[Build log] Air 00: Air 240 (shots of completed build!)

Necrodead

how do you sleeve cables?

where'd you buy the SC600 pump it seems to be a really good pump so I want it but i can't find it.THX :D 

please dont quote pictures

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

that's actually a good idea :D

just replace the picture in the quote with "snip"

and maybe edit your posts so the pictures disappear

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

how do you sleeve cables?

I used this guide: http://lutro0customs.com/pages/sleeving-guides

I love the enermax vegas fans. One of the best looking fans out there for aesthetics. And not bad for performance

Good to know they won't let down performance wise, I just like them so much for looks I figured I would just go with it and see how they work. Thanks

HELLO,i HAVE A QUESTION WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT THE PUMP IN THE CASE TO MAKE IT NOT UGLY,oops sorry for the caps.

hehe, I am going to put it in the back of the case where the power supply and hard drives are.

Oh my god I am glad I found this, love this case and love the color scheme you are going with it :D 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Oh my god I am glad I found this, love this case and love the color scheme you are going with it :D

Thanks Sheldon.

Just thought I would post some quick pictures of vinyl decals that I cut by hand to see what people think. What I did was print an outline of what I wanted and then cut through the paper and into the vinyl underneath with an exacto knife.

214tavd.jpg

sn08l4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2d27gb4.png

So I finally got my acrylic cut! I would have taken pictures but I was too excited to get it installed, so I covered it in the white vinyl and it fit like a glove. I did have another peice to cover the dual 40mm fan slots on the back, but I mis-measured and put the holes in the wrong spot so I think I am going to manually remake those. Aside from that I got a lot of it together. Unfortunately I only have room for one exhaust fan where I planned to put 2.

Also it looks like I have some really REALLY tight bends by the gpu, how tight can I bend PETG? lol.

14sidxx.jpg

1jsrxx.jpg

I kinda mangled the pci-e power while putting it through the back, have to fix..... :(

fbg7pg.jpg

CF vinyl on the sides of the DIMMs and painted the top of the heatsinks blue.

2gww593.jpg

2zdy5ac.jpg

Here is the back so far. Might use soft tube back here to make it easier.

2nlzbyw.jpg

Here is the 295x2, sans backplate. Oh right, I have a surprise there. I also installed a single PCIe bracket from the 6990 since it has the same i/o.

28rgxlh.jpg

Its brushed! I couldn't stand black and painting it white is what I did to my other computer... vinyl might not work well since the heat, etc. I used oven cleaner to remove the anodizing.

jazvh5.jpg

That has to be the dinkiest looking res i have ever seen! 

jk

seriously though, this build looks great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks @nchilds98 & @CtW for the support! And also thanks to everyone who is following my build!

2d27gb4.png

There ended up being less room than I had thought inside the front of the case so I moved the fan controller to the rear HDD rack. This way it will be easy to access while the system is on and to also be removed from the front compartment. Its mounted with some 3M double-sided tape on a piece of acrylic I bent to make a bracket. I do lose the HDD slot though; however I have a 960GB Crucial SSD in the SSD caddy. :) btw thats a 1TB Seagate 7200rpm drive.

2pu0s51.jpg

23wqwkp.jpg

I made an acrylic plate and covered it in vinyl. I also added the other Nerv logo I made, which lights up nicely from the Darkside led strip above it.

11w7pud.jpg

This is my first PETG bending attempt, thats why I tried the back. Also lots of bends.

214dxzb.jpg

6fy54l.jpg

2d27gb4.png

My 295 assembled with its new finish on the backplate. Its hard to get good pictures of the brushing.

15pkhw1.jpg

The rest of the shots are for my glass window mod. Aww yeah, love dat glass. I bought a $4 picture frame in the size I wanted off of amazon and double sided 'tape-of-the-gods'd it on there.

4vo3ky.jpg

In this shot you can see the only other bend I can do before my angle fittings arrive, and also my phoyba cpu block.

30lyxjp.jpg

1424e2q.jpg

149be53.jpg

Wow! You are talented! I love it :D

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

FREAKING AMAZING MATE!!! I like blue a lot, especially the light one you used and how it was carbon fibre.

Cheers from Canada.

Intel i7 3770 | ASUS P8Z77-V | 32GB Kingstorn HyperX Fury | ASUS Dual Radeon RX 480 (4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro | 3TB WD Green | Corsair CX500 | Corsair Carbide 500R

Thanks @Philz69 and @DededeKirby for your comments, always good to hear stuff like that!

Are we getting any updates soon?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Are we getting any updates soon?

Haha, I am waiting on fittings from china to finish the tubing, but I had a small issue with the window that I'm working on now. The issue is the GPU dosen't fit, lol, someone warned me earlier in the thread but eyeballing it, it looked fine. However it is about 1-2mm too tall to fit the case with the window on. So while attempting to remove the glass, I broke it, ordered more and am now working on a solution for mounting the glass on the outside. I was going to post some in-progress pics of that later today. :)

Looking very awesome!!!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Wow this 240 makes mine look like crap!

I think itx is the way to go in this case matx just takes up to much space