Will You Get A 1TB SSD?

If its going to be priced at $650 US will you get one?

I might but right now I'm saving money for a new GPU

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/samsung-840-evo-1tb-ssd-review/

PC Specs  Case: Corsair 760T  CPU: i7 4790k @4.0GHz And Cooled By The H100i  Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 KINGPIN 4GB  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB  SSD128 Boot Drive  HDD: 1TB WD 7200RPM  PSU:  750w Corsair RM  OS: Windows 8.1 (64bit)

If it was free I would

HAHA same here and I like that profile picture

PC Specs  Case: Corsair 760T  CPU: i7 4790k @4.0GHz And Cooled By The H100i  Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 KINGPIN 4GB  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB  SSD128 Boot Drive  HDD: 1TB WD 7200RPM  PSU:  750w Corsair RM  OS: Windows 8.1 (64bit)

It's still too pricey for my blood, unfortunately. If I had more disposable income, I'd do it at this point because I consider the price/storage ratio for these newer SSD's to be acceptable.

Personally, i wouldn't need THAT much super fast storage. A Hard drive though slow is fine for me. :P

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

If it was free I would

Who wouldn't, LOL

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

I'd consider buying it if it were 300USD. I don't really NEED a terabyte of SSD storage; the only reason I would wanted would be for load times in games. If it were only double the price of an HDD of the same capacity I would buy it. The way I see it for anything more than three hundred I could be buying an Nvidia Shield which I really want, and having all this SSD storage, while it would be nice, is not as nice as a Shield would be.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Would rather it be a full terabyte instead of losing 50-70 GB right out of the box and than another 20 for the OS and another 20 (or less?) for driver updates. Bleh.

No. Maybe in the next 10years, it would be cheap, I would use it on raid array. But I think in the next ten year, HDDs or the organic storage(read a research about that) will have a huge leap in terms of capacity thus greater gb per price ratio. Right now, I have 120GB sdd, consuming not even half of it.

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

I could build a decently powerful gaming rig with that kind of money..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Would rather it be a full terabyte instead of losing 50-70 GB right out of the box and than another 20 for the OS and another 20 (or less?) for driver updates. Bleh.

you aren't really losing it,it's just being counted differently.

We,because of windows,refer to Gibibytes,230, as Gigabytes.Manufacturers use Gigabytes in the 109 sense.so rather than it being 1024 Bytes in a KiloByte our HDD's/SSD's have 1000 Bytes in a KiloByte,but windows still counts the space in the 1024 Bytes sense.this means that you feel you are losing 24 Bytes per MegaByte,while you actually are expecting 24 Bytes too many.

so 1000B in a KB

1000KB in a MB

1000MB in a GB

1000GB in a TB

that means you end up having a 1TB drive with 1,000,000,000,000B or 931.3GB usable,rather than 1024GB usabe as windows would have you think you should have.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

There is absolutely no reason to get a 1TB SSD. A 512GB would be more than enough

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

its 550 euros and i once paid 320 euro for a 120GB, so yes i probably will buy it.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I'd get one only if it was down to $200 or less.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I'm going to upgrade all of mine eventually. Price doesn't matter. Probably won't be that expensive by the time I need them anyways.

If it was a bit cheaper or I had more money then yeah I would. I would also keep my Hard Drive in my machine though as secondary storage as I am near filling my 1.5TB of drives atm.

That's just way too pricey in my opinion. i prefer a ssd and a 1tb hdd

crucial also make a 1TB SSD but sadly it's the same price. so the EVO is the no brainer choice.

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

When it doesn't cost a fortune I will consider it.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

When it doesn't cost a fortune I will consider it.

I hope it goes down to 300 to 400 US in about 2 years of being out.

I haven't even gotten a 60 GB SSD yet cuz it is not worth it to me.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

When they get mainstream (and thereby, cheap) I'll for sure grab a couple of them.

Maximus V Gene | i5-2500k 4.8GHz | 16GiB | GTX470 SLi @ 800MHz| m4 128GB + 240GB 2.5" HDD | Arch Linux + Windows 8

800D + HX850v2 | EK Supreme-HF v2 | 2x EK FC-470GTX (serial) | Black Ice GTX 360 + 3x AP-15 | U2311h | 6Gv2 + G500 | T50-RP

Few years form now, it will be 200$, faster, and longer lasting so no.

Also, SSDs aren't reliable enough to store all my personal data. Carrying and maintaining potentially up to 1TB backup is not easy.

Right now, we still see more people with faulty SSD than HDD's under 3 month, and that's with 120-250GB SSDs. For 1TB SSD, it will take more time to deeply test it.

So, I say, in a few years, but not today.

Also, personal files don't really gain from an SSD performance. I mean it's nice to have, but it's not a must. Large personal projects yes, but do you have 1TB worth it, I don't think so. Nor have 1TB worth of programs. Games is nice, but the performance different from a fast HDD to an SSD isn't huge to a point that it's must (aka: games don't load super duper fast... still takes time, just a few seconds less over HDD).