My Personal Rig & Gear

LinusTech

Lovely.  ^_^

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

hi Linus!

(that would take 3 hours to read) :)

then grab some popcorn?

But seriously I'm just posting this so I have somewhere to link all the people who ask me about my personal gear. Tired of typing it out over and over again for each individual component.

hi Linus!

(that would take 3 hours to read) :)

This compared to that Windows 8 unbiased thread and you're like yup. NP that thread was the definition of TLDR.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

then grab some popcorn?

But seriously I'm just posting this so I have somewhere to link all the people who ask me about my personal gear. Tired of typing it out over and over again for each individual component.

well then i must go to buy that popcorn, how long it take to type that? ;)

Linus, I knwo you don't want to talk about the t balancer but could you point me in the direction of picking one up? I haven't been able to find a source for one =/

Can you show is some pictures? Or did you already cover it in a different video?

Thank you so much for responding to my message and posting this. Great detailed response and one i look forward to reading over now :)

I think you mentioned you had a 2nd 590 for a potential Quad SLI?

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte X79S-UP5 - I really liked this one at first, but now I'm not as impressed. A BIOS update bricked my SSD RAID array, the front USB3 ports cause the machine to blue screen whenever I plug in my Android phone, and sleep is broken when my RAID card is installed. With that said, it was one of the few X79 boards I could find that didn't coil whine (and matches my colour scheme) so I'm still using it for that reason.

Exact same thing happened to me with the GA X58A UD3R, in my work other rig, so fell your pain... 

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Are you officially done with your "2012" personal rig ;)?

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Nice job man, great build!

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

I don't get how your MB managed to brick your raid array? It's stored on the LSI controller and the BIOS should simply recognise the volume as a SCSI device, right? I can understand that happening with software raid on a MB, but not on hardware raid.. Weird.

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

Well, I wish I understood everything you typed :D (* I'm a foreign in technology-land).
But hey, I really need to thank you Linus, I'm learning a lot from your tips, both on Youtube and here.

You're the man.

Will show it off aesthetically, but I won't cover this stuff.

That will be good. I would like to see your rig.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Honestly this isn't anywhere near TLDR.

It's spaced out to make it easier on the eyes,very short sections,and not all that many sections.

also I disagree,certain gpu heatsink fans are silent.

I run the arctic cooling twin turbo on my gtx 480 at 100% at all times,and even at idle with the side panel off, and my ear right next to the card I can perceive no noise whatsoever from the twin turbo's fans.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Awesome man, random stuff? Hell, no!!! I would not use liquid cooling myself, and would stick with my 670, the rest is amazing i love it. BTW i understand what you mean about your case, if something does not ring in your head to replace it, don't do it xD.

Epic sound setup!!!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X79S-UP5 - I really liked this one at first, but now I'm not as impressed. A BIOS update bricked my SSD RAID array, the front USB3 ports cause the machine to blue screen whenever I plug in my Android phone, and sleep is broken when my RAID card is installed. With that said, it was one of the few X79 boards I could find that didn't coil whine (and matches my colour scheme) so I'm still using it for that reason.

Thanks for sharing I was considering buying the same board a few weeks back, due to that unboxing video you did, you seemed really excited about it too. It had all the features I was looking for. however googling the board revealed numerous problems and I wasn't sure as of this date the bios related issues were fixed, like I heard it CPU throttles apparently. Any other boards X79 you'd recommend been looking for some time now.. been thinking about Gigabyte X79-UP4, but unsure if shares the same issues as the UP5. 

Honestly this isn't anywhere near TLDR.

It's spaced out to make it easier on the eyes,very short sections,and not all that many sections.

also I disagree,certain gpu heatsink fans are silent.

I run the arctic cooling twin turbo on my gtx 480 at 100% at all times,and even at idle with the side panel off, and my ear right next to the card I can perceive no noise whatsoever from the twin turbo's fans.

Put your ear next to ANY fan running at minimal RPM and it will output noise. So the last line is bullshit, you are either hearing impaired or simply lacking the definition of sound. 

Put your ear next to ANY fan running at minimal RPM and it will output noise. So the last line is bullshit, you are either hearing impaired or simply lacking the definition of sound. 

my last line clarified my definition of silence as,and I quote

perceive no noise 

so what you're saying is that it is impossible for there to be a fan that produces no noise perceptible to the average person,in an average environment.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552