Network of Internet Microsatellites

jos

OneWeb, which is a London-based company working to build a satellite network for global broadband connectivity just raised a whopping $500 million from investors including Coca-Cola, Virgin Group, Airbus, and others. The company added that it now plans to building a total of 900 "microsatellites" as part of a joint project with Airbus Defense and Space. It has also acquired 65 commercial rockets (the "largest commercial rocket acquisition") from both the French company Arianespace and Virgin Galactic. Hope the service will be free.

060314_iod_st5_acura_02.jpg?1292264122

Source :http://www.oneweb.world/#news

wow umm ok  this is confusing

other companies are doing the same thing

instead of every one doing his own thing they need to have a standard so they can share services kinda like what telecoms do with each other

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Don't we just have enough of these startups with big companies behind them that promise free wi-fi to everyone and never really deliver shit? I will just ignore any of them, until I see some fucking results...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Don't we just have enough of these startups with big companies behind them that promise free wi-fi to everyone and never really deliver shit? I will just ignore any of them, until I see some fucking results...

wow umm ok  this is confusing

other companies are doing the same thing

instead of every one doing his own thing they need to have a standard so they can share services kinda like what telecoms do with each other

It will happen when Google gets behind it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It will happen when Google gets behind it.

Yeah I mean it is bound to happen at some point, but having all this news about something that's like half a decade away is just wasteful...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)