2011 Macbook Pro 15'' worth $600

LOL I got an e6420 with a 2.7ghz i7 2620M, 4GB ram and an 320GB HDD for $270. Yes. $270. Put $110 into it. Now it has a 120GB 850 EVO and 10GB of RAM. Total Cost $380.

even though the display isn't rentia, its still nice as hell. It rapes my 1080P monitor in quality. Id recommend getting a SSD to throw in there. you can take out the disk drive and go dual hard drives. even the older I7, with a ssd the system feels just as fast as any new computer. 

for 600$ its a pretty solid deal. 

I've got an old intel SSD I'm going to put in it

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

It's not. Really.

Contrary to other laptops, except some thinkpads, it doesn't fall to pieces after 2 years. And since it's Apple and still fully supported it keeps it's value really well.

I wanted to get her a Thinkpad, Thinkpad Master Race FTW

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

LOL I got an e6420 with a 2.7ghz i7 2620M, 4GB ram and an 320GB HDD for $270. Yes. $270. Put $110 into it. Now it has a 120GB 850 EVO and 10GB of RAM. Total Cost $380.

Congrats? Is it Mac quality? No. Does Apple support you? No. Is it a good quality screen? No. Does it have the MacBook legendary trackpad and keyboard? No. 

Need i go on? 

I've got a 4970k with 32gfb ram, 1tb ssd (well 2 in raid that equal 1tb), 2 gtx 780, cost i dont remember

Congrats? Is it Mac quality? No. Does Apple support you? No. Is it a good quality screen? No. Does it have the MacBook legendary trackpad and keyboard? No. 

Need i go on? 

Yes, No, Yes, Yes.

Dell Business Class Laptop meaning almost every part is metal. Obviously Apple doesn't support me. Yes, it has a nice 1600x900 14" screen. I have a wonderful backlit KB and a multitouch tracpad and tracpoint nub as well.

I can also upgrade it very eaisly. Hard drive? 4 screws. DVD Drive? push in a little latch and its out. CPU? take off bottom cover, heatsink, and its out. 

I've got a 4970k with 32gfb ram, 1tb ssd (well 2 in raid that equal 1tb), 2 gtx 780, cost i dont remember

Your specs contradict your signature.

Need i go on? 

I was talking to my economics teacher, Hes really smart and actually very impressive, he always put money into terms teenagers can understand and such, I asked why he loved his mac so much, his answer was the hinge. the higher quality hinge alone was worth an extra 300$ to him. 

that came from a economics teacher that built his own camper to save money, that was in stocks at 14 instead of spending money he won. I thought he was crazy, but build quality is everything. 

cough

*shamless plug*

http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2031-lenovo-thinkpad-e430/

cough

I actually love thinkpads and most likely getting a better one for college. 

I've got a thinkpad farm in my house lol

x220

x230

t420

t540p

t440p

w540 "which is my main laptop, has ssd and 32gb ram"

Have you owned a MacBook, or Mac or any other Apple product for that matter? 

Macs are worth every penny. 

from what I've heard, the service might worth it but the hardware definitely not. I need more then what any prebuilt system can offer and don't have to rely on 24 hour hardware replacement  and such supports and I don't use any video/photo/music editing software, so the extra stuff that comes with a mac is almost useless to me so it ain't worth every penny. it's only worth it for non tech sawy movie/music/photo production people

Your specs contradict your signature.

look at my previous posts and it makes sense :)

Yes, No, Yes, Yes.

Dell Business Class Laptop meaning almost every part is metal. Obviously Apple doesn't support me. Yes, it has a nice 1600x900 14" screen. I have a wonderful backlit KB and a multitouch tracpad and tracpoint nub as well.

I can also upgrade it very eaisly. Hard drive? 4 screws. DVD Drive? push in a little latch and its out. CPU? take off bottom cover, heatsink, and its out. 

My w540 would mop the floor with your dell.......

Yes, No, Yes, Yes.

Every part being metal, gives it what benefit exactly... 

My point was, it's not a Mac. And i'm going to guess and say you've never owned a Mac, therefore, you would never understand my point. 

Also, you said yes to it being Mac quality (which it isn't because it's not a Mac...) and to it having a MacBook trackpad and keyboard (which it doesn't because it's not a MacBook...)

mate do you only have one PC?

No, I would just assume you would put your most powerful computer in your signature.

from what I've heard, the service might worth it but the hardware definitely not. I need more then what any prebuilt system can offer and don't have to rely on 24 hour hardware replacement  and such supports and I don't use any video/photo/music editing software, so the extra stuff that comes with a mac is almost useless to me so it ain't worth every penny. it's only worth it for non tech sawy movie/music/photo production people

YEa your wrong....

My boss has been working as a sys admin for 15 years and is a networking genious has a mac for personal use.......and loves it

Kevin Mitnick has a mac...he's not a noob

My w540 would mop the floor with your dell.......

And how much did you pay? $380? No? $800? No? Then my Dell mops the floor. Much better price. Plus it doesn't look like a computer out of a 1990's sci-fi movie.

I've got a thinkpad farm in my house lol

x220

x230

t420

t540p

t440p

w540 "which is my main laptop, has ssd and 32gb ram"

I love thinkpads. dont have quite that many though lol. 

No, I would just assume you would put your most powerful computer in your signature.

...................he did?

Nah. It's for everyone who values a reliable and well built machine.

Macbooks are the best laptops you can buy.

Everyone from professional coders to general consumers use it. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Why would you assume that, I put my gaming pc as my signature, the one I posted host's my virtuals and if she ever games with me she uses it which is why it has 2 graphics cards

I was talking to my economics teacher, Hes really smart and actually very impressive, he always put money into terms teenagers can understand and such, I asked why he loved his mac so much, his answer was the hinge. the higher quality hinge alone was worth an extra 300$ to him. 

that came from a economics teacher that built his own camper to save money, that was in stocks at 14 instead of spending money he won. I thought he was crazy, but build quality is everything. 

Exactly. People that have never owned a Mac, or a MacBook, don't seem to recognise that people like to spend an extra $300-500 on something which just feels of quality. Even the hinge, trackpad, keyboard, AC adpater, everything about them and for something which will last years. 

Non tech savy? Can i ask why you say that? Like, seriously, everyone seems to say that Apple products are for non tech savy people, i'd love to know why. 

And how much did you pay? $380? No? $800? No? Then my Dell mops the floor. Much better price. Plus it doesn't look like a computer out of a 1990's sci-fi movie.

Nothing It was free, I got it from work

...................he did?

Last time I checked, a 4790k > 4770k, even by a little bit.

Plus it doesn't look like a computer out of a 1990's sci-fi movie.

how so? its a business laptop. all of lenovos business laptops have the exact same design. 

maybe because Im a guy who loves noctuas and a H440s, but not everyone wants a super flashy laptop. they want one...that well, does business.