Flight Simulator X graphics card?

I will be building a gaming PC specifically to play flight simulator X for a friend of mine. He will be playing on a single, 1080p monitor and will not be playing any other game. Also, he wants to play on max settings I am unsure on which graphics card to get for the build although I've heard many say that AMD cards aren't as good as Nvidia for Flight Simulator X.

Here are the current specs:

• Intel Core i7-4790k 4.0GHz
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 ATX
  • Corsair Vegeance 1gb RAM (2 x 8GB)
  • Kingston V300 240GB SSD
  • WD 1TB Hard Drive
  • Corsair CX 600w PSU
  • Zalman Z9 Case

Which graphics card would you recommend for this build to play Flight Simulator X on max settings? Also, are there any of those components you would change?

I will be building a gaming PC specifically to play flight simulator X for a friend of mine. He will be playing on a single, 1080p monitor and will not be playing any other game. Also, he wants to play on max settings I am unsure on which graphics card to get for the build although I've heard many say that AMD cards aren't as good as Nvidia for Flight Simulator X.

• WD 1TB Hard Drive
  • Corsair CX 600w PSU
  • Zalman Z9 Case

Which graphics card would you recommend for this build to play Flight Simulator X on max settings? Also, are there any of those components you would change?

Considering I used to play it on an Athlon X2 250 with no GPU, almost any should suffice. What's the budget?

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

Flight Simulator X is really not that demanding. The i7 is really not needed, i would get a i5 at most. And you wont need much of a graphics card to play it, either. Any GPU less than 5 years old with at least 1 GB VRAM should be able to max it.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Considering I used to play it on an Athlon X2 250 with no GPU, almost any should suffice. What's the budget?

There isn't really a particular budget as he is willing to spend whatever money needed for a graphics card to play the game on max settings.

maby just get a 750TI because its not a really damanding game?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You don't need 16GB of ram, don't get that SSD and that case, zalman cases are terrible.

FSX is vety CPU demanding but not very GPU demanding so something like 960 would be nice IMO.

Another Welsh Person, yay!

Any gpu should suffice, but I would not recommend anything less than 2-3GB since that is a fairly well speced system for other games.

Since they will be coming down in price, maybe something from the R9 280 to the R9 290 series. Then that will be able to play almost all games thrown at it.

Edit:

As others have said, FSX is more cpu intensive than graphical.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

1. dont get a v300 2. r9 280 is fine

Why shouldn't I ge the v300?

Kingston pulled a dick move on it, get a crucial or a samsug evo

So far, I've been recommended:

• AMD r9 280
  • Nvidia 750TI
  • Nvidia 970
  • Nvidia 770

I'm really not sure which one to get. Will all of these graphics cards play the game on max settings in conjunction with the other components?

It is one of the slowest SSD's you can get, The ydo not have a good value. Any SSD from a reputable brand is better.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

maby just get a 750TI because its not a really damanding game?

This

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

This

How does flight simulator play on this graphics card?

How does flight simulator play on this graphics card?

Not bad. I would say pretty decently. I think It would be a great card for FSX. Here's a video

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

• 4 weeks later...

Flight Simulator X is really not that demanding. The i7 is really not needed, i would get a i5 at most. And you wont need much of a graphics card to play it, either. Any GPU less than 5 years old with at least 1 GB VRAM should be able to max it.

That's not true at all. It was made in 2006 before all this high-end technology so the way they coded it was for old components. An i7 is for sure needed to run it max settings smoothly. People whole actually fly FSX always use add-ons that make the game super demanding. The sim is a resource hog especially on the CPU. How do I know all this? I've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulators since I was 5 and have been messing with and building computers since I was 11.

• WD 1TB Hard Drive
  • Corsair CX 600w PSU
  • Zalman Z9 Case

I would go with a EVGA GTX 960 4GB. That's the GPU I'm building my Flight Sim rig with. I would also go with a 650-750W PSU. A 4790K, 960, Z97, is going to be a little bit more demanding. Sure a 600W will work, but to be safe and able to overclock with ease a 750W PSU would be better. Don't listen to anyone saying FSX is not demanding. IT IS. Especially on the CPU you have made a good choice there. And yes, Intel and nvidia are the way to go when building a flight sim rig.