Is this a fake galaxy s6?

ciprian97pop
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Yes it's fake.

1. Real S6 doesn't have that big of a gap between bezel and actual display.

2. Real S6 CPU is only 2.1GHz, not 2.5. That 2.5GHz is likely a fake number as well.

3. Real S6 has 5 signal bars, this fake one only has 4.

4. The box is wrong. The 32GB and "white pearl" should come from front to top, not front to side.

Coming from actual S6 Edge owner

SORRY FOR THE LENGHT OF THIS TOPIC BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE SPOILERS

As i said in a previous topic, i'm looking to buy a new phone, a galaxy s6

contacted a bunch of people and this is one of the phones that i found

it looks pretty normal but I think that it's fake

here are some images with it

11737088_979696662061163_1887690130_n.jp11748577_979696652061164_1781128789_n.jp

11737084_979696682061161_1916733173_n.jp

11759376_979696685394494_642644505_n.jpg

11759059_979696698727826_245799614_n.jpg

11739612_979696655394497_2042272712_n.jp

Then I asked him to download antutu benchmark and take a photo with another phone of the result(so he couldn't just send me a photo from the internet)

11741825_979690825395080_1678120884_n.jp

sorry, I don't know how to make a spoiler

there are a few weird things here

1. the black bars around the screen seem too big for an original s6

look how small they are on an original s6

SamsungGalaxyS6.jpg?itok=0higHCVk

2. the score looks pretty normal for an s6 but that doesn't really look like antutu benchmark

this is how a score should look like(talking about the app, not the numbers

11739649_1657562357822454_50622322_n.jpg

3. shouldn't the capacity of the device be written on the top-right part of the box, like really on the top part, not like in the pictures, on the right side?

4. those earphones look a litle weird. i know that the s6 headphones have a different design thanthe other samsung headphones but still

I talked to him and he seemed like a pretty nice guy and he did everything what i have asked him to do but i still think

that this looks a litle bit fake

i really don't know what to say

if the phone wouldn't have looked that "original" or if the score he posted wasn't that great I would say that it's100% fake and wouldn't spend any more of my time talking to him

i told him that we should meet friday so by your responses i could tell him tomorrow that I changed my mind

what i'm afraid about is that he drives 50 miles(25 and 25 back), I see the phone, realise that it's fake and he asks for the fuel money which i won't probably give him 

i really don't know what to do

what do you guys think? is it fake?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Yes it's fake.

1. Real S6 doesn't have that big of a gap between bezel and actual display.

2. Real S6 CPU is only 2.1GHz, not 2.5. That 2.5GHz is likely a fake number as well.

3. Real S6 has 5 signal bars, this fake one only has 4.

4. The box is wrong. The 32GB and "white pearl" should come from front to top, not front to side.

Coming from actual S6 Edge owner

"Rawr XD"

Where are you buying it from? eBay, Craiglist? Amazon?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

If the Heart Rate Sensor works, there's a chance its not a fake

Im from Malaysia..... Wooooo!!! The land where 1 USD is 4.33 MYR...

PCPartPicker wont do for me...  :(

here's where I do my searching for stuff (Local Market and prices are in MYR): Lelong.my

olx

as i said in the op, he's not that far away from me, it's the next city around me so i will get to see the phone before I buy it

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Yes it's fake. Real S6 doesn't have that big of a gap between bezel and actual display. And real S6 CPU is only 2.1GHz, not 2.5 (likely spoofed).

Agreed.

Im from Malaysia..... Wooooo!!! The land where 1 USD is 4.33 MYR...

PCPartPicker wont do for me...  :(

here's where I do my searching for stuff (Local Market and prices are in MYR): Lelong.my

If the Heart Rate Sensor works, there's a chance its not a fake

if it was a galaxy s5 fake the heart rate sensonr wouldn't have worked but on the note 4 and s6 clones it works(saw a lot of youtube videos comparing the phones)

the first thing that i'm going to check is the fingerprint scanner

register one finger and see if it can be unlocked with another finger. if it can, then that is a fake

olx

as i said in the op, he's not that far away from me, it's the next city around me so i will get to see the phone before I buy it

As I stated in my 4 reasonings above, I can tell it is a fake. Don't waste your time with going to see it. It's a well made fake but still a fake. I know as I own a real S6.

"Rawr XD"

what i'm afraid about is that he drives 50 miles(25 and 25 back), I see the phone, realise that it's fake and he asks for the fuel money which i won't probably give him 

I'd make him drive out to you just so you can tell him to screw off with his fake shit. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yeah, it's a fake. I assume you only want it because it's listed at a really cheap (or cheaper) price?

