New Zealand Customs Suuuuuuuuck

Mushious

Customs didn't do anything wrong they saw a gun shape on Ray and investigated the travelers fault for having that motherboard and traveling

Your a special kinda person.

I will refrainfrom saying what kinda special since I dont wanna get a warning for it, but im sure you can figure it out.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Im sorry that you feel that way but they did their job.

That motherboard is freaking expensive :o

And they won't cover the cost? I'd sue them or punch them in the face.

That motherboard is freaking expensive :o

And they won't cover the cost? I'd sue them or punch them in the face.

Lawsuit would likely not be worth it after court costs

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Lawsuit would likely not be worth it after court costs

Totally forgot that :D

You would have no case. The customs saw a weapon on a x ray and to find it

You are not entitled to repairs or replacement of any thing if there was due cause to search you items going through customs.

You guys realise that "REPLICA" guns are also illegal to carry, it doesn't have to be a real gun, if it LOOKS like a gun, its illegal to have out in public

Sure, its part of a PC, but to an ignorant security guard, he might think its an attempt to conseal a firearm 

I mean carrying around a realistic water gun is just as illegal as a real gun as it can cause panic, or people can use them to rob stores etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

snip

Yeah, this is true though....

Because I had a "Water" gun, it looks like a gun, I went to the airport and the security took it from me ;_;

Must be careful around security guards..... Especially airports, it's tight.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Sucks for him but if you have any amount of common sense you should know that you don't take anything that even remotely looks like a gun to an airport... Both parties are to blame if you ask me.

Yeah, this is true though....

Because I had a "Water" gun, it looks like a gun, I went to the airport and the security took it from me ;_;

Must be careful around security guards..... Especially airports, it's tight.

I had a gun lighter confiscated before too, its completely understandable, could easily be mistaken for real

Sucks for him but if you have any amount of common sense you should know that you don't take anything that even remotely looks like a gun to an airport...

This 100%

that said, I was going to airsoft on sunday, and couldnt find my rifle bag so decided to just walk to my car in full camo, with my rifle in my hands...neighbours gave me some funny looks :D so I just gave a friendly wave haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

To be fair it would look pretty real from afar and if someone was carrying a gun and just caught, would you take advice from them on how to get to the gun?

I mean they would be thinking this

itsatrap.jpg

People are saying Gigabyte is dumb for adding a gun but the gun looks really good. I want a gun on my motherboard!

Wait there's a mother board that has a heatsink like that ? Wah ?

http://www.gigabyte.com/fileupload/product/2/3752/3880_big.jpg Le magazine

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I wouldn't ship my PC with the GPU's installed in the first place. Literally the reason I kept the boxes for them, I remove them every time I move it between houses.

100% avoidable by the owner, but a shitty situation to find himself in.

Well I think there are alot of reasons for keeping the boxes, such as displaying them on a shelf.

You guys realise that "REPLICA" guns are also illegal to carry, it doesn't have to be a real gun, if it LOOKS like a gun, its illegal to have out in public

Sure, its part of a PC, but to an ignorant security guard, he might think its an attempt to conseal a firearm 

I mean carrying around a realistic water gun is just as illegal as a real gun as it can cause panic, or people can use them to rob stores etc

Totally agree. While it sucks that they did that and they could be more careful the dude really didn't help himself. As someone already said I would never travel with the GPU's attached, too much movement for me to be comfortable with.

I am also sure he could have pre-warned them that they would see that on the xray or whatever.

You can really blame them when it very much looks like you are trying to smuggle a gun in a computer.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

You know they did have a legitimate reason since the chipset heatsink is shaped like a gun , But they didn't have to be a total pig ass about tearing off the GPU , seriously, they are supposed to be professionals, there should be a compensation because it's someone else's property,

PS, He should've packed em separately in a bubble wrap knowing that they're going through customs & it's the best alternate to keep the mobo & the gpu safe..

Details separate people.

Totally agree. While it sucks that they did that and they could be more careful the dude really didn't help himself. As someone already said I would never travel with the GPU's attached, too much movement for me to be comfortable with.

I am also sure he could have pre-warned them that they would see that on the xray or whatever.

You can really blame them when it very much looks like you are trying to smuggle a gun in a computer.

Yeah basically just say "just a warning my pc motherboard has a gun shaped heatsink, if you like we can take it apart and I can show you its not real"

Hell once had the police in my house and I forgot my M4 (airsoft) was laying on my sofa.... we were about to walk into the room and I was like "SHIT dont over react,.. there is an assault rifle on my table.. but its not real"

The cop just picked it up and was like "wow thats cool" hahaha

I had a gun lighter confiscated before too, its completely understandable, could easily be mistaken for real

This 100%

that said, I was going to airsoft on sunday, and couldnt find my rifle bag so decided to just walk to my car in full camo, with my rifle in my hands...neighbours gave me some funny looks :D so I just gave a friendly wave haha

You lucky you did not get a swat team swoop down on you.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Well, that's a way to start a problem with security....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

i had a belt buckle that customs took bechause it looked like a gun..... (it was a star-trek fazer with large lettering on it that was cowering the fazer) (the dimensions of the buckle was roughly 10x5 cm and the fazer was 4x2 cm) (oh and i was 13 at the time, pulling out f*ckings tazers wasnt nesesary. (didnt get tazed but two guards stood beside me in a inspection room with tazers.. ))

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

• 3 months later...

I can't see the picture, I am at school, but I could imagine that it sucks :(

How fucking stupid do you have to be to do that, you don't know that there is a weapon in there, you only suspect it, so you shouldn't go around breaking shit. Get a professional to have alook at it

FYI the PCI slots are liked sort of bent upwards and pulled from the PCB.

(Ignore this nek bit not directed at you) 

I would sew TF out of them that's bullshit, how can a bloody pistol be that small like bugger me m8's, i would rip myself 2 shreds

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

FYI the PCI slots are liked sort of bent upwards and pulled from the PCB.

(Ignore this nek bit not directed at you) 

I would sew TF out of them that's bullshit, how can a bloody pistol be that small like bugger me m8's, i would rip myself 2 shreds

Can't sue in NZ.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon