THE lowest profile heatsink in the universe

blu4

lookup all low-profile cpu coolers and see witch one you like best i woad personally go with cm Gemini

NH-L9i (intel) or NH-L9a(AMD)

Noctua-NH-L9i-vs-radiator-na-sekcii-zasi

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

this

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Pls help. It's for my cassette pc project :D Saving space is key!

NH-L9 or just use the intel stock cooler maybe? 

stock_side_by_side.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you don't care about noise... Search 1U dynatron coolers

But if you are using a normal Mini itx mb there are coolers as tall as te I/O ports, iirc that noctua linked above is one of them

This is a signature.

L9 is shorter but the stock cooler is also an option(and its free)

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

stock_side_by_side.jpg

are they similar in performance? or is the noctua better?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

The noctua is better, the stock cooler is 100% free and is acceptable

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Intel Stock Cooler?

Not AMD, they're big.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

@BurgerBum had a REALLY low profile one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Main ||  i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz || Corsair H90 || Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 500GB || WD Green 4TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW || Fractal Core 3500 || Corsair CX 500M ||

Wiseplex || i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz || Corsair H50 || Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 250GB || WD Green 6TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC || Fractal Node 605 || Corsair CSM 450 ||

i7-6700k @ 4,6Ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti Hydro Copper | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Corsair 760T V2 EVGA SuperNova 1000W P2 | Samsung 850 EVO 1TB EKWB Custom Loop | 6x Noctua Industrial PPC Fans

Display's: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | ASUS PB278QR | Peripherals: Logitech G19 | Roccat Nyth | Sennheiser HD600 + ModMic 4.0

That one is still a bit thick but I think the lowest profile option would indeed be a laptop cooler mounted somehow.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The noctua is better, the stock cooler is 100% free and is acceptable

Off the top of my head they perform basically the same, the noctua is just quieter

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Main ||  i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz || Corsair H90 || Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 500GB || WD Green 4TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW || Fractal Core 3500 || Corsair CX 500M ||

Wiseplex || i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz || Corsair H50 || Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI || HyperX Fury 16GB || Samsung 840 EVO 250GB || WD Green 6TB || EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC || Fractal Node 605 || Corsair CSM 450 ||

I'd say the CM Gemini is a good and inexpensive choice.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-GeminII-M4-RR-GMM4-16PK-R2/dp/B0080ATR2Y

Too high mate :D

Noctua-NH-L9i-vs-radiator-na-sekcii-zasi

This looks promising.. Although poop brown

stock_side_by_side.jpg

The stock cooler looks taller and I don't think I'll be getting one with a second hand CPU anyway :/

This is negative profile :D

This... This might actually be it.. I only would have to worry about intake for the case.

I'll have a look at the blower style and the notcua one. This box is tiny, seriously. Tomorrow I'll add dimensions of this case xD

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

But will it ever arrive? 

if you order it at an other store or amazon it will arrive :D just linked the first usable site i found on google when i searched "silverstone low profile" 

wow... pretty empty here...

Too high mate :D

This looks promising.. Although poop brown

The stock cooler looks taller and I don't think I'll be getting one with a second hand CPU anyway :/

This is negative profile :D

This... This might actually be it.. I only would have to worry about intake for the case.

I'll have a look at the blower style and the notcua one. This box is tiny, seriously. Tomorrow I'll add dimensions of this case xD

What about the tiny Silverstone one pictured? It's lowwest

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thin sheet of copper, zip ties, and thermal compound.

It's not very effective.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.