The Unofficial "Fund the Fireman's Pole" Thread!

AntVenom

Have you watched the new one on vessel? I think it's too far developed for a firepole now.

Also, wow, didnt notice the name at first... That's cool

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Have you watched the new one on vessel? I think it's too far developed for a firepole now.

not cool bro

This got fucking serious.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Have you watched the new one on vessel? I think it's too far developed for a firepole now.

Also, wow, didnt notice the name at first... That's cool

It's never too late.  B)

And if a fireman pole is too expensive get a stripping pole ;) ^^

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

And if a fireman pole is too expensive get a stripping pole ;) ^^

I think the stripping pole would have some hidden expenses...

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

you mean revenue

They may need a streaming site other than twitch for the additional revenue ;)

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

What they should do is just get a thick rope and hang it from the ceiling (assuming the ceiling is sturdy enough for the weight of a large human).  Much cheaper than trying to mount something into the ground.

Wonder if there's nylon or some type of coated rope that can be slid down without gloves and without getting rope burns.

Then we can also watch linus struggle to climb said rope.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

It seriously annoys me how many of you are actually thinking this is a good idea. A joke? Alright. It wasn't funny, but alright. This? All of these threads? It's taking it too far. 

A Firepole is NOT safe.It doesn't make sense, it's dangerous, they can actually be pretty expensive, and it would go against their image. The image I am referring to, by the way, is their professional one. You know, the side of them moving into an office that they're building. It's dangerous to go down a pole on a 20ft+ drop. Do you realize how bad you could be hurt, falling to concrete on a 20ft drop? You land wrong, and you could be paralyzed, or even die. This is not some sensationalist drama, either. It's reality. If anything were to be done that is this ridiculous, it should be a slide. Even then, I wouldn't like it, but at least it makes a "bit" more sense. 

Please drop it, guys. Even if Linus comes in here and says it's done, it will go down as a stupid idea. 

It seriously annoys me how many of you are actually thinking this is a good idea. A joke? Alright. It wasn't funny, but alright. This? All of these threads? It's taking it too far. 

A Firepole is NOT safe.It doesn't make sense, it's dangerous, they can actually be pretty expensive, and it would go against their image. The image I am referring to, by the way, is their professional one. You know, the side of them moving into an office that they're building. It's dangerous to go down a pole on a 20ft+ drop. Do you realize how bad you could be hurt, falling to concrete on a 20ft drop? You land wrong, and you could be paralyzed, or even die. This is not some sensationalist drama, either. It's reality. If anything were to be done that is this ridiculous, it should be a slide. Even then, I wouldn't like it, but at least it makes a "bit" more sense. 

Please drop it, guys. Even if Linus comes in here and says it's done, it will go down as a stupid idea. 

You shouldn't speak like you are the czar of good behavior for the forum, and try to convince us we are all wrong in this effort just because it annoys you. For starters, if I dug hard enough, I could probably find plenty of regulation problems with not having a 2nd way to get downstairs in the case of a REAL fire emergency.

First off, if one was built, it could very clearly be out of the way, and seen as a potential support structure for the office. In the event of a rare server fire that set the stairs ablaze, I think I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing I can take the fire-pole down, rather than having to "jump 20 feet and potentially paralyze or kill myself". I think going off the deep end and saying it would hurt their "professional" image is kind of overdoing it here.

And as far as the danger of using it for recreational use, to that I say, make em sign a waiver for permission to use it for recreational use. I bet at LEAST Luke would be all over that. If 90%+ of the community is behind the idea, I don't think someone who's mad about it is gonna stop them.

-SNIP-

Glorious.

You shouldn't speak like you are the czar of good behavior for the forum, and try to convince us we are all wrong in this effort just because it annoys you. For starters, if I dug hard enough, I could probably find plenty of regulation problems with not having a 2nd way to get downstairs in the case of a REAL fire emergency.

First off, if one was built, it could very clearly be out of the way, and seen as a potential support structure for the office. In the event of a rare server fire that set the stairs ablaze, I think I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing I can take the fire-pole down, rather than having to "jump 20 feet and potentially paralyze or kill myself". I think going off the deep end and saying it would hurt their "professional" image is kind of overdoing it here.

And as far as the danger of using it for recreational use, to that I say, make em sign a waiver for permission to use it for recreational use. I bet at LEAST Luke would be all over that. If 90%+ of the community is behind the idea, I don't think someone who's mad about it is gonna stop them.

Glorious.

I understand this is Canada, so I can't speak on the legality of it. That being said, fire poles are being removed left-and-right from Fire Stations in the United States, due to the amount of risk that propose. There are better ways to deal with the potential necessity to escape a fire than a pole, and you see them everywhere. Some examples off the top of my head would include motorized lifts, elevators, slides, and metal stairs. (The latter of which would be solely to prevent the burning of an escape route.) Fire poles are a thing of a time gone by, and are simply too dangerous-a thing to be used in a modern environment. The fact a joke would be taken so far is quite disappointing. I figured a community as mature as this could see past it.. eventually. 

Even something like an optional ladder would still be more safe, but that's already dangerous by itself. I know I'm not going to convince a community to drop this obsession using only my logic and words, nor will it ultimately affect the decision of Linus, or anybody at LMG. That being said, I feel like this is all a waste of time, and if it weren't for "firepole" threads clogging up the forum, I would ignore it entirely. 

People need to stop and consider whether or not something like this is truly logical.

SNIP

fun_police_the_good_times_stop_here_t_sh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Don't worry. The first time I said this was a bad idea, I marked my own post with a buzzkill disclaimer. 

Don't worry. The first time I said this was a bad idea, I marked my own post with a buzzkill disclaimer. 

and I recommender they get a zip line instead, even more fun!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

and I recommender they get a zip line instead, even more fun!!

Yes. And it could have a harness for much less danger. 

...I sound like an overly-protective mother. 

yeah you really do haha, the Rocket Jump guys have a zip line, no safety harness, just slide down and let go before you hit the wall at the end :D

yeah you really do haha, the Rocket Jump guys have a zip line, no safety harness, just slide down and let go before you hit the wall at the end :D

acme_industries_logo_by_bouncy_bunny-d74

I'm considering chipping in. Just need to get my paycheck.

~I was gonna buy more ram, but screw it. FIREMAN POLE!~

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Yes, you do, but I do agree there are alternatives, all that would require funding either way, so I think this thread is still relevant. Could maybe use a re-title. Don't know.

A zipline would be positively baller :P. I know freddiew's old crew had one, and they made this glorious piece of work. 

snip

No. Just. No.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220