What x99 motherboard should I get?

Every 4 or 5 years I end up building a system that I can use for a couple of years and i am about 2 years too late for that. The last time i did this ASrock didn't even exist as a name and now they seem to be one of the top brands. 

I have been looking at x99 MBs and not sure what to get. When i think i have made up my mind because of the features and value i find out there is something a little better...  and yes i do understand that is going to happen as this is the IT industry.

I was looking at:

MSI X99S Gaming 7 

ASUS X99 Rampage V Extreme 

Looking at a 2011-3 Socket and wanting to add M.2 Gen 3 /4 and ATX form factor ..

Price .. 600 or less 

go with the rampage (extreme motherboard)

Is there any others that you would recommend over these two? 

I will be myself going with the sabertooth x99 ,build of super quality and come with a 5 years warranty.

I would personally get the MSI SLI. It's one of the cheapest, and is an awesome motherboard.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I got the Asrock x99 with no problems. Make sure you get the 5820k if you're looking at hexacores! It's the same as the 5960x, but $200 less with less PCI lanes (doesn't matter unless you planned to quad-sli) Don't buy an Asus rampage or anything crazy. Don't buy a motherboard if it's $300 or more

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

As 600 get workstation class board, else get one of the 300 dollar solutions. 

I would 2nd getting an asrock mobo. 

I will be myself going with the sabertooth x99 ,build of super quality and come with a 5 years warranty.

Id go with a sabertooth.

I was considering the sabertooth but when i seen the test results on a few of the other benchmarks i thought i would go with one of them. 

I got the Asrock x99 with no problems. Make sure you get the 5820k if you're looking at hexacores! It's the same as the 5960x, but $200 less with less PCI lanes (doesn't matter unless you planned to quad-sli) Don't buy an Asus rampage or anything crazy. Don't buy a motherboard if it's $300 or more

you mean 5930k

• 2 weeks later...

I think

ASRock X99 Extreme6 - good

ASRock X99 OC Formula - better

EVGA X99 Classified Intel Socket LGA 2011-3 Motherboard - best

Color Grading & Editing Workflow
Intel Core i9 10850K 3.60GHz (5.20GHz Turbo), 10-Core 20-Thread / EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 24GB / ASUS ROG STRIX Z590 E Gaming (WIFI) / G.Skill TridentZ RGB 64GB DDR4 3600MHz (2x32GB) / 1TB Intel 670P M.2 NVMe SSD / 2TB Intel 670P M.2 NVMe SSD / EVGA CLC 240mm RGB AIO / EVGA Z15 RGB Gaming Keyboard / EVGA X17 Gaming Mouse / 850W 80 Plus Gold PSU / Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Casual Gaming
i7-4790K / EVGA Z97 Classified / Enermax LIQTECH 240 / 32GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz / EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYBRID / SanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB - OS / Kingston HyperX Savage 480GB - Games / WD Black 2TB - Backup / Seasonic SNOW SILENT 1050W / Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p 144Hz / Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX / Logiech G515 & G502 / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I think

ASRock X99 Extreme6 - good

ASRock X99 OC Formula - better

EVGA X99 Classified Intel Socket LGA 2011-3 Motherboard - best

I'm in the same boat as you at the moment.

I just don't have access to any of those models, so I settled on the Sabertooth, though I like the look of the MSI X99A Gaming 9 ACK.

This is the part of building a system that I hate, we know about the CPU, but not if the motherboard actually has all the bells and whistles you're after until you buy it..

The motherboard I'm after has to have TRUE PWM fan headers, and the only board that I know of that have that are the Asus boards.

If I were to have gone ahead with my X99 build I would've snagged a Fatality Killer-X from Asrock or the WS board from them.  If it was Asus?  Sabretooth.  I love what Asrock is doing lately.