Worth to sell 4690k for G3528?

Guest Console Peasant
Go to solution Solved by Guest Console Peasant,

Then save your money, downgrading to an i3 or lower will have you bottlenecking a GTX 970 and not maxing out games.

Alright, well I think you and many other people have answered my question.

Thanks

So I want to get a better GPU but I have like $0 so I was thinking to help my funds I could sell my 4690k for a G3528 and OC the hell out of it

I'll be running on the H105, what type of OC can I get on that on the G3528?

I am a recorder and streamer but I feel like i'm not using my CPU as much as I should.

Maybe a cheaper quad core will do.. reccomendations?

The gpu is the 970 

What games do you play?

But it probably still not be worth it. Quad Cores are ideal for gaming.

You could just save for a while, or get a cheaper i5, that can't overclock.

Edited by Stijncat

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Nope.

Even overclocked to hell a G3258 wouldn't match the performance of your 4690k.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

No.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

For recording and game streaming dont get the pentium you will struggle. The minimum you should get for recording is the FX 6300

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

What games do you play?

But it probably still not be worth it. Quad Cores are ideal for gaming.

You could just save for a while, or get a cheaper i5, that can't overclock.

im mainly concerned about Borderlands 2 as its actually cpu intensive, but mostly cod, minecraft, and chess so lol..

BL2 is basically not playable if iget it

For recording and game streaming dont get the pentium you will struggle. The minimum you should get for recording is the FX 6300

The 4690k is only 4 cores

Quad Core + Overclock > Dual Core + Overclock

Streamer and recorder? Nope for Pentium.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The 4690k should be fine for recording. I have no idea how it would do in more demanding games but i record on an 8320 and that is plenty for MC and Portal 2

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Not in any way shape or form. You will bottlneck at every other thing, web browsing, multitasking, literally everything but purely gaming. And even in purely gaming some games are still going to run far, far better on the 4690K. Do Not Sell it For a Better GPU, just save some cash and get a better gpu a few months from now.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

So I want to get a better GPU but I have like $0 so I was thinking to help my funds I could sell my 4690k for a G3528 and OC the hell out of it

I'll be running on the H105, what type of OC can I get on that on the G3528?

I am a recorder and streamer but I feel like i'm not using my CPU as much as I should.

Maybe a cheaper quad core will do.. reccomendations?

The gpu is the 970 

Rather sell that cooler... Not worth it IMO, what gpu do you have right now? 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Nope.

Even overclocked to hell a G3258 wouldn't match the performance of your 4690k.

overclocked g3258 doesn't beat an i3, it barely matches it. In most games it doesn't.

4690K has double the performance of a fx 6300. it has 4 cores, but those cores are twice as powerful.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

im mainly concerned about Borderlands 2 as its actually cpu intensive, but mostly cod, minecraft, and chess so lol..

BL2 is basically not playable if iget it

Definitely not worth it.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Rather sell that cooler... Not worth it IMO, what gpu do you have right now? 

270x, why sell the cooler? I have a 212 evo aswell but i hate its look

Quad Core + Overclock > Dual Core + Overclock

well i knew that.. but..

nevermind

Yes, but 4 Haswell cores. Streaming is a multi-core process, but if the cores aren't good enough, it will require more cores to get the same amount of work done.

So, streaming on the FX6300 may allow you to use 4 cores for the application, it may only get the same amount of work done as 2 on the i5.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

270x, why sell the cooler? I have a 212 evo aswell but i hate its look

An H105 is insanely overkill for an i5/pentium. Its 100$ basicly wasted which you can use for a gpu. (unless you are oc'ing your i5/pentium to 4.8ghz+)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

An H105 is insanely overkill for an i5/pentium. Its 100$ basicly wasted which you can use for a gpu. (unless you are oc'ing your i5/pentium to 4.8ghz+)

If I use the hyper it would ruin my beautiful color scheme,

It is a rip off though :[

O_o if you sold your 4690K for like 200, then got a g3258 for about 50 you would be left with 150....which is about enough for a 2nd 270x, but personally i wouldn't really do it.

Plus the 4690K would stream a heapton better than G3258.

stick with your 270X for now or try save up some money, sell the 270x and see if you can grab a 380/280X

....unless troll thread

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

O_o if you sold your 4690K for like 200, then got a g3258 for about 50 you would be left with 150....which is about enough for a 2nd 270x, but personally i wouldn't really do it.

Plus the 4690K would stream a heapton better than G3258.

stick with your 270X for now or try save up some money, sell the 270x and see if you can grab a 380/280X

....unless troll thread

not a troll just sometimes i think i went overkill, and it doesnt feel good spending 300 on it

not a troll just sometimes i think i went overkill, and it doesnt feel good spending 300 on it

Considered doing a bit of video editing seeing as you are a recorder and streamer then? :D.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Considered doing a bit of video editing seeing as you are a recorder and streamer then? :D.

yes, i do. no after effects yet. still a sony vegas pleb