Japan vs The United States of America - War is Coming

JLCitadel

Detailed News Coverage of Topic Here

Answer the poll and lets see the public opinion here!

What implications do you think this fight may have for the future of the robotics industry?

Fear of these eventually being massed produced and used in war, much like in many cartoons?

(for those unaware, this is a post regarding the mech robot duel between the usa and japan)

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i first read your topic i thought like a real war like guns blazeing. i was like wtf?

HAHA i thought that also i was all confused 

One word my friends, or more an acronym.

DARPA

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Going to have to go with the USA mech. While the Japanese Mech has better aesthetics the USA one seems to have the better firepower from seeing the video.

i thought it was like guns and nukes kind of war. thanks op u made me really scared

i mean come on hard would it be for them to shove in some gears and pistons and stuff BOOM instant gundam. http://www.giganticstatues.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/gundam-statue-tokyo-japan.jpg

That thing is horribly unstable though... Hit it right and it falls down like a tree...

that is unless they could get really complicated stuff inside to keep it stable at all times...

The should include missiles, and make the macross missile massacre a reality

VphCS59.gif

Touhou missile massacre?

4119d1d83b1556e0d1092d6112e98755a812e14c

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Sort of was confused at first but then I realised it was about robotics and not an actual war.

Because like I think Japan is interesting and think that some aspects of their culture are far better than what we have in " 'Murica "

So my vote goes to Japan because after France, Japan is the second coolest country (and where I'd love to visit).

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

The should include missiles, and make the macross missile massacre a reality

-snip-

Touhou missile massacre?

-snip-

megas_xlr_motivational_poster_by_slyboys

i thought it was like guns and nukes kind of war. thanks op u made me really scared

Sensationalism op.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That thing is horribly unstable though... Hit it right and it falls down like a tree...

that is unless they could get really complicated stuff inside to keep it stable at all times...

i wouldnt be suprised if they managed to get some kinda fancy futureistic gyroscope thingy into it and a high power computer in it to control balance 

Well, looks like most people believe Japan will win and are rather indifferent towards the whole event or will enjoy it. I was expecting a few more no's and lack of interest.

I would enjoy it ... No matter who wins or lose it will be awesome !!! I'm secretly rooting for Japan ... Also , long time no see Luclocke ... Edit : Probably not a long time since I saw you often in the Periphirals section and Audio section of the forum ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Fear of these eventually being massed produced and used in war, much like in many cartoons?

Boots on the ground, even with robots, are not the forefront of war technology. Someone else mentioned DARPA. The USA is pouring it's black budget into bioweapons, chemical weapons, cyberterrorism and Low Earth Orbit surveillance and recon. Any nation that relies on robots for war will, without question, lose. 

Robots are good for peace, however. Bomb disarmament, land mine detection, rescue efforts and nuclear disposal - all of which our "defense" research can't really address. Robots will revolutionize humanitarian aid. Not so much war. Maybe if it was the 1950's, but then what is a machine gun or a tank but a robot?

Not surprised to see everyone thinks Japan will win. They probably will.

Boots on the ground, even with robots, are not the forefront of war technology. Someone else mentioned DARPA. The USA is pouring it's black budget into bioweapons, chemical weapons, cyberterrorism and Low Earth Orbit surveillance and recon. Any nation that relies on robots for war will, without question, lose. 

Robots are good for peace, however. Bomb disarmament, land mine detection, rescue efforts and nuclear disposal - all of which our "defense" research can't really address. Robots will revolutionize humanitarian aid. Not so much war. Maybe if it was the 1950's, but then what is a machine gun or a tank but a robot?

Not surprised to see everyone thinks Japan will win. They probably will.

I think if there isn't a mechanical failure it will be a close and fun fight.

Japan will win definitely.

You know what would be interesting, them using Acid that like Iraqi urban legends mention.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650