AMD almost worth a quarter of what it paid for ATI

asim1999

Well, if AMD gets bought out--atleast we can buy shares cheaply before then, and hopefully make a good profit off of anyone who may take interest.  Microsoft, IBM, Samsung, etc.  Someone better get them soon.. otherwise we may see some interesting things if it falls under.  nVidia with a possible x86 license, and Intel with actual dedicated GPU's.  

And Then Nvidia Will Get Fucked Since Intel Could Put So Much Into GPUs

I think it's funny that Intel could straight up just buy Nvidia and AMD and make a GPU that's like $2000 that performs like a Titan x and no one could do anything about it... Intel is smarter then that though. Hopefully a bigger company like Samsung could potentially buy AMD. Any company honestly... MSI, ASUS, Sony, Microsoft, anyone.. As long as it isn't like google or Microsoft...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Intel were guilty of some unethical practices* back then But it was not with retail shops and had nothing to do with motherboards, I dare say they just wanted to clear out some old or demo stock and didn't have a retail box for it.

*compiler gimping for AMD and anti trust practices with the PC makers.

I still contend the compiler gimping ruling was utter BS from an incompetent/ignorant judge. Intel didn't own or manage the Cinebench benchmark. At the time no one published official cycle count latencies for architectures (the basis of ICC's optimization rules). And thus not only could Intel have not had motive in this case, they wouldn't have had the means to actually deceive the market. AMd should have manned up and helped Intel build a unified compiler for both their chip lines.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I still contend the compiler gimping ruling was utter BS from an incompetent/ignorant judge. Intel didn't own or manage the Cinebench benchmark. At the time no one published official cycle count latencies for architectures (the basis of ICC's optimization rules). And thus not only could Intel have not had motive in this case, they wouldn't have had the means to actually deceive the market. AMd should have manned up and helped Intel build a unified compiler for both their chip lines.

We've had this argument before and I don't intend going there again, however I do think it would be good if AMD and Intel worked together on the compiler.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@Fayu it is scary but I just thought it was funny.,

The mist we can hope for is some big company to burnout AMD, whether it's Samsung, ASUS, or anyone just not someone like apple or Microsoft or.... The worst that could happen is. GOOGLE

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

nVidia may not need to acquire AMD to become a player in CPU. According emulators.com creator, Darek Michoka, nVidia's Denver CPU, with its focus on Binary Translation and other virtualization technologies, could well turn out to be able to emulate x86 or PowerPC just as easily as running straight ARM code. And with the improvements still to be had in the processes underlying BT he claims it will be an important platform to make use of in the coming future. For security and utility. Especially on the cloud services side, which big name players have not been making full, or sometimes any, use of as of late.

Reminded me of this post back in December. I wonder what went wrong. 

1469981_774936102532613_404583440_n.jpg?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero