Imaginary Tech YouTuber "pecking order"

That Norwegian Guy

This could be a fun topic, and give an idea of how people prioritize the channels they watch around tech. Imagine every tech channel you're subscribbled to posted a video each at the same time. In what order do you watch them, if you were to watch the "best" first? (Imagine all the videos were on the same product just to avoid any "oh uh, depends on the topic" variables) - also if you're the type to save the best for last (lol) just list them in the opposite order...

Try to take into account production quality, video frequency, how interesting their choices of topics are, and their personality.

For me, this is how I 'rank' the tech YouTubers I know about:

---Top priority tier---

1. Linus (biased)

---Above average tier---

2. HardwareCanucks

3. OC3D TV (TTL)

4. SweClockers (if you understand the language)

---Average tier---

5. Guru3D

6.TekSyndicate

7. PcPer

---Below average---

8. Paul's Hardware

9. Digital Storm

---Skeptical----

10. TastyPC

11. KitGuru (only saved from the bottom tier due to choosing very interesting products for review)

---Unprofessional/ Clickbaity---

12. JayZ

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1. LTT

2. Austin Evans

3. Maaaaaybe JayzTwoCents, but often nah..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This could be a fun topic, and give an idea of how people prioritize the channels they watch around tech. Imagine every tech channel you're subscribbled to posted a video each at the same time. In what order do you watch them, if you were to watch the "best" first? (Imagine all the videos were on the same product just to avoid any "oh uh, depends on the topic" variables) - also if you're the type to save the best for last (lol) just list them in the opposite order...

Try to take into account production quality, video frequency, how interesting their choices of topics are, and their personality.

For me, this is how I 'rank' the tech YouTubers I know about:

---Below average---

8. Paul's Hardware

9. Digital Storm

---Skeptical----

10. TastyPC

why those three positions

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

1. Linus

2. Austin Evans

3. MKBHD

4. UnboxTherapy

5. OC3D

6. TechOfTomorrow

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

why those three positions

What do you mean? Paul's just rarely make a video about anything I care about. It's always graphics cards, and when you've seen one you've seen all of them. I subscribed when he did that Korean IPS monitor thing like 2 years ago, and he hasn't made an interesting video since, except for his Computex coverage. (Which was good)

Digital Storm sells the product they talk about, so almost into skeptical tier just there. But I find they do decent work still.

TastyPC is just the lowest video frequency. And I used to hate the extremely bright yellow lighting to all her videos.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I really like Jay why is it that some of you guys don't?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I really like Jay why is it that some of you guys don't?

The TotalBiscuit of Tech, salty, confrontational, clickbaity, firestarter. Everything he does is to increase his subscriber base, not to do a good job. That's what he comes across like.

What do you mean? Paul's just rarely make a video about anything I care about. It's always graphics cards, and when you've seen one you've seen all of them. I subscribed when he did that Korean IPS monitor thing like 2 years ago, and he hasn't made an interesting video since, except for his Computex coverage. (Which was good)

Digital Storm sells the product they talk about, so almost into skeptical tier just there. But I find they do decent work still.

TastyPC is just the lowest video frequency. And I used to hate the extremely bright yellow lighting to all her videos.

fair enough could work out the other rankings quite easily.(particularly jayz because opinions on him a divisive on here)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I would include MKBHD right up towards the top. He isn't computer hardware oriented, but then most tech companies see consumer electronics as far more valuable

as well.

The boys at techreport?

I would also find space for those that aren't really youtubers like johnnyguru. There's a reason people keep quoting him.

----MUST WATCH---

1. Linus

2. Jayz

----NEED INFO ON ITEM----

3. HardwareCannucks

4. Tek Syndicate

----IM BORED----

5. Austin Evans

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

The TotalBiscuit of Tech, salty, confrontational, clickbaity, firestarter. Everything he does is to increase his subscriber base, not to do a good job. That's what he comes across like.

When you say salty and confrontational, the correct word you should use is critical. Being critical is not wrong, on the contrary it allows the viewers to see exactly what's wrong with the product so they don't get shocked after the purchase. Clickbaity? What?

