UK police force looking to use Microsoft HoloLens to assist them in solving crimes

GoodBytes

It might sound like a movie, or a science fiction TV show, but the Robert Hogg, founder and MD of custom development and consultancy firm Black Marble, is developing ways to help criminal investigation of the UK police to analyses and visualize crime scenes in an augmented form to help them solve crimes.

Robert Hoff says:

will be delivering HoloLens to [uK police forces] as soon as we can. We can do some amazing things with the technology

in a press release.

microsofthololens-370x229.jpg?1435346290

A Microsoft spokesperson doesn't expect to see police officer with the HoloLens, but believe it can be a helpful in recreating crime scene for learning purposes, improving the police force investigation skills in the future.

A Microsoft spokesperson later told Computing that, while it's unlikely that members of the forces will go out on the beat wearing the slightly cumbersome devices in the near future, the technology could well be used in the recreation of crime scenes.

While it will most likely fail due to the massive complexity, and as Microsoft spokesperson says it cumbersome for a daily usage, due the limitation and size of the device, it could be the first step in a series of evolutions which, over time, will make such technology possible.

Source: http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2414851/cambridgeshire-police-to-investigate-the-potential-of-microsoft-hololens

Special thanks to @atrash for the news tip.

That is pretty cool actually.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

I don't see gen1 hololens to be actually used in action. It needs a few more iterations. It's a gimmick in gaming but I see the usage of AR, it's like a less shit version of google glass, with way more AR functions. I just hope the next gen one has a power meter sensor.

I don't see gen1 hololens to be actually used in action. It needs a few more iterations. It's a gimmick in gaming but I see the usage of AR, it's like a less shit version of google glass, with way more AR functions. I just hope the next gen one has a power meter sensor.

I think the focus of gen 2 is faster processor, optimizations and fine tuning (of course), extend battery life (if possible), and most importantly increase the viewing area, with a goal to reach 180 degrees.

Is it gonna help them play minecraft?

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Is it gonna help them play minecraft?

nah, nobody plays minecraft in a gov job, solitaire now that is the shit, and you can move cards by pointing.

Not a bad idea. Have a map of where the criminal is and where other police officers are.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

And buy UK you mean England right?

/s

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III