The Unofficial "Fund the Fireman's Pole" Thread!

AntVenom

No. Just. No.

It's just a suggestion  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

It seriously annoys me how many of you are actually thinking this is a good idea. A joke? Alright. It wasn't funny, but alright. This? All of these threads? It's taking it too far. 

A Firepole is NOT safe.It doesn't make sense, it's dangerous, they can actually be pretty expensive, and it would go against their image. The image I am referring to, by the way, is their professional one. You know, the side of them moving into an office that they're building. It's dangerous to go down a pole on a 20ft+ drop. Do you realize how bad you could be hurt, falling to concrete on a 20ft drop? You land wrong, and you could be paralyzed, or even die. This is not some sensationalist drama, either. It's reality. If anything were to be done that is this ridiculous, it should be a slide. Even then, I wouldn't like it, but at least it makes a "bit" more sense. 

Please drop it, guys. Even if Linus comes in here and says it's done, it will go down as a stupid idea. 

It's just as safe as a set of stairs.

With your logic, there should be no stairs either, because someone might trip on them.

And what professional image? He wears socks and sandals, and fires his employees as a joke. Linustechtips has no professional image.

And again, you can land wrong and get paralyzed off the stairs

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

With your logic, there should be no stairs either, because someone might trip on them.

And what professional image? He wears socks and sandals, and fires his employees as a joke. Linustechtips has no professional image.

I know someone that tripped on his own legs (true story) and broke both his arms when he fell.

OUTLAW LEGS!

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

why the hell not the metal works place they did scrapyard wars.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Dont forget channel super fun!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

When the server room ignites, there'll be no faster way to reach it than with a fireman pole!

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Can't they just get a PVC pipe with some mattresses at the bottom. Or even all the spare Styrofoam from the case unboixings

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

o hey aren't you a meinkreft youtuber.

let's just go to his office and boycott until he gets a firepole

Lol, I didn't notice his username until I read this post xD

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Where is the "fund the INSANE insurance cost of this fireman pole" post?

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

If LTT keeps putting it's hands out for things I might have to stop watching the videos. It's like every week there is a new money grab. 

It seriously annoys me how many of you are actually thinking this is a good idea. A joke? Alright. It wasn't funny, but alright. This? All of these threads? It's taking it too far. 

A Firepole is NOT safe.It doesn't make sense, it's dangerous, they can actually be pretty expensive, and it would go against their image. The image I am referring to, by the way, is their professional one. You know, the side of them moving into an office that they're building. It's dangerous to go down a pole on a 20ft+ drop. Do you realize how bad you could be hurt, falling to concrete on a 20ft drop? You land wrong, and you could be paralyzed, or even die. This is not some sensationalist drama, either. It's reality. If anything were to be done that is this ridiculous, it should be a slide. Even then, I wouldn't like it, but at least it makes a "bit" more sense. 

Please drop it, guys. Even if Linus comes in here and says it's done, it will go down as a stupid idea. 

gym mattress, fixed.

Can't they just get a PVC pipe with some mattresses at the bottom. Or even all the spare Styrofoam from the case unboixings

I have an office funder badge, which should count as well

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

In December 2003, a young boy fell through the hole at Station 10, fracturing his skull and several facial bones when he hit the ground. The boy survived but suffered a traumatic brain injury. The city later settled with the family for $1.25 million.

Also in December 2003, firefighter Mark Jones fell through a hole at Station 33 and was so severely injured, he has been unable to return to work as a firefighter. He has filed a $5 million lawsuit accusing the city of negligence for not properly safeguarding the alcove leading to the pole.

New goal $13.25 Million

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz

In December 2003, a young boy fell through the hole at Station 10, fracturing his skull and several facial bones when he hit the ground. The boy survived but suffered a traumatic brain injury. The city later settled with the family for $1.25 million.

Also in December 2003, firefighter Mark Jones fell through a hole at Station 33 and was so severely injured, he has been unable to return to work as a firefighter. He has filed a $5 million lawsuit accusing the city of negligence for not properly safeguarding the alcove leading to the pole.

New goal $13.25 Million

But, they didn't die. I wouldn't mind Linus with no arm and a mission g leg. Lol, only joking

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

In December 2003, a young boy fell through the hole at Station 10, fracturing his skull and several facial bones when he hit the ground. The boy survived but suffered a traumatic brain injury. The city later settled with the family for $1.25 million.

Also in December 2003, firefighter Mark Jones fell through a hole at Station 33 and was so severely injured, he has been unable to return to work as a firefighter. He has filed a $5 million lawsuit accusing the city of negligence for not properly safeguarding the alcove leading to the pole.

New goal $13.25 Million

we will buy matrasses for linus then, so he falls, he will land soft :D

For some reason my phone won't let me post below the quote so I'll just do it here, "I used to have two legs, then I took a firepole to the knee".

But, they didn't die. I wouldn't mind Linus with no arm and a mission g leg. Lol, only joking

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I`m in with 5$.

Edit: where can I buy a contributor tier?

Edit 2: I won't do it, because he said that they wouldn't get one on the wan show.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB