Very Choppy Gameplay

DieselFiveStar

Hi all.

Recently I built myself a new PC... Last week in fact.

• i5 4690k @3.5ghz
  • 16GB Ripjaws RAM (4x4GB) @1600mhz
  • MSI 4GB GTX960

I've been having a problem with this build since I first started using it. I've been noticing that gameplay in games like CS:GO is very 'choppy'. What I mean is that I'll be playing as normal, then all of a sudden, there'll be almost like a freeze frame for a split second then it'll go back to the way it was for a short while. It's happening several times per game, every game. But in short bursts. My ping is fine. My fps is fine. There is no problems with either of those things. In CSGO, which is the main game I play right now, it's where I notice it the most, or where it happens the most. Without setting a limit, I can hit 150-200fps on Very High settings there, but to try and solve my problem, I have tried locking it at 60fps and it doesn't make much of a difference. I've been checking drivers and settings such as vsync on the Graphics card, everything looks fine. At this stage, it's very frustrating to play and getting quite unplayable too. Let me know if anyone here knows of anything that I may not have tried that might help me with this problem. Also let me know if you need anymore information on the problem.

Thanks. 

Try turning off FXAA and VSYNC or using Nvidia Inspector. Now Nvidia Inspector is not intuitive but it worked for me. Here is a Video to help you understand how to use it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Try turning off FXAA and VSYNC or using Nvidia Inspector. Now Nvidia Inspector is not intuitive but it worked for me. Here is a

to help you understand how to use it.

I'll give that a shot, thank you.

Try turning off FXAA and VSYNC or using Nvidia Inspector. Now Nvidia Inspector is not intuitive but it worked for me. Here is a Video to help you understand how to use it.

First option definitely hasn't worked, it's strange, very strange problem.

First option definitely hasn't worked, it's strange, very strange problem.

hmmmm...are you going to do the Nvidia Inspector? Takes a very short time.

hmmmm...are you going to do the Nvidia Inspector? Takes a very short time.

I might give it a shot yes. But it just shouldn't be necessary, to have to do that. It's a problem that leads to nothing really...

I might give it a shot yes. But it just shouldn't be necessary, to have to do that. It's a problem that leads to nothing really...

While this is true, i am only giving you some tricks that helped me with the new Nvidia drivers. Give it a try.

While this is true, i am only giving you some tricks that helped me with the new Nvidia drivers. Give it a try.

Alright, I'll do that.

You could try reinstalling the Nvidia drivers

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M