I'm Intrigued by this cheap scratch proof quad core phone

itzthekevin

sorry if its not linus reviewing it i dont mind im just like really? wow :D and its $213 CND at launch idk if it's cheaper now

This thing looks pretty cool, I wounder if it would be an upgrade over my iPhone 4 though. 

It's an android, they'll have to do considerably better than 'cheap' to get me to use the crappy thing

Whats wrong with Android ?

It's a rubbish, irritating and unpolished operating system that only sells well because it gets dumped on volume selling phones.

It's a rubbish, irritating and unpolished operating system that only sells well because it gets dumped on volume selling phones.

inb4 apple

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

inb4 apple

Wish I still had an iphone instead of this rubbish S3. I'm sorely tempted to buy out of my contract and buy a proper phone that wasn't designed by a team of idiots at samsung.

Anyways going off-topic here.

back on-topic:

you get what you pay for. The phone will be average in feature set

Wish I still had an iphone instead of this rubbish S3. I'm sorely tempted to buy out of my contract and buy a proper phone that wasn't designed by a team of idiots at samsung.

back on-topic:

Lol, SOMEONE made the mistake buying a non-nexus phone. No one's fault but your own. Want to produce a list of actual issues? iPhones are useless, I've owned and used both platforms extensively. Why would you buy something you don't like?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

back on-topic:

With an average feature set? 90% of the things phones do these days nobody needs lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

back on-topic:

well theres your issue!

its a Samsung. they make the worst  applications and modifications to android.

if you want a custom android you get HTC and if you want a quality experience you get NEXUS

I personally like Sony's set up. but Samsung is up there with huawei in terrible interface and software implementation.

I'd rather be still using HTC FROYO then Samsung JellyBean.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

look i really dont mind cheap phones

china is becoming the new japan

china is releasing cheap high quality phones more and more each year

the problem is the OS optimization and bugs

there will be a linux build coming soon for ARM devices

where u just install them like installing windows on any PC (just works)

when that happens it will be explosive for the chinese market

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well theres your issue!

its a Samsung. they make the worst  applications and modifications to android.

if you want a custom android you get HTC and if you want a quality experience you get NEXUS

I personally like Sony's set up. but Samsung is up there with huawei in terrible interface and software implementation.

I'd rather be still using HTC FROYO then Samsung JellyBean.

or you could just flash the latest CM10.1

ive flashed my uncle's S3 like 2 months ago

fastest experience ive ever had (im using a One S)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

or you could just flash the latest CM10.1

ive flashed my uncle's S3 like 2 months ago

fastest experience ive ever had (im using a One S)

Well seeing as they were discussing how they'd rather be on their iPhone i figured they want a phone they don't have to work to setup. even if roms aren't as hard as they used to be.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Lol, SOMEONE made the mistake buying a non-nexus phone. No one's fault but your own. Want to produce a list of actual issues? iPhones are useless, I've owned and used both platforms extensively. Why would you buy something you don't like?

android on my s3:

-phone randomly boots to safe mode for no reason

-regular crashing of apps unrelated to ram / related to ram example: taking photo using camera app then switching to snapchat can cause the snapchat app to repeatedly crash until the camera app is both closed and the memory cleared

-storage is all over the place with no obvious way to determine where the hell the OS puts things (internal and external memory)

-can't import from itunes properly and easily

-requires manual memory clearing to prevent running out of ram

-native google 'play music' app doesn't remember where it should be when you restart phone /clear memory

-won't aunthenticate wirelessly through bloxx proxy server

-s voice is a joke (samsung)

-nfc barely / rarely works at all

-not sure if android or samsung but when making call to a machine the keypad disappears when raising phone to your head, 'confusing' some machines while they wait for the phone to respond to you pulling it away from your head and clicking 'keypad'

s3 specifically:

-screen is too big

-screen is innaccurate to touch

-processor is slow

-battery dies too fast

-the buttons by the main button are the most annoying thing i have EVER seen on any tech product ever. Whoever said android phones need these buttons needs to be FIRED. (android)

-filled with samsung guff apps no one uses but can't be deleted.

