Nexus 5 - 2015

jos

nexus5_2015_antutu_02.jpg

nexus5_2015_antutu_01.jpg

All last year, the Meizu MX4 was the top scoring phone on the AnTuTu Benchmark website with an average score of 47,765. That edged out the 47,079 scored by the Nexus 6. The early leader for 2015 was the Samsung Galaxy S6 with a 68,157 tally. But now, there is a new King sitting on the AnTuTu throne. With an incredible score of 85,530, the Nexus 5 (2015) is seemingly the new phone to beat on the benchmark site.

Qualcomm-Snapdragon-810-AnTuTu.jpg

810 graphics performance is way higher even at higher resolution compared to Nexus 5.. CPU performance has almost doubled. even in single and multi thread application. Mediatek 10core CPU is conformed to have a score near 70000 meaning it is likely to be snapdragon 820. If it is 820 then they reduced heat by making underperforming graphics core compared to 810.

Source: http://wccftech.com/lg-nexus-5-2015-antutu-scores/

Wait, Nexus 5 2015 is an all new phone? So the number after Nexus only indicates screen size? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Wait, Nexus 5 2015 is an all new phone? So the number after Nexus only indicates screen size? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

Yes, the number indicate screen size and it has been that way since the Nexus 4 came out.

That's why the Nexus 9 is newer than the Nexus 10,and why we have the Nexus 7 as well as the Nexus 7 (2013).

Yes, the number indicate screen size and it has been that way since the Nexus 4 came out.

That's why the Nexus 9 is newer than the Nexus 10,and why we have the Nexus 7 as well as the Nexus 7 (2013).

I have to admit my mobile devices knowledge isn't on point. I thought that the Nexus 9 and 10 were different, because they were tablets and that the phones use a regular increasing number naming scheme.

This might be confusing for other consumers, I reckon. It also seems that the mobile market is shifting back from the ridiculously large phones. This new version is smaller than the 6, the OnePlus Two will be smaller than the One.

i would love if its a 820 instead of a 810 but  its too early for a 820

Qualcomm announced the new Snapdragon 820, to be available for sampling in late 2015, with its brand new Kryo CPU. It is expected to show up in smartphones by 2016

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yay great it's powerful but what about battery life? My nexus 6 loves to eat through its battery and that's with every setting I can find turned off or to the lowest point possible.

I have to admit my mobile devices knowledge isn't on point. I thought that the Nexus 9 and 10 were different, because they were tablets and that the phones use a regular increasing number naming scheme.

This might be confusing for other consumers, I reckon. It also seems that the mobile market is shifting back from the ridiculously large phones. This new version is smaller than the 6, the OnePlus Two will be smaller than the One.

I'm still hoping for there to also be a phablet Nexus. I know most people here will disagree, but I think 5.5+ inches is where a smartphone reaches its true potential.

I'm still hoping for there to also be a phablet Nexus. I know most people here will disagree, but I think 5.5+ inches is where a smartphone reaches its true potential.

Yeah, 5.5 seems to be the max for me. I have a 1+1 now, which is 5.5 IIRC. Anything larger would get uncomfortable for me.

Though, bigger and bigger phones have more space for bigger batteries ;)

So is this thing 100% confirmed now? 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Great! I'm also looking for a new phone I can run stock android on with decent battery life and performance (atleast 7-9h straight for a working day) and the current Nexus 5 was going to be my replacement for the current Moto G I use. Nexus 5 2015 would just be even better.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

are the new Nexus 5 is in the medium range price like is predecessor?

Well, guys you have to remember that this is a leak and doesn't have to be true at all.

And well, I'm considering either a 1+2 or the new Nexus 5 if it has a decent battery life this year. I'm honestly not as convinced on OnePlus using the 810 v2.1 in the 1+2, I have the suspicion that their CPU core management in OxygenOS and the new thermal thingie in the firmware might cause the 810 not being able to be used to its full potential.

Let's hope the Nexus5 '15 will be as blazing fast as it seems. Might also be just some improvements in Android M that are kind of tricking AnTuTu, who knows.

I'm still waiting on getting more news about Huawei's Nexus phone this year, so let's see how that goes. I could imagine that being the phablet-sized Nexus device of this year. If it's not too much more expensive than the Nexus 5, that might also be an option for me. Gotta go LARGER

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 14257                   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 380 4GB

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 @ 4x 3.7 GHz                                                          Storage: 128GB SanDisk Extreme II

RAM: 16GB Kingston DDR3-1333                                                                  Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB, Razer DeathAdder Black Ed., XBOX 360 Gamepad

Quite honestly I'd love my Nexus with a better battery and camera. It's plenty fast enough but a performance bump wouldn't hurt either. Oh and put it in the beautiful red [emoji7]

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Sweet, i hope i can use it on project FI

if I decide to switch to android one day; this.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Yeah, 5.5 seems to be the max for me. I have a 1+1 now, which is 5.5 IIRC. Anything larger would get uncomfortable for me.

Though, bigger and bigger phones have more space for bigger batteries ;)

There will be 2 nexus phones this year.

A 5,7 Huawei Nexus and this one.

There will be 2 nexus phones this year.

A 5,7 Huawei Nexus and this one.

We'll see. Huawei though... I'm honestly not sure if I'd buy a phone made by them. Why choose them, of all companies?

We'll see. Huawei though... I'm honestly not sure if I'd buy a phone made by them. Why choose them, of all companies?

They are actually very, very successful and known in Asia, they just aren't known in the West. And it is hard for them to make a footprint here. But they are succeeding slowly.

They are actually very, very successful and known in Asia, they just aren't known in the West. And it is hard for them to make a footprint here. But they are succeeding slowly.

I just haven't seen true quality from them, and their current flagship is a blatant iPhone 6 ripoff.

I really like my nexus 5 (original) and if the new nexus 5 is the same size I'll most likly get that

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I just haven't seen true quality from them, and their current flagship is a blatant iPhone 6 ripoff.

Don't you mean Xiaomi?

Don't you mean Xiaomi?

No. The Ascend P8 is an iPhone 6 with smaller bezels and square corners, basically.

No. The Ascend P8 is an iPhone 6 with smaller bezels and square corners, basically.

So is the S6, but you don't see anybody else complaining :P (it looks like the iPhone 6 a lot)

And seriously, there is only so much shapes for a phone.

You branding it a rip off is not cool man.

So is the S6, but you don't see anybody else complaining :P (it looks like the iPhone 6 a lot)

And seriously, there is only so much shapes for a phone.

You branding it a rip off is not cool man.

I normally wouldn't, but this is one of the rare cases where I just have to...

For anyone interested, this is what the Ascend P8 looks like:

huawei-ascend-p8-tenaa.jpeg

I think calling it an iPhone rip-off makes as much sense as calling any rectangle with a big screen an "iPhone rip-off". I'd like to see anyone design any phone that's not an iPhone rip-off if even this one qualifies for it.