X99 Mobo Guidance - ASUS Rampage V Extreme, Deluxe or Pro?

Hory shit, did I miss it by that much? lol wow!

NF-F12 seems good to buy right? Only one come in a box, I'll need to buy 2 I assume and they'll be good wiht stock fans for push and pull config with Noctua pushing from inside the case and stock ones pulling it from the outside.

yeah, easy enough. the h100i even comes with two integral fan headers, and 2 splitters.

I'm happy with my noctua's, on the other hand they will never win any price to performance awards. While I find them to be very good, they are also very expensive.

yeah, easy enough. the h100i even comes with two integral fan headers, and 2 splitters.

I'm happy with my noctua's, on the other hand they will never win any price to performance awards. While I find them to be very good, they are also very expensive.

Don't mind the price on them that much atm when everything else is almost top of the line in my build now.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

Don't mind the price on them that much atm when everything else is almost top of the line in my build now.

I would suggest then that it's time to delve into the spec sheets, while testing methodology on the noise rating varies between the manufacturers, static pressure is easily measurable. I know noctua lists theirs on the product page. Something to watch out for with noctua industrials is that there are two versions, an IP67, and what I suspect is listed on the product page you quoted is the IP52 I'd have to check, but the IP52 is the 3000rpm version. I'd suspect the IP67 is still going to be working perfectly a decade from now.

I would suggest then that it's time to delve into the spec sheets, while testing methodology on the noise rating varies between the manufacturers, static pressure is easily measurable. I know noctua lists theirs on the product page. Something to watch out for with noctua industrials is that there are two versions, an IP67, and what I suspect is listed on the product page you quoted is the IP52 I'd have to check, but the IP52 is the 3000rpm version. I'd suspect the IP67 is still going to be working perfectly a decade from now.

Very true as I got quite confused with the different variants of the fans my self lol. Still not sure what I'm buying to be totally honest with you but sounds like a good deal [emoji23]

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64

Very true as I got quite confused with the different variants of the fans my self lol. Still not sure what I'm buying to be totally honest with you but sounds like a good deal [emoji23]

The IP stands for ingress protection. The first number for physical matter, the second for fluid. IP52 is pretty resistant to dust, and will keep working even if you splash it with water.

The IP stands for ingress protection. The first number for physical matter, the second for fluid. IP52 is pretty resistant to dust, and will keep working even if you splash it with water.

So I'm actually getting a better variant if I get the ones from that Amazon link as opposed to the IP67, right?

Well that sounds good I guess lol.

P.S. I just noticed your location is Australia so you must be proud of Noctua - made in Australia :P

So I'm actually getting a better variant if I get the ones from that Amazon link as opposed to the IP67, right?

Well that sounds good I guess lol.

P.S. I just noticed your location is Australia so you must be proud of Noctua - made in Australia :P

Noctua-Made in Austria....Just one letter, but on the other side of the world.

As to the different variants, I use mine in what is effectively halfway between workstation, and a server. I put more value on the fact that the IP67's are less likely to fail. (If nothing can get at the bearing/motor, what is going to die?) The IP52's are more pitched at the prosumer. If I was right about the difference in RPM, they'd be more effective at the high end.

Noctua-Made in Austria....Just one letter, but on the other side of the world.

As to the different variants, I use mine in what is effectively halfway between workstation, and a server. I put more value on the fact that the IP67's are less likely to fail. (If nothing can get at the bearing/motor, what is going to die?) The IP52's are more pitched at the prosumer. If I was right about the difference in RPM, they'd be more effective at the high end.

Yes, both of the cards I quoted were 3000 RPM models so I guess the 120mm model will be the IP52.

However the problem here is .. I don't have that much time but until next Friday to get all my things before the flight from Canada to Pakistan that is going to be bringing all my stuff such as K95 keyboard, Freedom Arm Mounts and all that other good stuff as well.

So I guess ... in a way even if IP67  are going to be better for me for whatever reason, I can't really have them since the only ones available at such short period of time with delivery and all in Canada are from this Amazon listing and that should have to do it for me I guess.

Yes, both of the cards I quoted were 3000 RPM models so I guess the 120mm model will be the IP52.

However the problem here is .. I don't have that much time but until next Friday to get all my things before the flight from Canada to Pakistan that is going to be bringing all my stuff such as K95 keyboard, Freedom Arm Mounts and all that other good stuff as well.

So I guess ... in a way even if IP67  are going to be better for me for whatever reason, I can't really have them since the only ones available at such short period of time with delivery and all in Canada are from this Amazon listing and that should have to do it for me I guess.

This is the LTT forum, try NCIX.....

This is the LTT forum, try NCIX.....

I guess I could try NCIX but I don't think I can find a better deal than that with Amazon Prime etc in such a given time as I've already checked all the major and small stores in Canada for online and in-store stuff.

NCIX got some but they're only $5 less and 2000 RPM variants so I found this to be a better deal really.

I guess I could try NCIX but I don't think I can find a better deal than that with Amazon Prime etc in such a given time as I've already checked all the major and small stores in Canada for online and in-store stuff.

NCIX got some but they're only $5 less and 2000 RPM variants so I found this to be a better deal really.

Cool, as long as you're happy with them.

GO with a Sabertooth! Mines been up and running for exactly a month. STILL STRONG!

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

Cool, as long as you're happy with them.

I'm sure I will be ;) 

GO with a Sabertooth! Mines been up and running for exactly a month. STILL STRONG!

I liked it at first and then saw the supported memory list and I was like .... nahhh.

Plus now that I've made up my mind with Rampage V Extreme, I don't think anything is going to be bringing me down lol. All in all, your inputs are much appreciated.

P.S. Daaaaaaamn, you're running 5960X on Sabertooth? Talk about keeping it real! Glad to know you were able to manage it just fine with that amazing CPU with Sabertooth, that's very ... neat and I see you have your memory OC'd to 2400MHz as well, very nice.

I liked it at first and then saw the supported memory list and I was like .... nahhh.

Plus now that I've made up my mind with Rampage V Extreme, I don't think anything is going to be bringing me down lol. All in all, your inputs are much appreciated.

P.S. Daaaaaaamn, you're running 5960X on Sabertooth? Talk about keeping it real! Glad to know you were able to manage it just fine with that amazing CPU with Sabertooth, that's very ... neat and I see you have your memory OC'd to 2400MHz as well, very nice.

5960X and Sabertooth are well, stable I'd say. I mean I've managed to OC my CPU to 4.6 Ghz at 1.35 Volts on the CPU and the default 1.8 Volt input. Adding onto that, the Sabertooth has never crashed on me once yet, an improvement over my old Z68 Chipset motherboard! 

PS The rampage is an extremely good board with a metric tonne of features, so enjoy your new board I guess ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

5960X and Sabertooth are well, stable I'd say. I mean I've managed to OC my CPU to 4.6 Ghz at 1.35 Volts on the CPU and the default 1.8 Volt input. Adding onto that, the Sabertooth has never crashed on me once yet, an improvement over my old Z68 Chipset motherboard! 

PS The rampage is an extremely good board with a metric tonne of features, so enjoy your new board I guess ;)

That's great .. my first go to was about to be either that or PRO but in a matter of last few days, I've came up and finally finding a total package deal with Rampage to be worth it for me not just for it's looks but many other factors such as fast BIOS updates, water blocks available like from EK which can make it such a balling motherboard and last but not least, it's integrated sound which is just a plus for me for my surround sound system connected to my PC.

... but it's really nice to see Sabertooth holding it that well with that processor, I'm rather impressed really and can't wait to OC my 5820k when I get my hands on it in 2 weeks and I might even tinker with my current 4790k which I never OC'd yet not even it's boost clock lol.

I got lucky, and had mine start to lose stability at 4.9 @1.32. I pulled it back to a much more modest 4.5Ghz, and just leave it at that when I've got it on OC.

I got lucky, and had mine start to lose stability at 4.9 @1.32. I pulled it back to a much more modest 4.5Ghz, and just leave it at that when I've got it on OC.

Once my motherboard is purchased next week after my current items are sold (current interested buyer texted me earlier this morning stating his car got stolen so he can't finalize the deal so looking for others but it shouldn't be that hard) I will be doing extensive research on overclocking to make sure when I OC my 5820k it's all done in safe limits without any mishaps as I don't want to deal with RMA/Warranties and stay without PC for week(s) but that's not an issue as LTT's response has been amazing to me so far with both of my threads to pick out CPU and Mobo.

Had a look at those deltas, and I've got to say they're impressive. Not just for the static pressure (about 4x the noctuas) but for the problems as well. 62Dba....2.45Amps to run one......and the fact they're spinning at 5200rpm. And apparently doesn't like being undervolted.

Had a look at those deltas, and I've got to say they're impressive. Not just for the static pressure (about 4x the noctuas) but for the problems as well. 62Dba....2.45Amps to run one......and the fact they're spinning at 5200rpm.

The 5200 RPM part also got me when I looked them up at Newegg but then thinking about how freaking loud they can get ... I just didn't think about them again but I guess if I can get a good deal on those (provided they're quieter than Noctuas with 600-1000 RPM or so even on par with them) will be a good deal I guess.

The 5200 RPM part also got me when I looked them up at Newegg but then thinking about how freaking loud they can get ... I just didn't think about them again but I guess if I can get a good deal on those (provided they're quieter than Noctuas with 600-1000 RPM or so even on par with them) will be a good deal I guess.

60Dba is the sort of noise levels you'd find in a busy call centre.....

60Dba is the sort of noise levels you'd find in a busy call centre.....

Lol. So not going for that at all. [emoji23]

Had a look at those deltas, and I've got to say they're impressive. Not just for the static pressure (about 4x the noctuas) but for the problems as well. 62Dba....2.45Amps to run one......and the fact they're spinning at 5200rpm. And apparently doesn't like being undervolted.

Like I said. Delta is a real server-grade brand; you'll find them used in real servers. But you can't have both quietness and performance. Noctua sure are quiet but that's because they move very little air. IMO Noctua spent a good bit of money on getting Linus to advertise them as "performance" hence why people think they're good. When they are really just regular down clocked fans; they even come with an extra low-noise adapter that's nothing more than a resistor that further down clocks them. 

just because you are building a top of the line build doesn't mean you should overpay for parts. 

Like I said. Delta is a real server-grade brand; you'll find them used in real servers. But you can't have both quietness and performance. Noctua sure are quiet but that's because they move very little air. IMO Noctua spent a good bit of money on getting Linus to advertise them as "performance" hence why people think they're good. When they are really just regular down clocked fans; they even come with an extra low-noise adapter that's nothing more than a resistor that further down clocks them. 

just because you are building a top of the line build doesn't mean you should overpay for parts. 

That's true but what I failed to mention in that line was that my options are pretty limited with time frame to only get things by next week and all.

But then again .... I didn't even bother looking up if they were in-stock anywhere in Canada lol.

THe standard sp120L fans from corsair are utterly garbage.