Just got my first laptop. Have to say, it's pretty awesome.

So I just got a dell xps 13 for my graduation present. I'm incredibly grateful that my parents helped me out to get the infinity display i7 model which will come in very handy for my impending 7 year nuclear engineering degree.  :(  Wow I must say, having your own personal laptop is just so much more convenient than I would ever expect. Taking it to friends houses and random fast food restaurants are things I always used to look at people weirdly for, but gosh darn do I see the reason now. Kind of a random thought but I love this thing. I hardly ever use my desktop anymore outside of gaming.  :P What do you guys think? Do you feel as if you take your laptop for granted?

Wish I could afford one of those XPS 13's :c

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Wish I could afford one of those XPS 13's :c

I feel man, I feel. It took me a lot of time working my minimum wage job to get $1000 to put towards this thing. My parents just helped get me the rest.

Wow I was planning to get a laptop too for uni next year...

I was originally going to get a blade pro but then I had to unexpectedly spend $1.5k on PC repairs...

So I'm actually considering the XPS13 since its half the price of the blade pro

Either that, or I wait til next march for the next edition of the blade pro which will have a new intel CPU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i don't use laptops for gaming or anything, a tablet does every thing i need to get done or use my phone.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

How you got the marks to get into nuclear engineering and manages a minimum wage job I do not know :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I was originally going to get a blade pro but then I had to unexpectedly spend $1.5k on PC repairs...

Either that, or I wait til next march for the next edition of the blade pro which will have a new intel CPU

If you wanted more of a gaming oriented PC, should check out Metabox/Clevo/Sager stuff :)

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

If you wanted more of a gaming oriented PC, should check out Metabox/Clevo/Sager stuff :)

No, not really. I don't game that much.

I want something that can browse the web, edit pics and videos, and just general multitasking.

But most importantly I want something that looks really good (like a macbook pro, except not apple), which is why I wanted a blade pro

Soon, soon I will have one.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Can't say enough good about this laptop except the scaling is nonexistent sometimes haha.

How you got the marks to get into nuclear engineering and manages a minimum wage job I do not know :P

Only just graduated high school, but I graduated with a 4.3 and an associates degree and tons of scholarships. I just worked at mcdonalds so I could be sure that is exactly not the kind of job I want to be stuck doing for the rest of my life. As my parents always told me, you have to work your way up in this world and invest in your future. Hence the engineering degree.

i don't use laptops for gaming or anything, a tablet does every thing i need to get done or use my phone.

very true but there are just things a tablet cannot do sometimes.

I want something that can browse the web, edit pics and videos, and just general multitasking.

But most importantly I want something that looks really good (like a macbook pro, except not apple), which is why I wanted a blade pro

Ah fair enough, just assumed you would want more of a gamer laptop if you wanted the Razer Blade.

But yeah I love the XPS 13" look. The Slim bezel is gorgeous and its specs are tasty :P

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
Case:

This dell xps 13 is very sleek and sexy, the only drawback is the ugly outdated dell logo  ;)

This dell xps 13 is very sleek and sexy, the only drawback is the ugly outdated dell logo  ;)

I would put a vinyl wrap on any notebook just to keep it looking fresh

Also for added protection, and if it gets worn/dirty it can always be replaced :D

Spoiler

Ah fair enough, just assumed you would want more of a gamer laptop if you wanted the Razer Blade.

But yeah I love the XPS 13" look. The Slim bezel is gorgeous and its specs are tasty :P

Oh hell yes it is, I get people asking me all the time why my laptops screen looks so much better and I say because it is actually a screen. Virtually 0 bezel is something i've always wondered hasn't been a staple of the industry.

Oh hell yes it is, I get people asking me all the time why my laptops screen looks so much better and I say because it is actually a screen. Virtually 0 bezel is something i've always wondered hasn't been a staple of the industry.

For multiple screen setups, slim bezels are a must :D

Yeah I hadnt seen such a slim bezel on a laptop before and it just suited so nicely, looks amazing.

I will get my xps 13" one day.... haha

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
Case:

I would put a vinyl wrap on any notebook just to keep it looking fresh

Also for added protection, and if it gets worn/dirty it can always be replaced :D

Not a bad idea. Sometimes I admire this laptops nice aluminum carbon fiber design and then that logo. God dangit that logo kills it haha.

For multiple screen setups, slim bezels are a must :D

Yeah I hadnt seen such a slim bezel on a laptop before and it just suited so nicely, looks amazing.

I will get my xps 13" one day.... haha

Ever since I saw the NCIX and the review Linus did on this laptop, I started saving up that day haha.

Ever since I saw the NCIX and the review Linus did on this laptop, I started saving up that day haha.

Can I ask how much it was in total?

Here in Australia, these laptops arent too cheap :'c

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
Case:

Can I ask how much it was in total?

Here in Australia, these laptops arent too cheap :'c

I got it for about $1600 usd in total including tax but I also got a $100 promo code for being a student. 

Btw you got a badass gaming desktop. I envy that for sure.

I got it for about $1600 usd in total including tax but I also got a $100 promo code for being a student. 

Btw you got a badass gaming desktop. I envy that for sure.

Ah nice nice

I just checked on Dell's website how much it is here. For the Highest spec one, its $2,300AUD ($1700US) so not too bad I guess haha.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
Case:

Ah nice nice

I just checked on Dell's website how much it is here. For the Highest spec one, its $2,300AUD ($1700US) so not too bad I guess haha.

Yep, seems about right. Definitely worth every dollar I spent.

Is 13 inch big enough? I feel as if 13inch is like... extremely, extremely small.