Need a new keyboard

Skyway

Like the title says, I'm in the market for a new keyboard.  I currently have three crappy rubber dome keyboards (2 stock dell, and a stock hp) and for some strange reason, the s key went out on all of them.  I want to upgrade to a mechanical and I've got a couple choices that I would like some opinion on from current mechanical owners.

First option:

Logitech G910

post-194640-0-67657500-1436912485.png

Before anyone says anything, I know about the keycaps and all the downfalls of this keyboard, it still looks interesting to me and I think it would be a nice upgrade from my rubber domes.  I don't necessarily care for the gamer themed design but I can look past aesthetics for functionality.

Second option:

Corsair K70:

post-194640-0-51310500-1436912164.jpg

I have a feeling that most of you guys are gonna recommend the K70, but I would like to know opinions from G910 and K70 owners why they chose their board.  I am just really intrigued by the g910 due to the new romer g switches.  If you have any other options on different keyboards than the one's I have chosen, please let me know.  I am open to suggestions,  these are just the two that looked the most interesting to me.

Thanks!

post-194640-0-51310500-1436912164.jpg

post-194640-0-67657500-1436912485.png

Out of these 2 I would say Corsair k70, although I would recommend a ducky or filco over both of them. 

Dis

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have a Corsair K70 that I got yesterday and it rocks. Also don't forget that it comes with a wrist wrest (which I particularly like)

Out of these 2 I would say Corsair k70, although I would recommend a ducky or filco over both of them. 

Was there a specific model of ducky or filco that you would recommend?  I know they are both highly regarded as being great keyboards, are they gonna be good for gaming?  I pretty much need rgb lighting because I game a lot in the dark, media controls are a must as well, and I would prefer some macro keys for some of the games I play.  I was leaning toward the g910 because of the romer g switches being really good for gaming.

Are there any ducky or filco boards that have rgb lighting, media controls, and macro keys? Also I prefer a full keyboard, as much as I like the 60% or compact boards, I use the numpad quite a bit.

I have a Corsair K70 that I got yesterday and it rocks. Also don't forget that it comes with a wrist wrest (which I particularly like)

Why did you choose the K70?  What other boards have you used in the past?  Have you tried the g910?

Look at what?  All that light bleed? lol I'm kidding, it looks really nice.  I am a bit worried that cherry's will be too loud for my liking.  My rig is in my bedroom and I game late at night when my son and girlfriend are sleeping.  From what I've read, the g910 is a lot quieter

Look at what?  All that light bleed? lol I'm kidding, it looks really nice.  I am a bit worried that cherry's will be too loud for my liking.  My rig is in my bedroom and I game late at night when my son and girlfriend are sleeping.  From what I've read, the g910 is a lot quieter

I have a k70 with cherry mx browns and I love them and you can turn off the lights. Also being quieter it depends on the switches and the k70 has different options for which one you want.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Was there a specific model of ducky or filco that you would recommend?  I know they are both highly regarded as being great keyboards, are they gonna be good for gaming?  I pretty much need rgb lighting because I game a lot in the dark, media controls are a must as well, and I would prefer some macro keys for some of the games I play.  I was leaning toward the g910 because of the romer g switches being really good for gaming.

Are there any ducky or filco boards that have rgb lighting, media controls, and macro keys? Also I prefer a full keyboard, as much as I like the 60% or compact boards, I use the numpad quite a bit.

For rgb lighting, the ducky shine 5. It is not out yet, but will be worth the wait. The ducky keyboards do not have macro keys, but that can be fixed with a simple ahk script. If you can live without rgb the ducky shine 4 is a viable option, it has a very nice dual color backlight, which you can mix to create different colors.

Hi.

I have a k70 with cherry mx browns and I love them and you can turn off the lights. Also being quieter it depends on the switches and the k70 has different options for which one you want.

Yea if I were to pick any cherry switches, it would probably be the browns (from my research as I have never used a mech keyboard with cherry's).  I was also referring to the light bleed that is common among rgb cherry's.  The g910 with it's romer g switches do not have any light bleed

Yea if I were to pick any cherry switches, it would probably be the browns (from my research as I have never used a mech keyboard with cherry's).  I was also referring to the light bleed that is common among rgb cherry's.  The g910 with it's romer g switches do not have any light bleed

Browns are really loud. I got the K70 with MX Browns, and damn, they're loud. My rig is in my room and my mother was telling me that it's quite loud.