Fury X Question

Penny5837

that was because BF 4 used multithreaded operations a lot more than the other games isn't it ? but holy 90% ? 

Yes BF4 is pretty heavily threaded but the point was that the 8120 bottlenecked a 290 pretty heavily, so a 6350 would be a huge one for such a high end GPU.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Yes BF4 is pretty heavily threaded but the point was that the 8120 bottlenecked a 290 pretty heavily, so a 6350 would be a huge one for such a high end GPU.

Then i stand corrected. 

Edit: dont have much knowledge on AMD processors. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

add an 8350 to that list, fuck

Are you going with a FX processor? You shouldn't ya know. On a high end card like 980Ti/Fury X. 

The FX CPU will bottleneck you. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Okay, so I was thinking about buying a Fury X, but I only have a 500W psu, and PcPartPicker says it will take 513 max watts, do you think this will kill my psu, or will I be fine?

what resolutions are you planning to be gaming at, because the fury is probably going to cost you more money than you need to spend if you need to upgrade some parts. Also, your CPU shouldn't be much of a bottleneck at all.

add an 8350 to that list, fuck

a 4690k would perform much better, and if you live near a microcenter, is only $25 more.

Woo!

Just switch to Intel (i5 or i7) and get a gtx970...

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

a 4690k would perform much better, and if you live near a microcenter, is only $25 more.

what resolutions are you planning to be gaming at, because the fury is probably going to cost you more money than you need to spend if you need to upgrade some parts. Also, your CPU shouldn't be much of a bottleneck at all.

1080 144hz

what's your total budget ? maybe people can make a list for you. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

That's probably overkill. it's ultimately up to you, but you could save a lot of money if you got a cheaper gpu an kept the same CPU. What gpu do you currently have? And do you have a 144hz monitor?

That's probably overkill. it's ultimately up to you, but you could save a lot of money if you got a cheaper gpu an kept the same CPU. What gpu do you currently have? And do you have a 144hz monitor?

Yes i have a 144hz monitor and right now I have an R9 270x...

what's your total budget ? maybe people can make a list for you. 

I don't really have one, but the cheapest possible would be the best.

Yes i have a 144hz monitor and right now I have an R9 270x...

there is a point of diminishing return, where the price gets to be greater than the performance. A Fury X with several other upgrades would probably e passing that point. I would suggest maybe something more like a 980/970 and keeping all of the same parts. The CPU shouldn't be much of a "bottleneck" as they have little performance on gaming and the fx-6350 cab stand it's ground against better CPUs for gaming. That should be plenty of power, and it's good on tr budget

there is a point of diminishing return, where the price gets to be greater than the performance. A Fury X with several other upgrades would probably e passing that point. I would suggest maybe something more like a 980/970 and keeping all of the same parts. The CPU shouldn't be much of a "bottleneck" as they have little performance on gaming and the fx-6350 cab stand it's ground against better CPUs for gaming. That should be plenty of power, and it's good on tr budget

Do you think I'll need a new power supply?

I would recommend one, although if you really don't want to spend any extra money you can probably get by with your 500w. I would recommend the Corsair CX-600. corsair has an excellent reputation, and it's only about $60, sometimes cheaper on amazon

I don't really have one, but the cheapest possible would be the best.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vwsy23

you could also spend another 20 bucks and get an 4690k if you'd like.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I would recommend one, although if you really don't want to spend any extra money you can probably get by with your 500w. I would recommend the Corsair CX-600. corsair has an excellent reputation, and it's only about $60, sometimes cheaper on amazon

thank you so much for helping me.

both the 980 ti and Fury X are ment for 4k, and would be absolutely overkill for 1080p. At that resolution, a 970 could probably do very well on many games