[Build log] Air 00: Air 240 (shots of completed build!)

Necrodead

Thanks! I guess I should have considered spacing when I got the 240 since I knew that full hight tower coolers wouldn't fit, but I never did. Glad you like the window, maybe its because I've been looking at it forever but I wasn't sure how I liked how it looked.

Also curious as to how much over-clocking I can do without turning up the fans super high since that was one of my goals. I had planned for another 120mm in the back of the case but she didn't fit.

Thanks again!

I actually had an H90 rad and nocua 140 fan ghetto fitted in the back at that 120mm spot at one point... its doable.... but tight when the wires go in :) 

No sorry, no tutorial, but it was actually pretty easy. All I did was tape the glass to the side panel and then filled in the edges using drywall filler. Spreading it out was the hardest part, I used my fingers and an old credit card and then sanded it down between applications with a sanding sponge. It would have actually been better to use a small piece of wood as a sanding block, but I didn't have any wood in that size. I used 220 grit then went to 400 to finish it off. Since you're interested I may make a tutorial in the future. :)

That would be nice of you, I'd like to cut out a window in my GD09B (rad placement will be fun :D) or just make an acrylic top panel.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

That would be nice of you, I'd like to cut out a window in my GD09B (rad placement will be fun :D) or just make an acrylic top panel.

Working on the actual build but I'll get to this soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2d27gb4.png

Finally got my fittings in the mail, same day my new dremel came as well so I got to work on some acrylic. Res holders and temp sensor mount. I broke my old dremel about a week ago, got the bit stuck in the chuck. :facepalm:

2jb1u9j.jpg

rmvcc6.jpg

dxcyu1.jpg

qrmall.jpg

2q1c47c.jpg

2v9vsyc.jpg

Sweet, that's the first word that comes into my mind when I look at your build.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

Sweet, that's the first word that comes into my mind when I look at your build.

Thanks!

really looking good... !

Can't help but notice the extreme misplacement of the 8 pin CPU connector by AsRock... Hope fitting your ram won't be too difficult :)

Yeah that 8 pin is really out there. It was the one reason I didn't want this board, but it was also the only blue coloured mITX with the rest of the features I wanted.

Thanks! getting the ram in is quite easy as well, there is more room than it looks under the tubes.

Those bends must've been hard to do! I keep saying it, but god damn its looking good!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Those bends must've been hard to do! I keep saying it, but god damn its looking good!

Thanks! They were a pain, some of them. Probably wasted 3 feet of tube or so. :P

Honestly I'm getting sick of just looking at it, I want to game! But right now I'm literally waiting another few days for the paint to dry on a peice I just decided to paint right before I got my fittings. Almost done and then I can fill her up.

Thanks again, I really like your 760T, its given me some ideas as to what to do with mine when I get to it. I had already decided to go with transparent green coolant, so I'm gonna have to copy you!

Thanks! They were a pain, some of them. Probably wasted 3 feet of tube or so. :P

Honestly I'm getting sick of just looking at it, I want to game! But right now I'm literally waiting another few days for the paint to dry on a peice I just decided to paint right before I got my fittings. Almost done and then I can fill her up.

Thanks again, I really like your 760T, its given me some ideas as to what to do with mine when I get to it. I had already decided to go with transparent green coolant, so I'm gonna have to copy you!

If you need any help for mods on there, i could help you! Feel free to message me if you need ;) Cant wait to see what you'll do with the 760T!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

2cpox8k.jpg

Just a quick pic as I get ready to fill the loop!

Ohh yeahh! are those tubing runs actually parrelel in the middle? they look like REALLY of from this angle :/

Spoiler

2cpox8k.jpg

Just a quick pic as I get ready to fill the loop!

Fantastic build,

One thing that kind of bugs me is that the cut-out for the 24 pin doesnt quite line up with cable going down.

It's probably OCD given how tidy the build looks lol

Looking for a job

Ohh yeahh! are those tubing runs actually parrelel in the middle? they look like REALLY of from this angle :/

They are parallel when viewed from directly above, but it goes up from the rad to the gpu. I may try to rebend it but I'm trying to keep my theme of all 90 corners, if only I had bought 2 more fittings... But sometime in the future when I have money I'm going to replace all the corners with fittings, but that would be like 11 fittings, or like $200, lol.

Fantastic build,

One thing that kind of bugs me is that the cut-out for the 24 pin doesnt quite line up with cable going down.

It's probably OCD given how tidy the build looks lol

I didn't want to cut into the metal of the case at the time. Now I wish I had, but it was $100 to get the acrylic cut so I'm not doing it again, lol.

Thanks guys!

2d27gb4.png

So last night when I started filling the loop, after a few pics my camera's battery died so regrettably I only have this single picture of filling it for leak testing. I just drained after 12 hours and added the mayhems pastel blueberry and it looks awesome. Await the final pictures soon.
hvco0j.jpg

-snip-

HOLY BALLS! Talk about awesome! Wow, its so amazing :o The coolant color is so awesome!

Spoiler

THAT IS FUCKING SEXY AS HELL.

u

Nice build, 295X2 temps?

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Thanks guys!

u

Nice build, 295X2 temps?

So far only testing I've done was playing diablo 3 for a few hours. 64C max temp on the 295x2 so far.

And here are some shots of the completed build. I'm going to do some more professional shots in the future, and there is a molex cable I made that I have to fix. (using a non-custom sleeved one now) But some shots still then anyways!

2zrkwle.jpg

2utlnps.jpg

2qlu2qo.jpg

120gf9d.jpg

Amazing once again. The only bad thing is that I'll miss the updates on this thing.

*speechless*

Intel i7 3770 | ASUS P8Z77-V | 32GB Kingstorn HyperX Fury | ASUS Dual Radeon RX 480 (4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro | 3TB WD Green | Corsair CX500 | Corsair Carbide 500R

Thanks guys!

So far only testing I've done was playing diablo 3 for a few hours. 64C max temp on the 295x2 so far.

And here are some shots of the completed build. I'm going to do some more professional shots in the future, and there is a molex cable I made that I have to fix. (using a non-custom sleeved one now) But some shots still then anyways!

2zrkwle.jpg

2utlnps.jpg

2qlu2qo.jpg

120gf9d.jpg

If only i could do something like this to my Air 540 build :(

Amazing stuff

Looking for a job

• 1 month later...

So a few weeks ago I added an external rad to deal with the heat of that 295 and i5. It could run before, but I wasn't about to risk an overclock and I also had to keep the fans at 100%. Now with 8 more fans I can run them all as quietly as I want. I also unplugged the white LED's and added some 3mm blue ones I had sitting around in order to keep the brightness down when its dark in the room, but I can change it back quite easily.

292740z.jpg

For some reason when I white balanced this pic it turned purple. I like it.
k1v14n.jpg

Just noticed I have some cable management to do to those LED cables.
ej7l3q.jpg

t4zfvk.jpg

It just sits behind my monitors.
nnwuhf.jpg