worth upgrading to 970 from 750ti?

wildgg

a friend of my has a i5 4670 with a 750ti

does the 750ti hold him back and will it be worth getting a gtx 970

he also streams and will upgrade later to an i7 when the budget allows it.

i just want your opinions

thx in advance

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Worth it fully

R9 390, 380, 970 are all upgrades

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

If hes playing games like, dota, lol, or csgo. Probably not, those games already run at a billion fps on a 750ti.

If hes playing games like the witcher, skyrim, dragon age or another AAA title, then yes, he will notice a night and day difference.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Recently upgraded a system to an Asus 970 strix, it's amazing!

The card is awesome! Definitely worth it! However, if you only do light gaming, than such an upgrade doesn't make much sense. Games like CS:GO, LoL, Dota etc. will run on a 750Ti fine under any resolution. :)

thank you guys for the fast replies! 970 it is then :D

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

If he's unsatisfied with the 750ti then it's worth upgrading, if he's happy with the 750ti its not worth upgrading.

there are people who can afford a 970 (like op's friend) AND satisfied with 750ti's? a 750ti is only like 15% improvement over a ps4 on average, and there are cases where it has worse performance due to optimisations

there are people who can afford a 970 (like op's friend) AND satisfied with 750ti's? a 750ti is only like 15% improvement over a ps4 on average, and there are cases where it has worse performance due to optimisations

I can afford 4 Titan Xs but I'm satisfied with a r7 265. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You obviously have no idea on how to manage money.

People think 350$ is a lot of money? Even as a 13 year old you can do that with like 4-5 months of newspaper rounds.

I'm 19 and already bought one Gigabyte 980TI G1, and the second is coming in a few months  :D

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You obviously have no idea on how to manage money.

why? cause I think a 750ti for $150-170 is ripoff? i'd gone for a cheaper i5 like the 4440/4460 and 960/280x or whatever equivalent gpu was available in the $170-200ish range at the time of purchase. maybe I should have phrased better what I meant.

I can afford 4 Titan Xs but I'm satisfied with a r7 265. 

that is not my point, the 265 has a friendlier price for the performance it gives, there's 20-30% price difference between a 750ti and the 960, maybe it's better in the us, but the 750ti is still not a good card for the price.

People think 350$ is a lot of money? Even as a 13 year old you can do that with like 4-5 months of newspaper rounds.

I'm 19 and already bought one Gigabyte 980TI G1, and the second is coming in a few months  :D

why? cause I think a 750ti for $150-170 is ripoff? i'd gone for a cheaper i5 like the 4440/4460 and 960/280x or whatever equivalent gpu was available in the $170-200ish range at the time of purchase. maybe I should have phrased better what I meant.

It's not that I think the 970 is a waste of money, but if your happy with what you have upgrading anything is a waste of money.

It's not that I think the 970 is a waste of money, but if your happy with what you have upgrading anything is a waste of money.

Well yeah, the 970 is a waste the money when you can get a R9 390 which performs 10% or more.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

That's not my point, the 390 is also a waste of money if what you currently have suits your needs.

What should we spend our money on then? 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What should we spend our money on then? 

1. Helping the poor

2. Investing

3. Save

And many many more...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1. Helping the poor

2. Investing

3. Save

And many many more...

There are no poor people in the Netherlands.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

There are no poor people in the Netherlands.

2. Investing

3. Save

And many many more...

2. Investing

3. Save

And many many more...

Save and invest to buy what? 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU