1080p 27" or 1080p 23"?

Caito

The title says it all. Basically I need to choose between the Asus MX23H and the Asus MX27H. Everything about them is the same except for the screen size. So in wondering if 27" is too much for 1080p. Also if it helps I will mostly be gaming and watching movies, YouTube vids and such. Thank you!

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

I'd go with the 23'', i find 27'' just to big for 1080p res.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

Beyond 24 you can start to see the individual pixels if you're picky. This annoys and affects some people more than others

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

23", it'll look really bad on 27" unless your a tad away from it.

23 inch, because 27inch in 1080p will be bad and you will feel bad for buying something which is bad and you will continue feeling bad until you buy another which wont be bad and will be good and then you wont feel bad

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

23", it'll look really bad on 27" unless your a tad away from it.

I say stick with 23 unless your at a far distance from the 27".

How far away are we talking?

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

23 inch, because 27inch in 1080p will be bad and you will feel bad for buying something which is bad and you will continue feeling bad until you buy another which wont be bad and will be good and then you wont feel bad

Well I'm not sure what drugs you're taking, but what you just said (whatever it was) certainly sounds awesome. :D

Well I'm not sure what drugs you're taking, but what you just said (whatever it was) certainly sounds awesome. :D

lol but you should buy the 23inch one, for 27"+ i'd go for 2560x1440 or 1600 to maintain a good pixel density, otherwise it wont really look that great

I dont know if you have a smartphone but think two smartphones, one with a 5" screen and another with a 6" but with the same resolution, which one do you think would look better?

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

More then arms length

Hmm ok. I'll have to measure my desk later but it seems as if I will be going with the 23". It's cheaper anyway. Thank you for your help.

lol but you should buy the 23inch one, for 27"+ i'd go for 2560x1440 or 1600 to maintain a good pixel density, otherwise it wont really look that great

I dont know if you have a smartphone but think two smartphones, one with a 5" screen and another with a 6" but with the same resolution, which one do you think would look better?

Yeah I guess it makes sense. Problem is I've only had a laptop till now so its kinds hard to compare. I guess I'll have to go to a store and look at some monitors. Thank you for your help.

I would say 23" 1080p. The only reason I would get a 27" is for a 2560x1440 resolution.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

All a mater of how close you are sitting, like with me my 30 inch 2560x1600 is FAR to big for how close I am sitting so I went back to a 24inch 1080P. If you can get a 24 inch, it's a good in between.

The Pixel density is just not good enought on Displays bigger the 24" @ 1080p... considering 1440p you may go up to 27".. but no way further then that unless you sit like 2 meters away from dat display

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

23", 27" looks crappy at 1080p imo..

I'd rather get 2 23" displays and/or a single 27". A single monitor just feels so constrained for me since I'd like to consume high quality media. 

I personally don't mind non-optimal pixel density as much although it's a good thing to shoot for.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I agree, I would go with a 23" over a 27" at 1080p. With 27" displays, it's very noticeable and doesn't look nearly as good.

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

Depends how far away you are from the display, I personally have a 23" 1080p Acer display, I sit a couple feet away from it and it looks gorgeous. 27" @ 1080p I think the pixels may look a little big; Again depending how far away you're going to be from it. I would say go 23" for 1080p.

23 all the way unless you can't see well since it will be smaller.

I sit about two feet away from my MX279H and its perfect distance. I have good eye sight and at this distance im not tempted to lean in like i do with smaller screens. Check them out at a store if you can. 27" 1080p doesnt look bad unless you slam your face against it -- in which case you wouldn't even see the whole screen.

I sit about two feet away from my MX279H and its perfect distance. I have good eye sight and at this distance im not tempted to lean in like i do with smaller screens. Check them out at a store if you can. 27" 1080p doesnt look bad unless you slam your face against it -- in which case you wouldn't even see the whole screen.

Yeah I'll definitely have to go and see it myself before I buy it, but you've given me some hope Mr Bob. Thanks.