So I won Beats in a raffle...

SpaceMonkey

Again this "get anything saying" is wrong And annoying because it's obvious you are not treating this as how are the beats mixrs but rather "beats as the brand they were in gen 1".

The beats mixrs are probobly better sound wise than the pro 80.

I can't say they do or don't but Beats is just a shitty company who pray on chumps and charges $$$ for junk. You say Gen 1 was shit....but yet I'm supposed to trust the company after the entire Gen 1 was 30x the cost of the headphones. Like $6 bucks to make...seriously. There is profit, then there is just stealing money. They used weights in the headphones just to make them feel as if they were built better. ROTFL.

As for the Takstar Pro and HSR 1000 just look up reviews. Some call them Giant killers. Look them up on Z reviews on youtube. A guy who has tried tons of headphones out there. I've had very $$$ headphones...not slite... but $250 ones and I sold them and prefer these...that to me says a lot.

They used weights in the headphones just to make them feel as if they were built better.

Some call them Giant killers.

They definitely did not put weights in them just to make them feel like they were built better. Not that I ever heard of. If you have any actual, concrete evidence of this, then I am all ears. 

As far as the giant killers statement, both the takstar and gemini are the same (as far as I can tell) as a hyperx cloud, minus the mic. For the ~$200 that you could get from the sale of the beats, there are definitely much better options for the price. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I'm pretty sure what they did was putting metal parts in the headphone the main dumb complaint on the Internet was that it's done to make the consumer feel they are more premium but not improving performance.

That is a dumb argument because metal parts in say joints make the headphone better built now whther beats are well built or not that is a different conversation but the fact they put metal parts in the headphones was a very good thing regardless of what they intended those metal parts to do.

I read it just supports what I said they ignore the fact that the hinge is the part most prone to break and making it from metal improves durability.

Also as they mentioned this is a discontinued product and as we know the solo 2 are a good pair of headphone build and sound wise and honestly they sold overpriced headphones they didn't traded children in the black market if thief newer products are good I don't care about their past headphones.

Honestly. The metal used CLEARLY improves the build quality. Maybe it does nothing for the sound, but it certainly helps the lifespan of the headphones. There is a reason that the new Sennheiser Momentum headphones have a similar hinge design and use metal. That particular style of hinge is very prone to breaking. Hell, you could easily argue that V-moda puts weight in their headphones, since their hinges are also metal, oh, and not to mention the face plates. Those don't contribute to sound, but they add weight. I mean, by that logic, Grado is the only company that you should ever buy headphones from, because they are incredibly light, and they don't really put stuff on the headphones that doesn't contribute to sound. That is (one of) the stupidest, and most sensational claims I've ever heard about headphones. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

A few days ago I won Beats MIXR in a raffle. I haven't opened them yet since I could sell it for more on Ebay/whatever unopened. My question is: Should I sell these and pick up something else? From the research I've done is seems the MIXR is better sounding than a lot of other Beats models, but people still don't recommend buying them. I've been looking at the Audio Technica m40x for a long time. I don't have a DAC, but I'm looking at the Schiit Fulla. Music taste is mostly rock and metal.

why don't u get a pair of iems I will recommend the gr07 from vsonic

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

Sell it and get the Nad Viso HP50 or maybe a Focal Spirit Classic or Pro (if your ears are small enough for the Classic or Pro)

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Honestly. The metal used CLEARLY improves the build quality. Maybe it does nothing for the sound, but it certainly helps the lifespan of the headphones. There is a reason that the new Sennheiser Momentum headphones have a similar hinge design and use metal. That particular style of hinge is very prone to breaking. Hell, you could easily argue that V-moda puts weight in their headphones, since their hinges are also metal, oh, and not to mention the face plates. Those don't contribute to sound, but they add weight. I mean, by that logic, Grado is the only company that you should ever buy headphones from, because they are incredibly light, and they don't really put stuff on the headphones that doesn't contribute to sound. That is (one of) the stupidest, and most sensational claims I've ever heard about headphones. 

The Momentum hinge is nothing like what is on Beats. Like the V-Moda hinge, it's highly engineered. The Beats hinge is metal to be sure, but it's poorly anchored and without the use of screws. Much weaker.

So it doesn't bother you they marked up that price as much as they did and still do. Ok..go buy some beats studio 2's and have fun.

What do I care if you like Beats or not. Just give Dre some more money he really needs it.

The Momentum hinge is nothing like what is on Beats. Like the V-Moda hinge, it's highly engineered. The Beats hinge is metal to be sure, but it's poorly anchored and without the use of screws. Much weaker.

They were the only headphones I could think of offhand that fold in that particular style (e.g. they fold inwards without any double hinges, or any tricks like that.) I would have assumed that Sennheiser made a much better version. 

So it doesn't bother you they marked up that price as much as they did and still do. Ok..go buy some beats studio 2's and have fun.

What do I care if you like Beats or not. Just give Dre some more money he really needs it.

Lol, I wasn't saying that I like beats... Not at all. I've never owned a pair myself. That being said, however, I'm not really willing to let a company be falsely accused. Yes, the metal is of a fairly poor quality, and it's true that it does not change the sound quality, but then, My Denon AH-D7000 has a Duralumin (whatever that is) frame that also doesn't do anything to sound quality. AND I paid roughly $700 for them. But you don't see me sitting around here complaining about it... It's an unfair claim that they added metal simply to make them a premium product. I could claim that since the Sennheiser 1.0 has almost no sub-bass, that they should have used lighter plastics on the frame and used the saved money on getting better drivers that can do sub bass. But wait, not everyone likes the way that certain headphones sound, do they? Some people do like the way beats sound. Don't hate on a company that has been improving, especially not if it's an incredibly successful company like beats. 

Also, I don't think Dre gets money any more (and if he does, it's very little) since apple bought them.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Apple bought Beats for 3 Billion...... Rotfl.

Now I see why they have improved.  Even still.... I boycott them...that's my choice.

Now I see why they have improved.  Even still.... I boycott them...that's my choice.

First off, he's referring to the royalty fees for the IP unless Apple has bought them as well. So, he's technically correct that Dre doesn't get money anymore after selling the IP.

Second, boycotting a company for poor usage of materials (such as those pieces of metal that allegedly do nothing), even by choice, is pointless.

I mean... look at this:

Whether or not its true or false that those pieces of metal actual do anything with structural integrity in any way, shape, or form, since those headphones have pretty much one main or sole purpose, to project/produce sound from a source, build quality should be the third thing that a consumer should be concerned about when buying headphones, behind comfort and audio quality.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

You can boycott them if you like, I have nothing against that. However, as stated above, I have something against someone accusing a company (or person for that matter) of doing something that they clearly have not done. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

You can boycott them if you like, I have nothing against that. However, as stated above, I have something against someone accusing a company (or person for that matter) of doing something that they clearly have not done. 

Hurrr durr I'm boycotting a brand, they shall be afraid of me

SellEmSellEmSellEmSellEmSellEmSellEmSellEmSellEmSellEmSellEm

SELL EM

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub