Up to 90C when gaming on Razer Blade?

Chibify

Pretty sure this is not normal but I contacted their support and they said as long as no problems are happening its fine. Still seems too high though.

EDIT: I have only tested it on CSGO and League. Both not that demanding and still super high temps. Even with League on lowest settings, it still was at 90C.

What the CPU or GPU?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

What the CPU or GPU?

I believe it was the GPU but I am not 100% sure sorry. Both were very high though and I think similar numbers.

What surface is it on when gaming?

Glass

Glass

Well glass is a bad conductor.

Pascal laptops guide

Check Linus and hardwarecanucks review they should have the temperature, I'd love to check for you but I don't want to finish my mobile plan

Pascal laptops guide

Pretty sure this is not normal but I contacted their support and they said as long as no problems are happening its fine. Still seems too high though.

EDIT: I have only tested it on CSGO and League. Both not that demanding and still super high temps. Even with League on lowest settings, it still was at 90C.

Thats normal for any gaming grade laptop

@Swndlr got any ideas on this?

Mine never gets this hot, I would notice because it would throttle like crazy.

In games like CS that can easily be maxed out, frame rates should be capped so its not just letting the GPU go all out on the game and in return that will ramp up the usage and fan RPM's and temps as a whole.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Mine never gets this hot, I would notice because it would throttle like crazy.

In games like CS that can easily be maxed out, frame rates should be capped so its not just letting the GPU go all out on the game and in return that will ramp up the usage and fan RPM's and temps as a whole.

So i have CS capped at 70 fps and i have tried a cooling pad. The CPU can still go up to 90C and the fans are working hard already. Should i contact razer about this?

So i have CS capped at 70 fps and i have tried a cooling pad. The CPU can still go up to 90C and the fans are working hard already. Should i contact razer about this?

Yes that sounds like a problem.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Yes that sounds like a problem.

Awesome, I will let you know what they say.

Awesome, I will let you know what they say.

Im curious to hear, as Ive never needed to contact them for any issues before.

Im curious to hear, as Ive never needed to contact them for any issues before.

They were pretty quick and easy when dealing with some Deathadder issues. I hope the same is for the Blade! Would be a nice bonus if they sent back a 2015 model :D

They were pretty quick and easy when dealing with some Deathadder issues. I hope the same is for the Blade! Would be a nice bonus if they sent back a 2015 model :D

They wont, that much Im almost sure of.

It gets hot, 90 is quite normal for a gaming laptop internally

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8971/the-2015-razer-blade-review/6

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They wont, that much Im almost sure of.

This is what they replied with to my email, "We apologize for the issues you are having with your System. Although the Blade does get warm, if it were ever to enter an unsafe temperature it is designed to shut down. Is the system itself shutting down? Let us know more information regarding the cause of the temperature and if it is shutting off along with filling out the form below and we can see how we would like to proceed with your case."

Get one of those things where you set it on a desk and it has fans under it, lemme find it.

EDIT: Here it is