-micro usb connection is flimsy, mine has a fissue in the plastic and won't stay connected unless i wedge the phone between things

-cheap plastic construction

-headphone jack has become damaged already, through normal use.

cba to add any more to that wall. I bought it because I broke my iphone 3gs and it was reviewed well, was the top selling phone at the time (iirc?) and because loads of nerds recommended it.

Then I discovered the reviewers were clearly on samsungs payroll and it was only being recommended because most nerds hate fruit phones for their swaggot appeal.

With an average feature set? 90% of the things phones do these days nobody needs lol

quality / features etc

Didn't watch the video - I relish any opportunity to slag off my S3 for being a rubbish phone

What the.....

It's 725$ CAD not 213$

its Philippine Peso my friend :D

What the.....

Might have given it a chance if the S3 wasn't a disgrace. I'm not messing around with roms for this.

android on my s3:

-regular crashing of apps unrelated to ram / related to ram example: taking photo using camera app then switching to snapchat can cause the snapchat app to repeatedly crash until the camera app is both closed and the memory cleared

-storage is all over the place with no obvious way to determine where the hell the OS puts things (internal and external memory)

-native google 'play music' app doesn't remember where it should be when you restart phone /clear memory

-not sure if android or samsung but when making call to a machine the keypad disappears when raising phone to your head, 'confusing' some machines while they wait for the phone to respond to you pulling it away from your head and clicking 'keypad'

s3 specifically:

-screen is too big

-processor is slow

-battery dies too fast

-the buttons by the main button are the most annoying thing i have EVER seen on any tech product ever. Whoever said android phones need these buttons needs to be FIRED. (android)

-micro usb connection is flimsy, mine has a fissue in the plastic and won't stay connected unless i wedge the phone between things

cba to add any more to that wall. I bought it because I broke my iphone 3gs and it was reviewed well, was the top selling phone at the time (iirc?) and because loads of nerds recommended it.

Then I discovered the reviewers were clearly on samsungs payroll and it was only being recommended because most nerds hate fruit phones for their swaggot appeal.

quality / features etc

Didn't watch the video - I relish any opportunity to slag off my S3 for being a rubbish phone

Rly, screen is too big -_- Processor is too slow -_- Plastic construction :D Samsung's phones have always felt shitty to me, that's why I got Nexus 4, and how did you manage to buy a phone without looking at it first, the screen is clearly large you had other options.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

back on-topic:

i know but i would like to compare it to the Big company's cheaper phones :D

and guys not to mention that there is a phone here on the philippines that is spreading that has a Television built on it HAHAHA but its not cable tho haha

Rly, screen is too big -_- Processor is too slow -_- Plastic construction :D Samsung's phones have always felt shitty to me, that's why I got Nexus 4, and how did you manage to buy a phone without looking at it first, the screen is clearly large you had other options.

I thought I'd get on with the screen size - was wrong.

my processor is either broken or the processor in the s3 is rubbish, my mate's S2 is faster at everything.

I wanted an android phone because I planned to write some apps as part of my final year at uni for my project module / dissertation, so I got the best sellign android phone, like I said. Now I'm stuck with it until NEXT july unless I buy out of my contract.

I thought I'd get on with the screen size - was wrong.

my processor is either broken or the processor in the s3 is rubbish, my mate's S2 is faster at everything.

I wanted an android phone because I planned to write some apps as part of my final year at uni for my project module / dissertation, so I got the best sellign android phone, like I said. Now I'm stuck with it until NEXT july unless I buy out of my contract.

So you just went ahead and bought a phone that was best selling other than looking elsewhere, the Nexus 4 would have been a much better choice, stock Android, all updates instantly, better glass and small amount of soft touch plastic construction and it was only £280 for the 16gb model, look around more, don't fall to Apple's simplicity, wont even be able to change the launcher on IOS 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

android on my s3:

s3 specifically:

-screen is too big

-processor is slow

-battery dies too fast

quality / features etc

After quickly browsing your list, I can tell you that I haven't had 90% of those problems with my Nexus 4.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)