Please help stop misinformation.

I dont have anything against Tech of Tomorrow and i was subbed to him for awhile but the fact that he keeps spreading misinformation even when i keep pointing you would think we would learn to do some research.

But he did it again. Posted a video with insufficient knowledge on the R9 Fury X.

His lack of knowledge and the fact that people use him as their go-to source for tech is getting me worried. Sure its not my business but if his misinformation is getting spread over here, we might have a issue.

Most of the information is correct and i dont think he is trolling, just not as tech informed as his fans think he is.

I dont want you to ddos, threaten, insult or spam him. Because than he will just dismiss us as trolls.

I dont have anything against Tech of Tomorrow and i was subbed to him for awhile but the fact that he keeps spreading misinformation even when i keep pointing you would think we would learn to do some research.

But he did it again. Posted a video with insufficient knowledge on the R9 Fury X.

His lack of knowledge and the fact that people use him as their go-to source for tech is getting me worried. Sure its not my business but if his misinformation is getting spread over here, we might have a issue.

Most of the information is correct and i dont think he is trolling, just not as tech informed as his fans think he is.

I dont want you to ddos, threaten, insult or spam him. Because than he will just dismiss us as trolls.

Off topic, and buthurt over a ban.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This shouldn't really be in tech news and reviews .

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Um, k?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Yep, I can see where you're coming from, I think he's just saying what AMD or whoever want him to say TBH.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

I don't think you can expect one person to know everything. Moreover, his channel's popularity is not entirely because of his technical know how; Linus, for example, has a more techy and geeky vibe on his channel because he knows a lot more but you can't expect everyone to be like that. Take Anandtech, and compare them to most of the other review sites. Both have their followers and those followers have their own reasons for preferring either option.

So what exactly did he say that is wrong? I don't watch him.

Most of his video was correct but he did make several errors. For one, he kept mentioning how haters will keep hating about the Fury X being a rebrand but that, as far as he was concerned, as long as it gave you the performance you needed, whether they used a little old technology didn't matter. Now, the problem is, the Fury X is not a rebrand by any stretch of the imagination and he seems to have confused it with the R9 300 series. Thus, he was rationalising a fault that actually didn't exist.

Conversely, he claims that due to the low temperatures, you can overclock the Fury X quite a bit but, as it stands, even professional reviewers at AnandTech were only able to eke out 75MHz because AMD has locked down quite a bit of stuff.

So, he wasn't entirely informed about the current capabilities of the card and also seemed to be confused about the different products that AMD offers.

What do you mean by misinformation. give examples. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

ToT plays too nice with the manufacturers. It feels more like an informercial everytime i watch.

who cares...

I don't think you can expect one person to know everything. Moreover, his channel's popularity is not entirely because of his technical know how; Linus, for example, has a more techy and geeky vibe on his channel because he knows a lot more but you can't expect everyone to be like that. Take Anandtech, and compare them to most of the other review sites. Both have their followers and those followers have their own reasons for preferring either option.

Most of his video was correct but he did make several errors. For one, he kept mentioning how haters will keep hating about the Fury X being a rebrand but that, as far as he was concerned, as long as it gave you the performance you needed, whether they used a little old technology didn't matter. Now, the problem is, the Fury X is not a rebrand by any stretch of the imagination and he seems to have confused it with the R9 300 series. Thus, he was rationalising a fault that actually didn't exist.

Moreover, he claims that due to the low temperatures, you can overclock the Fury X quite a bit but, as it stands, even professional reviewers are only able to overclock by 7-10% (the maximum AnandTech got was 75MHz) because AMD has locked down quite a bit of stuff.

So, he wasn't entirely informed about the current capabilities of the card and also seemed to be confused about the different products that AMD offers.

You can say it is a rebrand, as it still uses GCN. So the technology is not new. And he didnt say it overclocked well, he said it might have overclocking headroom because of the liquid cooling. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Ok alot of you have pointed out that this is not tech news i thought it would fit here as im talking about SOMEBODEY MAKING TECH NEWS

General/off topic. No way is tech news

I don't how is this tech news

This shouldn't really be in tech news and reviews .

I thought it would fit here as im talking about somebody making tech news and spreading misinformation.

Moreover, he claims that due to the low temperatures, you can overclock the Fury X quite a bit but, as it stands, even professional reviewers are only able to overclock by 7-10% (the maximum AnandTech got was 75MHz) because AMD has locked down quite a bit of stuff.

FYI, the voltage isn't actually locked down; there just aren't any programs able to control the voltage of that card yet.

dont know where you get butthurt from and ban?

i havent been banned so?

You can say it is a rebrand, as it still uses GCN. So the technology is not new. And he didnt say it overclocked well, he said it might have overclocking headroom because of the liquid cooling.

That's like saying that the 960, 970, 980 and 980 Ti are all rebrands of the 750 Ti.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Who the heck is he? And what the heck did he do to deserve having a thread criticising him? And why is this thread in news? So many questions very little answers. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Does that mean every intel chip is a pure rebrand of the 8086 because it still uses x86 instruction sets? Nvidia's 900 series and Titan X are also just rebrands?

Appropriate post though given the thread title.

What kind of fucking stupid logic is this? So, are the 960, Titan X, and 980 Ti all rebrands then? You people will say anything to to call something a rebrand, FFS.

So what exactly did he say that is wrong? I don't watch him.

well go over to his channel

he has done various claims throught his carrer like

Not his words but this what he said you can go back yourself and watch his review of it

The asus strix actully fixes the issue with the gtx 970 you can see it hear on the box where it says 4gb :P

(SORRY THIS CLAIM WAS MADE BEFORE THE ISSUE WAS KNOWN)

New Example

TDP=Power requirement

and many others

just watch his videos and you will understand

Who the heck is he? And what the heck did he do to deserve having a thread criticising him? And why is this thread in news? So many questions very little answers. 

Spreading misinformation yet warnings desveres criticism

FYI, the voltage isn't actually locked down; there just aren't any programs able to control the voltage of that card yet.

really?

i thought i read a article (actual good source) about they using a msi afterburner glitch to access it cause it was locked

but very well then i will edit my comment on youtube about that

As someone has already pointed out, going by that logic, a lot of the cards that we consider 'new' are actually rebrands. Generally, a card is considered new when there is a significant architectural overhaul and, in this case, AMD has a whole new architecture (Fiji) and they've introduced HBM to the world for the very first time. The change to Fiji alone would make it a 'new' card and not a rebrand.

People don't get banned based on how true their claims are. People get banned based on their attitude. It's the same here on LTT. If I were to go apeshit over wrong info from a general tech Youtuber, hahahaha. Every mainstream tech Youtuber that has talked about headphones would have banned me from their channels. And every one of them that did a Haswell overclocking guide.

I wasn't around to witness what you said exactly, and what you said that led you to get banhammered. I guess my question is, if we can't look to a tech Youtuber for accurate information, who are we supposed to? Generally the answer I think are aggregate opinions from like, OCN. But that's not a video format. Tech of Tomorrow was never that big on the hardcore data, but I guess this is still a step in the wrong direction.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

IF A MOD SURFS PAST THIS PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF THIS IS THE WRONG SUB FORUM

I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE OK TO POST HERE AS IM MOSTLY TAKING ABOUT A GUY DOING TECH NEWS AND REVIEWS DOING A REVIEW WITH MISINFORMATION