I need help (GPU- $250-$300, 4GB)

So..... I currently have an EVGA GTX 750ti ftw.  I've had it about 6 mos. now and it seems like its starting to get a little out dated.  It was the first time I ever built a PC and I did my homework on it and basically came up with that for my first budget GPU.  anyway, I know Arkham Knight was a little bit problematic with some PC's, mine happend to be one of them.  But I noticed it was asking for 3GB of VRAM for anything over low settings.  Cut to the chase, I figured since I've got it now, I want to go ahead and upgrade.   Now, I could drive myself crazy lookin' up this, estimating that, benchmarking this, watching this and that..... or.... Man up and admit I have a problem, and need assistance.  So, now, with some of the new graphics cards that have surfaced in that short amount of time, which one?  I wanna keep it at about $250-$300.  and based on Arkham Knight, and the probability of other games in the near future requiring that, or even more VRAM, I was wanting to go with a 4GB GPU.  or do I need it with NVIDIA's efficiency? I just need a little help guys.  and Much appreciation ahead of time.  Thank you, Thank you, THANK  YOU.

How much are the R9 290 and 290X cards where you live?
Or the R9 280X or R9 380?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, for $330, you can get an MSi Gaming 8G R9 390.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127874

Or you can get an MSi Gaming 4G R9 290 for $300.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127774&cm_re=290-_-14-127-774-_-Product

I'm not sure what else to recommend. A 280x isn't a bad idea, but that's all the way down at the $180 price range now. For $330 you could also get a GTX 970. Stupid AMD launch. Now I don't know what to choose..

if you are fine with MIRs (which I dont know why people hate em so much) you can wait for the 290x to go back down to $270. Which I can almost guarantee it will. or if you want the 8gb vram the 390 is a great option.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

whats the difference in the R7, the R9, 280's, 290's, and the 380's, and 390's?

Performance

280<280x<290<290x=390<390x<fury

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

R7 cards are the weak cards. They're the ones you'd throw in an HTPC or something, or that quick upgrade on your mom's off-the-shelf HP Office Desktop. The R9 280x is comparable to the GTX 960, but it's slightly better. The 970 is better than the 290, but slightly worse than the 290x. (Though at 1080p / 1440p it doesn't really make a difference.) The 390 is comparable to the 290, but with a few power improvements and additional VRAM. Get a 390 over a 290, but get a 290x over a 390. And get a 390x over a 290x.

R9 series is newer and more powerful

Current-gen are the 200 series

Next-gen are the 300 series

will I have any major issues if I change from the Nvidia I have over to an AMD GPU?

will I have any major issues if I change from the Nvidia I have over to an AMD GPU?

As long as you run a program like Driver Sweeper before you install the new card, nope. 

NonaHexa....... are you speaking from any kind of bias of one card or another? just asking

NonaHexa....... are you speaking from any kind of bias of one card or another? just asking

Add an "@" before their name to mention them directly. :) Like @GHOSTface986 

I went from a Radeon 5570 to a Radeon 6870, to a GTX 970. My younger brothers have R9 270X's, and my older brother has an R9 290x. I am not biased whatsoever. If I was, I'd be recommending you go with a GTX 970. I still do, but it's a tad out of your price range of $250-300. I just recommend the most for the money!