[G2A] Windows 8.1 for $25

SocomSuade

I'm really interested in purchasing a key from /r/microsoftsoftwareswap specifically from s5EAN(Administrator) for whom is highly recommended.

so what do you guys think?

yay or nay?

thanks!!!

Tough call. Certainly there are some people who've bought from him and have had no issues at all. The problem is, there's just no way of knowing whether you will have issues, or whether your key will expire, until/unless it happens.

Even if it's a grey area, as soon as you upgrade to W10 you should be completely legal. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2898668/windows-10-will-be-a-free-upgrade-for-software-pirates-too.html

Legal, yes, but it's still a grey area. Not to mention that that particular article was proved wrong a while ago. Pirates are NOT getting a legit, activated, genuine copy of Windows 10 for free - nor should they fucking get one.

Microsoft clarified by stating that a pirated copy of Windows may receive the upgrade to Windows 10, but it will not give you a genuine Windows 10 key.

For MSDN keys, it's a tough call. You might get a Windows 10 key out of it. But the thing about MSDN keys, is that they are multi activation (Usually 10 simultaneous activations for each key), which means that 9 other people possibly "bought" the same key as you did. If any of them upgrade their "key" to Windows 10, then it will probably invalidate the other 9.

Now, that is assuming that a seller would sell the same key to multiple users - I doubt all of them do this. I wouldn't even be able to say how many of them do, but I would definitely bet that some of them do it.

what concerns me is the key expiring after a certain amount of time.

@insayan

that rumor about Microsoft allowing bootlegs to turn into win 10 genuine was debunked.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Reddit has keys for like, $10.

Just sayin'

wat? are they safe?

wat? are they safe?

Yes. I bought mine a couple weeks ago, did a fresh install of Windows 8.1, and every went perfectly.

Go to this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

I bought mine from this guy, who is also a moderator: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/3cqpag/h_windows_7_8_81_servers_office_visio_project/

COMIC SANS

Your paying 25$ to end up pirating anyway.

money doesnt' go to ms

may was well download a crack......and buy windows when u can affrod it.

Show me proof of the money not going to Microsoft.

That's an impossible request. You can't "prove" that some guy selling cracked Windows out of the back of his seedy van isn't passing on money to Microsoft either, without an actual investigation.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's an impossible request. You can't "prove" that some guy selling cracked Windows out of the back of his seedy van isn't passing on money to Microsoft either, without an actual investigation.

Then don't say it. How can you know something for sure with no evidence on either side?

I've bought from s5ean before, his keys are legit and he is quick too. I can confirm he probably sells RTM keys. Which to me, makes no difference. I will still be able to use the key to upgrade to Win10 when the time comes. Even KMS activated keys are subject to the upgrade for free. You can pirate that too, Microsoft knows, in order to survive that the money isn't at the OS level. It's the end user experience and buying subscriptions to things like the new Office 365.

Then don't say it. How can you know something for sure with no evidence on either side?

It's a pretty damn good educated guess.

First: If it's an MSDN key, then you're literally ripping Microsoft off by selling them.

1. They specifically prohibit resale of the keys in the user agreement, as the keys are intended for testing, developers, and educational purposes (teaching yourself the new version of Server before you migrate to it).

2. Yes, Microsoft earns your sub fee, but that sub fee is highly highly subsidized, compared to the actual retail value of all of the keys you get access to. Each key gives you 10 concurrent activations, and you usually get at least 2 keys for literally every version of every product that Microsoft sells.

An MSDN account, if each key was resold, is easily worth like a hundred thousand dollars.

If the key comes from another source, then sure, Microsoft might get legitimate payment... or might not. We literally have no way of knowing, unless it comes from an authorized reseller.

Prove That it does?

That's exactly my point.

but i mean thiers a reason those keys are being sold that cheap

and probably copies of keys too,

but windows 10 is free in like 2 weeks................

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

but windows 10 is free in like 2 weeks................

to people who own windows 7 and windows 8.1

Taran should run for president!

Well if it's legit, I wouldn't mine upgrading into win10 pro and get the free upgrade from my 8.1 to my laptop.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Do not buy these keys. I bought one and it worked perfectly fine until I went to reinstall Windows. These ARE pirated keys that will work once but Microsoft will find them and flag them as pirated. This should also mean that you won't be able to upgrade to Windows 10.

But people can just pirate Windows 10 anyway...

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Yes. I bought mine a couple weeks ago, did a fresh install of Windows 8.1, and every went perfectly.

Go to this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

I bought mine from this guy, who is also a moderator: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/3cqpag/h_windows_7_8_81_servers_office_visio_project/

This is too good to be true, I'm sure there's a catch somewhere that we don't know yet. I bet you anything these keys will falter at some point.

I really want to know.....what gives?

But people can just pirate Windows 10 anyway...

that may be but I always get the impression that these so called pirated versions have all kinds of hidden malware that tracks everything you do. I rather pay a little and be on the safe side than sorry and when I say little I mean buying those reddit keys.

This is too good to be true, I'm sure there's a catch somewhere that we don't know yet. I bet you anything these keys will falter at some point.

I really want to know.....what gives?

There's nothing wrong with the keys... Or at least nothing's wrong with mine. Windows 8.1 activated perfectly fine... And there's no time restriction or anything... Everything's working.

COMIC SANS

There's nothing wrong with the keys... Or at least nothing's wrong with mine. Windows 8.1 activated perfectly fine... And there's no time restriction or anything... Everything's working.

Even if that's the case, and your key remains good forever (Which you can't possibly know unless it then suddenly won't activate if you ever need to reinstall), then it seriously begs the question: Where does he get such large volumes of "seemingly legit" keys, for so cheap that he could sell them for $10-$25 a pop and still make a profit - or heck, even break even?

Even if that's the case, and your key remains good forever (Which you can't possibly know unless it then suddenly won't activate if you ever need to reinstall), then it seriously begs the question: Where does he get such large volumes of "seemingly legit" keys, for so cheap that he could sell them for $10-$25 a pop and still make a profit - or heck, even break even?

It's not just the guy I bought them from though; it's everybody in that subreddit. the prices are all the same, and I'm not complaining. I read somewhere that the keys are bought in bulk to reduce the price, but I'm not sure where they're buying them from...

COMIC SANS

It's not just the guy I bought them from though; it's everybody in that subreddit. the prices are all the same, and I'm not complaining. I read somewhere that the keys are bought in bulk to reduce the price, but I'm not sure where they're buying them from...

My guess is that they are buying them bulk in 2nd/3rd world low-price regions, if that is the case.

The reason they are priced that low in those territories is because the local economy and wages are so low that they cannot afford to pay the prices we can. But conversely, their cost of living is much lower than ours too. These regions also tend to be highly susceptible to piracy, which is why the prices are so aggressive. If they cannot afford it due to the fact that Windows 7 is the same cost as their monthly rent, they'll just pirate it. Microsoft (and others) most likely lose money selling to these regions, but do so because any income is better than piracy.

The same way that certain countries get ridiculously low prices on Steam, and Steam (rightfully so) blocks users from, eg, USA, from buying a key from said low-price region.

In this case, however, these sellers are most likely circumventing these price tiers. The same thing happened all the time with Steam Keys, but Steam has recently put measures into place to prevent it.