[G2A] Windows 8.1 for $25

SocomSuade

Oh, also, my technet keys still work to this day as well, but i don't share any of my keys.

MSDN keys don't expire...I've been using them for a LONG time (I have/had an MSDN account, cancelled the account, still do software development though, the subscription is not worth the high cost).

MSDN accounts themselves expire, but the keys don't.  My MSDN installs have even gotten the Windows 10 notification recently.

Edit:  That being said, G2A itself isn't the culprit, but rather 3rd party sellers.  For legit, reusable keys, go with a legit source like amazon.com.  

Legit MSDN keys that you've acquired from your own account won't expire, but any keys that Microsoft finds that have been resold, they will flag them as invalid.

That's the risk with "buying" MSDN keys, is that they will be flagged. And if Microsoft flags them, there's literally no recourse, since you, the buyer, bought a key that wasn't intended for resale.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Probably MSDN keys or pirated.

image.png

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Ok, well, how do you check? I mean, doesn't Microsoft have some sort of database that allows you to check if you bought genuine Windows? I recently got a message from a guy on a different forum selling me a key for about $20. He said I can check before paying him. So, how do I check that it's genuine?

Ok, well, how do you check? I mean, doesn't Microsoft have some sort of database that allows you to check if you bought genuine Windows? I recently got a message from a guy on a different forum selling me a key for about $20. He said I can check before paying him. So, how do I check that it's genuine?

You look at the price the person is charging for the key.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

You can download and run this program:

Edit (English link): http://en.janek2012.eu/ultimate-pid-checker/

It will tell you what kind of key it is, and it gives a status of "Valid" on good keys, but I don't know how it determines if its valid (whether it checks a MS database, or just tells you if the key is a real key of any type).

I tried it out on my PC at work, and it does correctly identify my product key as a pre-installed OEM Dell key for Windows 7 Pro.

Edit 2: For OEM Machines, key extractor: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html#DownloadLinks

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Guys, just because you got a bad key, doesn't mean every key is bad. If you don't want to risk it, don't buy. 

Personally i'v bought quite a few games from them and only had an issue with FC4, which wasn't their fault nor was it one of those stolen keys that ubi banned. Ubisoft is just dumb, but I got a full refund. By the time ubi stole my game I had finished it anyways so whatever xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

If your games library is worth more than what you a willing to spend for a legit OS, you should probably get your priority check again. You can get it less than half of the retail price on microsoft store if you are a student. 

If your games library is worth more than what you a willing to spend for a legit OS, you should probably get your priority check again. You can get it less than half of the retail price on microsoft store if you are a student. 

Most of us aren't or don't have emails that they accept :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Most of us aren't or don't have emails that they accept :P

You don't need to have just the email for verification. There are 4 other ways that you can choose to verify yourself.

post-18705-0-14507300-1436139033_thumb.p

You don't need to have just the email for verification. There are 4 other ways that you can choose to verify yourself.

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.png

didn't know :o 

didn't know :o

I didnt know bout it either. i just checked it like 5 minutes ago. LOL. I use a mac so I dont really know or care for it anyway. Besides I already got a free copy of W8.1 pro from my uni and I dont even have any use for it.

G2a is an alright source for obtaining software keys and games, I personally obtained 2 games for very cheap prices, the keys worked for steam,I bought malware bytes but the license key turned out to be not legit after an update but the software replaced my key with a new 1 year premium license so a good situation for me

I have bought 6 win8.1 keys from g2a .com. Reinstalled one of them about 10 times and have never had a problem. All of my machines have the windows 10 icon. All the machines have windows 10 reserved also.

You can download and run this program:

Edit (English link): http://en.janek2012.eu/ultimate-pid-checker/

I ran this on my Windows 8 key that I got over a year ago from G2A, which I've never had any problems with and is showing as valid. It gave another clue to the source of some of the keys, it's an RTM copy. So this could well be a MSDN key right?

Win 8 RTM Professional Retail

I ran this on my Windows 8 key that I got over a year ago from G2A, which I've never had any problems with and is showing as valid. It gave another clue to the source of some of the keys, it's an RTM copy. So this could well be a MSDN key right?

Win 8 RTM Professional Retail

A RTM key stands for "Release to Manufacturers". So odds are its a bulk OEM key sold to Dell or HP or some other big OEM builder. I can't really say for sure though, as I don't have an MSDN key to compare with.

wait a year...

Well in a year I'm sure he'll get the $25 he paid and more out of it.

A RTM key stands for "Release to Manufacturers". So odds are its a bulk OEM key sold to Dell or HP or some other big OEM builder. I can't really say for sure though, as I don't have an MSDN key to compare with.

Indeed, I'm not sure either. I would have thought an OEM copy would have been labelled as OEM tho. Would be interested if anybody else could check a MSDN key.

They may be MSDN keys, so stay away. Buy from /r/microsoftsoftwareswap

Are his keys any better than G2A? I mean legitimacy... 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I'm really interested in purchasing a key from /r/microsoftsoftwareswap specifically from s5EAN(Administrator) for whom is highly recommended.

so what do you guys think?

yay or nay?

thanks!!!

I'm really interested in purchasing a key from /r/microsoftsoftwareswap specifically from s5EAN(Administrator) for whom is highly recommended.

so what do you guys think?

yay or nay?

thanks!!!

I'm planning on getting one myself. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Even if it's a grey area, as soon as you upgrade to W10 you should be completely legal. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2898668/windows-10-will-be-a-free-upgrade-for-software-pirates-too.html

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

what concerns me is the key expiring after a certain amount of time.

@insayan

that rumor about Microsoft allowing bootlegs to turn into win 10 genuine was debunked.