A short rant.

Go_On_Shadow

Note: My router allows you to control devices prioritization. my PC is near the the middle with a ethernet cable and the tablet is at the bottom using wifi. ANYWAYS,

So im playing CSGO (for the first time in awhile. since i just got my new keyboard after mine broke) and im not doing to great, but im not too good anyways.My sister decides to use her the tablet, and i dont pay mind. As soon as she goes into the game, or sometimes just turns on the tablet, my speeds go to hell. My speeds are usually 75 up 35 down and 10 ping. When she uses the game, it goes to about 4 up 10 down and around 60 ping. I cannot even move in cs go at this point, so i wish my team good luck and leave. The game in question is Kim K's. The worst part about it is that She plays the game on a daily basis. We had always had this issue with this game, but she will literally scream and yell at me and my brother (also note, she is younger than my brother, and older than me, and the kicker: she's in her 20's.) Me and my brother have our stuff higher priority, but she still manages to slow everything down. but hey, atleast I didnt have to finish a game where we were getting destroyed 13-6.

TL;DR
Kim K steals all the internet speed.

EDIT: Current Router:
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4971017876659462379?q=dgl-5500&oq=dgl&ie=UTF-8&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.2088j1j4&sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.98197061,d.cWw&biw=1920&bih=955&dpr=1&tch=1&ech=1ψ=oX2pVeHhAYP8-AGl0ZWQBQ.1437181861406.3&sa=X&ved=0CH0QuSRqFQoTCJvQt8qX48YCFQh7PgodPLEGAg

I just felt like I needed somthing here

Wait, how can one game use so much bandwidth?

TL;DR

TL;DR

Don't use shit consumer networking gear. :D  Get a R7000 and you likely wont have anymore problems.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

what are you whinig about. my ping every day is 100+ on csgo.

fucking 6mb up and down dsl.

Romania $18/month for gigabit.

Troll-face.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

what are you whinig about. my ping every day is 100+ on csgo.

fucking 6mb up and down dsl.

The fact that the ping fluctuates, and sometimes even to the point where she used to be able to take down the internet.

The fact that the ping fluctuates, and sometimes even to the point where she used to be able to take down the internet.

the fact that i get disconnect atleaste 30 times in games and i play with 100-900 ping.

TL;DR

Don't use shit consumer networking gear. :D  Get a R7000 and you likely wont have anymore problems.

im not in control of our networking, my brother has control of it. he wont be down to get a new router, the current is pretty new (a few months)

the fact that i get disconnect atleaste 30 times in games and i play with 100-900 ping.

that sounds terrible

Get a new router, there is no reason a game should wolf down 60mbps of internet bandwidth, constantly.

America:

Down: 800Kbps

Up: 32Kbps

Ping: 800

#'Murica

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Netherlands

Down and up: 95

Ping 5 to 8

im not in control of our networking, my brother has control of it. he wont be down to get a new router, the current is pretty new (a few months)

Is it a Linksys EA series? Because those have a firmware issue where it limits the network to around 5 Mbps when you utilize the wireless.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

can your router check how much bandwidth a certain device is using?

it seems odd a wifi device can bounce a cable device that hard.

can your router check how much bandwidth a certain device is using?

it seems odd a wifi device can bounce a cable device that hard.

yes, she ends up somehow with my speeds.

UAE

Down: 1 MB

UP: 0.125 MB

Ping: 1-10ms ( keep in mind 3 routers, one switch, and somewhat decent ethernet cable.).

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Something is definitely fishy here 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

That router is very sketchy dude, get a proper one. 

UAE

Down: 1 MB

UP: 0.125 MB

Ping: 1-10ms ( keep in mind 3 routers, one switch, and somewhat decent ethernet cable.).

ME (Middle east) 

Down : 5 MB

UP : 1.25 MB

Ping : 9-20

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

ME (Middle east) 

Down : 5 MB

UP : 1.25 MB

Ping : 9-20

Just say KSA please as you know Middle East is huge.

And you sure it's MB not mb ? ( it's probably STC isn't it ? )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Just say KSA please as you know Middle East is huge.

And you sure it's MB not mb ? ( it's probably STC isn't it ? )

Yup 40/8,10/8

Goody fibre 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Note: My router allows you to control devices prioritization. my PC is near the the middle with a ethernet cable and the tablet is at the bottom using wifi. ANYWAYS,

So im playing CSGO (for the first time in awhile. since i just got my new keyboard after mine broke) and im not doing to great, but im not too good anyways.My sister decides to use her the tablet, and i dont pay mind. As soon as she goes into the game, or sometimes just turns on the tablet, my speeds go to hell. My speeds are usually 75 up 35 down and 10 ping. When she uses the game, it goes to about 4 up 10 down and around 60 ping. I cannot even move in cs go at this point, so i wish my team good luck and leave. The game in question is Kim K's. The worst part about it is that She plays the game on a daily basis. We had always had this issue with this game, but she will literally scream and yell at me and my brother (also note, she is younger than my brother, and older than me, and the kicker: she's in her 20's.) Me and my brother have our stuff higher priority, but she still manages to slow everything down. but hey, atleast I didnt have to finish a game where we were getting destroyed 13-6.

TL;DR

EDIT: Current Router:

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4971017876659462379?q=dgl-5500&oq=dgl&ie=UTF-8&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.2088j1j4&sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.98197061,d.cWw&biw=1920&bih=955&dpr=1&tch=1&ech=1ψ=oX2pVeHhAYP8-AGl0ZWQBQ.1437181861406.3&sa=X&ved=0CH0QuSRqFQoTCJvQt8qX48YCFQh7PgodPLEGAg

To be fair, it sounds like QoS isn't properly configured.

You might be able to put an actual hard limit on her bandwidth (eg: Her device cannot exceed 20 Mbps) as well.

You could also post a screen shot of the QoS/Device Priority settings (make sure to blank anything important out, like your WAN IP Address, and MAC Addresses, any personal names in case you or your sister use your real name for device names, etc).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)