970 strix Gpu sag

p3acefrog
Go to solution Solved by p3acefrog,

From all that money you saved buying those support holders, I bought I private jet. We're going to Japan. 

Sounds like a plan lets go to  italy as well with akl the money i am saving we can go anywhere we want!

I have a 970 strix and it ahs some pretty bad sag that makes me sad.I want to fix it, but not just using a ziptie or toothpaste like all the ghetto hacks say to do. I'm looking for a extendable support beam like the power jack thing but i cant find one on Newegg or amazon does anyone know what I'm looking for or where i can find one thanks.

I have a 970 strix and it ahs some pretty bad sag that makes me sad.I want to fix it, but not just using a ziptie or toothpaste like all the ghetto hacks say to do. I'm looking for a extendable support beam like the power jack thing but i cant find one on Newegg or amazon does anyone know what I'm looking for or where i can find one thanks.

I have the same problem and I have 2 of them :P but there isn't a product you can buy you have to make it yourself.

if you have a modular psu, then put the cables through the management holes and have them above the gpu and pull it a bit tight so they dont sag.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

You could buy the gigabyte waterforce just for the support beam

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

You could buy the gigabyte waterforce just for the support beam

The most cost effective way of course. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

same thing with my MSI Gaming 4G one :/

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

The way I solved it:

• Buy some dowelling
  • measure the distance between the graphics card's ideal position and the bottom of the case
  • cut the dowelling to that length
  • paint the dowelling so it looks purty. Add tin foil for metallic look (optional)
  • Install in case using blu tack at the bottom so it does not slip in transport

Pros:

• Practically free
  • DIY is good for you apparantly

Cons

• Some sinners don't possess the tools to do so. Buy them, they're fucking cheap as shit and if you don't have tools, how do you fix things when they break?

You can try tying your GPU's power cable to the motherboard's. They don't have to touch, just enough to pull the GPU slightly upwards.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Get a Cooler Master HAF X like mine HAHA :P I am ready for them big cards!

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Just orderd 2 of them gonna toss out those uselss cards and use that beam to its fullest

And you get free suit cases!

Lets make one and go into business selling them thjen

Yup, Iknow that Pudget systems made their own version out of plastic but they don't sell it.

how? MSI has a support brace. It can't be as bad as the Strix.

it does sag, its not too bad to the point of me being worried, but it does sag towards the end of the card, considering the beginning is from the ports side of the card at the back end of the case 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Wanna go on a trip i have the suitcases

From all that money you saved buying those support holders, I bought I private jet. We're going to Japan. 

Sounds like a plan lets go to  italy as well with akl the money i am saving we can go anywhere we want!

it does sag, its not too bad to the point of me being worried, but it does sag towards the end of the card, considering the beginning is from the ports side of the card at the back end of the case 

Oh right, the 970 has no backplate.

Pudget systems made these 

That's a pretty terrible picture bruv.

I'd rather go to Poland.