 970s or grab one 980ti. Please keep in mind I will be doing 4k gaming at 60hz and don't mind having to turn down a few settings like shadows or grass textures. One game that I play all the time that is most intensive is Grand Theft Auto 5. All the others aren't as intensive. 

i5 4690k

Asus Z97-Pro

8Gb DDR3 RAM

Corsair CX600M

120 Gb SSD for Windows

1Tb WD Blue for games

I don't care about cost atm. Just want to get an idea which is my better choice. Which one is going to give me the best bang for the buck and the best experience. 

And both the GTX 970s and 980ti will be reference coolers. I love the Geforce logo!!!

All help is much appreciated! Thanks!

***DISCLAIMER*** ---> I will have AA set to 0X while at 4k.

980ti, the performance is almost identical, but the 970 may be capped out of vram at 4k and there are always driver issues running an SLI config so if you can avoid them, get a 980ti

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10