Worth to sell 4690k for G3528?

Guest Console Peasant
Go to solution Solved by Guest Console Peasant,

Then save your money, downgrading to an i3 or lower will have you bottlenecking a GTX 970 and not maxing out games.

Alright, well I think you and many other people have answered my question.

Thanks

not a troll just sometimes i think i went overkill, and it doesnt feel good spending 300 on it

Straight up, just stick with your 270X for now and get a GTX 970 later on (without selling your 4690K). Though the 280X is no slouch and is quite good for 1080p, and so is the GTX 960 (though you'd be better off with the 4GB version).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

never. OC 4690k will ALWAYS beat a OC G3258

i know but i want money

Straight up, just stick with your 270X for now and get a GTX 970 later on (without selling your 4690K). Though the 280X is no slouch and is quite good for 1080p, and so is the GTX 960 (though you'd be better off with the 4GB version).

Nah, im going more high end this time, I wanna max out games

Nah, im going more high end this time, I wanna max out games

Then save your money, downgrading to an i3 or lower will have you bottlenecking a GTX 970 and not maxing out games.

PMSL

Thanks

Thanks

NP. I know that not being able to max out a game can be frustrating-but after going from a GTX 650ti 2GB and keeping my i5 4440 and upgrading to the GTX 970 when it was released the wait was worth it. I can max any game out at 1080p (and PhysX based games I can nearly max out at 2K DSR due to my GTX 650ti being excellent for PhysX even on PCIe Gen 2.0 X2 (the curse of buying the Asus H87M-Pro, though at least I can overclock unlocked CPU on it to 4.5GHz+)).

PMSL

If I use the hyper it would ruin my beautiful color scheme,

It is a rip off though :[

Is it that bad? :P. I went from a custom loop back to my enermax black cluster and love it :P. I guess the silver may not fit most builds. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Is it that bad? :P. I went from a custom loop back to my enermax black cluster and love it :P. I guess the silver may not fit most builds. 

its that bad for me

NP. I know that not being able to max out a game can be frustrating-but after going from a GTX 650ti 2GB and keeping my i5 4440 and upgrading to the GTX 970 when it was released the wait was worth it. I can max any game out at 1080p (and PhysX based games I can nearly max out at 2K DSR due to my GTX 650ti being excellent for PhysX even on PCIe Gen 2.0 X2 (the curse of buying the Asus H87M-Pro, though at least I can overclock unlocked CPU on it to 4.5GHz+)).

cant wait to pick it up, next year ._.

Why would sell your CPU for a GPU? Seems like it would defeat the purpose to me. Just swapping the system bottle neck IMO.