As I stated in my 3 reasonings above, I can tell it is a fake. Don't waste your time with going to see it. It's a well made fake but still a fake. I know as I own a real S6.

so it is fake. i'll contact him tomorrow and tell him that something showed up and we cannot meet

I'd make him drive out to you just so you can tell him to screw off with his fake shit. 

lol that would be a great idea but he's like 20-30 knowing he has a drivers license and i'm a 165cm small 17 y o guy :/

Yeah, it's a fake. I assume you only want it because it's listed at a really cheap (or cheaper) price?

not really. the price is just about right. only $20 lower than the other s6's but in my region there were like only 6 phones in my price range(other ones were either factory sealed which added about $50-$70 extra or they were with cracked screens and/or burned-in screens)
i tried to contact every one of them and the only people who responded was this person and another person with a gold one, which wes also a fake( he had the same photo of the warranty like a more expensive s6. the exact same pic. and the black bars around the screen were about as big as they are on this one)

The camera looks all wrong. Referencing this:

Agreed.

Thank everyone of you for helping me out on this. I wasn't really sure but now I know :)

so it is fake. i'll contact him tomorrow and tell him that something showed up and we cannot meet

lol that would be a great idea but he's like 20-30 knowing he has a drivers license and i'm a 165cm small 17 y o guy :/

Call him and agree to the deal and choose a meeting place far from him, and just don't show up. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yeah. Also, a 4th thing I found, the box is wrong. The 32GB and "white pearl" outline should go from front to top (with White Pearl on the top), not front to side.

As you can see my real box, the side by top right corner is different then his.

gPJhAn1.jpg

11737084_979696682061161_1916733173_n.jp

"Rawr XD"

Yeah. Also, a 4th thing I found, the box is wrong. The 32GB and "white pearl" outline should go from front to top (with White Pearl on the top), not front to side.

As you can see my real box, the side is different then his.

I mentioned that on point 3 but i don't think that i explained it right :)

anyway, thanks for the observation and that you actually went, took a photo of your box and uploaded it :)

Well this looks to be pretty much done, I'll throw this in anyway, the screen quality also looks a bit bad to be original. Honestly OP, look for a reputable seller and pay a little more, tomorrow you wont be disappointed.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Well this looks to be pretty much done, I'll throw this in anyway, the screen quality also looks a bit bad to be original. Honestly OP, look for a reputable seller and pay a little more, tomorrow you wont be disappointed.

thank you

gonna keep this in mynd

worst case scenario is that i'm gonna buy a note 4. they're a litle bit cheaper than the s6 and i didn't notice any fake ones on the market(probably because they are not that popular to people with no brains who buy a phone just to look good on the table :D

also they're alot easier to see if they're fake just by looking at the s pen

I mentioned that on point 3 but i don't think that i explained it right :)

anyway, thanks for the observation and that you actually went, took a photo of your box and uploaded it :)

No problem :)

So far you have a decent amount of knowledge down to decide if it's a fake when buying. However one thing I will add is the status bar. As stated earlier real S6 has 5 bars for signal, not 4 as most fakes.

Here is mine - so far it seems no clone has been able to make 100% replica of the status bar:

NYeOKoJ.jpg

Also, unlike the one in OP, there is NO notification or status bar icon if there is no SIM. With no SIM it simply says "emergency calls only" whereas in OP's fake there is an icon.

DsLODmr.jpg

"Rawr XD"

No problem :)

So far you have a decent amount of knowledge down to decide if it's a fake when buying. However one thing I will add is the status bar. As stated earlier real S6 has 5 bars for signal, not 4 as most fakes.

Here is mine - if does not look EXACTLY like this, it is a fake, so far it seems no clone has been able to make 100% replica of the status bar:

Also, unlike the one in OP, there is NO notification or status bar icon if there is no SIM. With no SIM it simply says "emergency calls only" whereas in OP's fake there is an icon.

yeah, i can say that i know my way around phones

also, does the status bar turn black on the real s6 and s6 edge when entering the play store like it does on the fake one?

most certanly not but I just want to be sure

also, does the status bar turn black on the real s6 and s6 edge when entering the play store like it does on the fake one?

most certanly not but I just want to be sure

Yeah, not completely black but that dark bluish gray color that it turns to on pretty much all Lollipop devices.

"Rawr XD"

That's a very convincing fake. I thought it was real for a sec until @Aniallation started pointing out the differences. 

COMIC SANS