Anyway I believe you're just riding that hate train against Jay someone started a while ago.

And TotalBiscuit? u wot?

1. Linus

2. JayzTwoCents

3. Awesomesauce Network

4. Barnacules Nerdgasm

5. Hardware Canucks

It isn't really in order, I like them all, but it's hard to put them in order. :(

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I'd make the argument that TekSyn should be on the bottom.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Priority #1 : LTT Videos

When I'm bored and no one else is uploading videos #2 - NCIXcom

I don't watch any other tech channels. Unless you count Barnacules.

If some new thing come out, I can generally count on Linus to talk about it and if not, I usually see it on Slashdot or some other tech news site. I really don't need or want, to watch a video that essentially talks about the same product I've seen in another video.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'm only subbed to Linus and Tek Syndicate. There is no pecking order, I watch them equally.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

When you say salty and confrontational, the correct word you should use is critical.

No, bilious nitpicking and making mountains from molehills is not being critical. As someone who is a journalist, I know the difference.

I guess if you're used to sensationalist reporting like for example in the US, you are less sensitive to this kind of integrity.

I will admit to having tastyPC on my youtube subscription but I justify it by saying I'm male, and Lauren is very tasty. Honestly it's like candyfloss, tasty, not filling, and I don't really trust her, I seen too many times in video her stating a fact that I know is completely wrong.

Each Techtuber has their own style and focus area. "Best" is all subjective based on your own preferences in style and content.  

That being said, I believe that Linus does his best to spread out his content over a larger spectrum of products and he touches on stuff that most other channels simply don't have the resources to do so.  Certainly he has the largest team.

Sad to see NCIX only get love from @TetraSky

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

No, bilious nitpicking and making mountains from molehills is not being critical. As someone who is a journalist, I know the difference.

I guess if you're used to sensationalist reporting like for example in the US, you are less sensitive to this kind of integrity.

I don't think I've seen Jay or even TotalBiscuit particularly exaggerate a specific disadvantage in a product. They only state it out, it would be dishonest not to, and defeat the whole purpose of being a critic/reviewer, and you would simply come across as biased if you hide these flaws from your viewers.

Still think you're riding that "hate Jay" train tho.

I don't think I've seen Jay or even TotalBiscuit particularly exaggerate a specific disadvantage in a product. They only state it out, it would be dishonest not to, and defeat the whole purpose of being a critic/reviewer, and you would simply come across as biased if you hide these flaws from your viewers.

Still think you're riding that "hate Jay" train tho.

They both have at times, but both of them are very careful to state it as their opinion, and not as irrefutable fact. TB makes use of IMHO at least once in most videos. He's a critict, it's his job to offer opinion. Jay however is a reviewer, they look the same on paper, but Jay needs testing to back up his opinion before he states it, and he's pretty good at doing it. He has to pander to his sponsers, but he's pretty good about acquiring them from products he's happy to use personally, and when he states something as his preference it's usually got as much to do with him liking the product as the fact he got a few dozen engineering samples for free.

By the way if you ever want to see shitcanning in reporting, take a look at linus' video on low end graphics cards.

The following is all for me. If you disagree, then that's fine. Go be happy with your own list.

1. Tek Syndicate

2. LinusTechTips

3. HardwareCanucks

4. OC3D

5. PcPer

the only reason that Tek Syndicate is on the top is because I like their unprofessionalism and bearing towards more non-consumer fields. And because of Wendell. For any other intent or purpose other than that, LTT is king.

1. Linus

2. NCIXcom

3. MKBHD

4. Barnacules

5. TekSyndicate

6. Pauls Hardware-For Awesome hardware <-His and kyles Live stream

7. Awesome Sauce Network-For Awesome hardware p.2

8.JokerSlunt - Because the personality

9. PcPer 

10. ShadowPanda

https://www.youtube.com/user/shadowpandapc/featured

@ShadowCaptain

Thankyou :) that means a lot

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

.  Certainly he has the largest team.

PCper?

You are correct if you count their written team, but their YouTube team is essentially Ryan and Alyn with the exception of their podcast.  It's hard to really compare the two teams as the others on PcPer are just part time.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts.