My right speaker of my beats solo hd just died - What to do?

pewpewmerica

First of all, please dont be a beats hating bandwagoner and say something like "Beats suck and are overpriced get _____" because it wont help me.

Anyways, should I get a new cable or get new beats altogether? My cable is kinda acting wierdly, because the jack seemsnot to fit entirely into my iPod all of the sudden (It was a bit before the speaker stopped working though)

Help please

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Get better headphones, I recommend Sennheiser HD380's

Shut up.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

LOL uh RMA check for warranty .Get better head phones

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Shut up.

As leader of the largest hate wagon, I'm going to ignore that, and give you a worse option. Run down to radio shack and grab a new phono jack, cut up the cable, and solder on the new jack. 

Smartest thing to do, Get a pair of ATH-M50's. For around 150 you get much better headphones, and even all my friends who have Beats think they are much better.

just to add I did own beats as well, before they broke on me the 3rd time. Their build quality is a pile of cow manure. So just so you know this wont be the first time they break.

Edited by MJOLNITR VIPER

I'd recommend changing the cable; it could be having a problem with making contact for some reason.

3.5mm cables aren't terribly expensive anyway so you're not risking much.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

First of all, please dont be a beats hating bandwagoner and say something like "Beats suck and are overpriced get _____" because it wont help me.

Uhhh is it under warranty?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Thought process between every single one of these comments telling me to get other headphones: "Oh it is cool to hate Beats? BEATS SUUUUUUCK, GET SENNHEISERES"

Beats suck and are overpriced get _____

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU ARE SO FUNNY no. gtfo

Thought process between every single one of these comments telling me to get other headphones: "Oh it is cool to hate Beats? BEATS SUUUUUUCK, GET SENNHEISERES"

read the update I just wrote on my post above.  i am speaking the truth they are not good, their biggest flaw if their build quality.

is it under warranty?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

is it the cable or is the phones?

can you plug them into another source(phone, computer. etc.) and they work fine, or is there still problems?

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

read the update I just wrote on my post above.  i am speaking the truth they are not good, their biggest flaw if their build quality.

Maybe you are just a retard who threw them around and took  no care of them?

Maybe you are just a retard who threw them around and took  no care of them?

That is a complete lie, I took very good care of them. I kept them in the case, never around my neck, inside a backpack.  Never left them laying around my room either. The things hardly even had a scratch on them when they broke up to the 3rd time, after that I just RMA'd it and sold it to someone for like $100. 

getting a new cable is just not worth it, you would spend more money on the cable instead of using that money to get headphones that actually sound good.

Also, if you don't want people to tall you to get better headphones, why don't you go to a forum full of beats fanboys so they can help you with your overpriced headphones?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Nobody is going to help you if you keep being an asshole. Anyways, Call them, get an RMA, and They'll ship you a new cable/whatever else is broken. Everyone I know that has Beats, (a lot of people) have had to do this one or two times, Including me. (I used to have them) If they are out of warranty (one year) the RMA will more than likely be astronomically expensive, I'd say get a new pair.  I recommend for on/over ear: Audio Technica ATH-M50 ($150); Ear-buds: Klipsch S4's ($50).  IMO, the Klipsch S4's have similar bass to the Solos, as for the Audio Technicas, after burn in time (let them sit playing music at a moderate volume for a few days), they have the bass of the Solos, and the mids and highs to match.

For the record, you did ask if you should get new headphones, and they answered with specific models.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

They completely different platforms and a huge difference in the size of the CPU itself, 

I know right. Takes us for stupid, buys shit headphones, and insults us for giving better options. I have a feeling I know what kind "man" this person is. 

Does anyone else find it amusing that his "spec list" has a 2600k on a x79 motherboard. 

http://gyazo.com/138d6a4d4d744f78ff332b0ed5648f13

haha I know I forgot the real name of my mobo

Does anyone else find it amusing that his "spec list" has a 2600k on a x79 motherboard. 

http://gyazo.com/138d6a4d4d744f78ff332b0ed5648f13

10 GB RAM? DAFUQ?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Nobody is going to help you if you keep being an asshole. Anyways, Call them, get an RMA, and They'll ship you a new cable/whatever else is broken. Everyone I know that has Beats, (a lot of people) have had to do this one or two times, Including me. (I used to have them) If they are out of warranty (one year) the RMA will more than likely be astronomically expensive, I'd say get a new pair.  I recommend for on/over ear: Audio Technica ATH-M50 ($150); Ear-buds: Klipsch S4's ($50).  IMO, the Klipsch S4's have similar bass to the Solos, as for the Audio Technicas, after burn in time (let them sit playing music at a moderate volume for a few days), they have the bass of the Solos, and the mids and highs to match.

For the record, you did ask if you should get new headphones, and they answered with specific models.

if woud want more bass out of the M50's you can just get a FiiO e11 amp, works really nicely for when im in my brain shaking moods 

Shut up.

you did list "or get new headphones altogether?" . There is no reason to be disrespectful.

As far as your question goes, i would get new headphones. Preferably not any made by monstercable. The sennhiser hd380's are a great option.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz