The PC is a beautiful thing.

orcinhell

I hope this story brings a smile to some faces, and please share any stories you have of improvising with the PC,

So I dabble in the use of controller from time to time, my xbox 360 controller broke while I was playing dark souls, that was some time ago. I have been playing the Witcher 3 lately and found the PC controls a bit clunky, so I decided to buy myself a new xbox one controller and give that ago.

I got it yesterday and its been great... Almost. See up until now when I have used a controller I have played games that are void of the feature by luck or are platforms and save constantly by nature. That feature being quick save. Now that I am playing a game with quick save the controller was driving me nuts. I have quick saving so ingrained into my brain I have to press it every few minutes. My room mate saw me using the controller and made remarks, "couldn't resit?"... He is a avid console gamer and we constantly give each other stick.

So today I decided to solve the problem, I had work off and spare time, I refuse to let go of the controller every 2 minutes to hit a key on my keyboard... I might as well use that. First I tried xpadder and my aim was to rebind or macro the xbox logo button itself... didn't work... I tried looking at what layout W3 used and find a key I could sacrifice, select could of worked as its used for the pause/menu. But I refused to compromise, that's not the PC way!

Later my room mate comes home and sees me using the controller playing Witcher 3 quite content, he comments, "see a little compromise and your having fun and relaxing, its not so bad". Then he looks down and notices my foot moving, "O for the love of god" and I burst out laughing. He ended up walking out of the room shaking his head "PC Gamers".

Unwilling to sacrifice any button or reach for the keyboard I decided to use xpadder for a difference reason. After dusting off my Fanatec clubsport peddles I use for sim racing I quickly was able to rebind the accelerator to F5, Brake is Inventory to save having to dive though to many menus, and clutch for the character sheet. I have my cake and I get to eat it too.

Haha :)

With the elite controller coming this will no longer be a problem with those 4 extra paddles.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Gotta love the flexibility of the PC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Haha cool!

This is epic!

Nice one

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless