What happened to Squirtle?

getrekt

4970x

ASUS P9X79-E WS

16GB of Crucial Ballistx Tactical Tracer

GTX Titan

That's the main parts, you can read more here.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4970X - This was a sample. Everything I said before about the 3970X applies here...  :P

retired: Intel Core i7 3970X - This was a sample. There is no way I would spend $1000 on a CPU that performs marginally better than one that costs hundreds of dollars less. I'm not planning to upgrade to IVY-E because I can't justify the effort of removing the CPU block to put in a CPU for the marginal performance improvement. I really want the additional cores for video exporting. It makes a big diff. Anything else I do benefits NOT AT ALL from the 6 core processor, and if I wasn't doing that I would just use a quad core. Similar thing I'd actually recommend: Core i7 4930K

I'm very certain that he meant to type 3970X on account of his statement about not upgrading to Ivy-E, and finally on account of the 4970X not actually existing.

LTT needs to do a whole team personal rig show down.

@LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg PLEASE

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Pretty sure that Luke still uses the 2600k, along with a GTX980 (reference cooler).

And Linus swapped out from the X79 platform up to X99 a while back. The changes he did went something like this (if I remember right).

GTX590 to a GTX Titan.

X79 to X99

And just recently swapped out his eight drive raid array to a single Intel 750.