Niel deGrasse Tyson thread

So I came to a revelation today and made this to help spread it.

post-21345-0-30182900-1435998636.jpg

Processor-Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz , Motherboard- Gigabyte - X299 AORUS Gaming 7, RAM- G.Skill - TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-4000 Memory, GPU-Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme,  Case- Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Storage- Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, Toshiba 4TB (PH3400U) , PSU- SeaSonic 1200W Platinum, Cooling- NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2, Sound-Sennheiser - HD 598SE, SURE - SM7B, OS- Windows 10 Pro.

>inb4 religion/faith/atheism flamewar

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm just waiting for this thread to become like the Lionel Richie one

Stephen Hawking is better. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Agreed.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

>inb4 religion/faith/atheism flamewar

inb4 more dumb things said

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

inb4 more dumb things said

It's not dumb knowing this forum.

That said, it's also dumb knowing this forum. It's inevitable.

maybe smarter, better though... not so sure...  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

maybe smarter, better though... not so sure...  :lol:

British though. And we all know, that makes everything better. ;) 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

umm... no?  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

umm... no?  :lol:

tumblr_inline_mw9ituy31K1r0fo8a.jpg

not today, it doesn't.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

not today, it doesn't.

Everyday. :3

I very much enjoy watching and listening to stuff with Neil deGrasse Tyson. Especially the reboot of Cosmos. That series was phenomenal. 

I very much enjoy watching and listening to stuff with Neil deGrasse Tyson. Especially the reboot of Cosmos. That series was phenomenal. 

I completely agree

Processor-Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz , Motherboard- Gigabyte - X299 AORUS Gaming 7, RAM- G.Skill - TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-4000 Memory, GPU-Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme,  Case- Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Storage- Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, Toshiba 4TB (PH3400U) , PSU- SeaSonic 1200W Platinum, Cooling- NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2, Sound-Sennheiser - HD 598SE, SURE - SM7B, OS- Windows 10 Pro.

You misspelled his name ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

His fans are the most annoying people I've met. Almost as bad as the crazy fans of Jesus.

His fans are the most annoying people I've met. Almost as bad as the crazy fans of Jesus.

--szomeret, professional quote maker

>implying science is something other than the scientific process

>implying tyson does anything by the scientific method

>implying he does anything but propaganda

Yeah. Also Brian Cox.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Yup ... And I like mister ... ( He's japanese , I also always forget his name )

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

--szomeret, professional quote maker

>implying science is something other than the scientific process

>implying tyson does anything by the scientific method

>implying he does anything but propaganda

Science is not just the scientific methot -.- IDK where you got that from, but gut feeling is mostly what drives science.

He is actually a PhD holder in astrophysics, so im pretty sure he does stuff that needs to be done by the scientific method.

>implying science propaganda is bad? surely better than any other propaganda

Whatever you dont like about him, fine, but you cant deny that he is one of the rare scientists who actually know how to bring their line of work to the masses, meaning more interest, meaning more funding, meaning more science, meaning yaay

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Science is not just the scientific methot -.- IDK where you got that from, but gut feeling is mostly what drives science.

Then it's not science dumbass. If it can't be replicated, it isn't science. "Gut feeling" can be replicated, but no consistently. Science doesn't need propaganda because it either stands for itself or gets blown out. Propaganda only stands to politicize research and theory for no achievable gain. Education is useful, but what this fellow produces is bare minimum on the educational level and almost a sufi-esque mystical cult of science.

Honestly what the fuck do they teach kids in school these days.

Then it's not science dumbass. If it can't be replicated, it isn't science. "Gut feeling" can be replicated, but no consistently. Science doesn't need propaganda because it either stands for itself or gets blown out. Propaganda only stands to politicize research and theory for no achievable gain. Education is useful, but what this fellow produces is bare minimum on the educational level and almost a sufi-esque mystical cult of science.

Honestly what the fuck do they teach kids in school these days.

Honestly, being a scientist, my gut tells me this isnt even worth a debate, so ill just give you the biggest facepalm ever recorded in the internet history

facepalm.jpg

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

>20 years old

>still in school

>"being a scientist"

k.

The fact that science is a human-driven, human-invented process is hard to explain to K-8 science teachers and Dr. Tyson, who think that science is a new religion with new truths to be learned. They think it's their job to dispense these catechisms.