Good Speakers under $100 for casual use and some gaming

carldun

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a good set of speakers for $100 or less that I'll use for:

1. Listening to tutorials (I'll be studying programming) so I'm gonna need the speakers to produce the audio as CLEAR as possible.

2. Listening to music (I don't do metal or any heavy stuff, I'm more into soothing songs or songs like "Hey there Delilah" and maybe mainstream music from time to time).

3. Gaming (I only play League of Legends so I don't think I need a heavy bass. I WILL be re-playing Crysis 3, Metro, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite though but I think I'll be finishing this after a month and I don't want to buy a heavy bass speaker just for this since these games wont last long BUT I did mention it so that the speaker you would recommend may have SOME acceptable (not ground shattering) bass. 

4. Watching movies (They're kind mixed in together so I guess a speaker that has enough bass)

I live in the Philippines so as much as I wanted to buy other products, my choices are limited.

So far what I was keeping my eyes on are:

1. Swans M10 (My current bet. It costs roughly $84 here and best thing is that I don't have to ship it).

2. Logitech z523 (I heard logitech speakers are heavy on bass. I'm worried it might compromise the mids and highs' clarity and since I'm not "all about that bass", I'm not sure if this is the right speaker for me. It costs around $82 here).

I'm no audiophile, in fact, I've practically lived my entire life on $10-$15 speakers.

Edit: I've made a table of the speakers in the Philippines that I could get my hands on

4jw21c.jpg

ops wrong thing, sorry ignore i read wrong

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Uhmm I kinda don't want a headset at the moment since I'm a glass wearer and it's very uncomfortable when the frame would pound my head after 2-3 hours. Also, it's pretty hot in the Philippines and my ears would get sweaty very easily.

It's worth the extra 50$

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/speaker-system-z623?crid=1589 

From your choices i would vote for Klipsch Promedia

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

It's worth the extra 50$

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/speaker-system-z623?crid=1589 

From your choices i would vote for Klipsch Promedia

It's like $70 more in here but for the extra $70 what is its improvement over the others? Is it clearer? Or just more/heavier bass?

I guess Promedia's off my choices since I've received their e-mail (They cost a whooping $349(SGD) or $261(USD))

I'm still looking for other speakers though like edifier, m-audio.

It's like $70 more in here but for the extra $70 what is its improvement over the others? Is it clearer? Or just more/heavier bass?

I guess Promedia's off my choices since I've received their e-mail (They cost a whooping $349(SGD) or $261(USD))

Mixer of everything mainly bass though,promedia is 150$ in amazon 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Mixer of everything mainly bass though,promedia is 150$ in amazon 

Unfortunately there's no shipping option to the Philippines, at least with that specific item.

I would go for Logitech which has really good reviews and also with effective sound which would be fine for normal use so hopefully can go with that.

Edifier C2X seems to have good reviews on amazon 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

The extra $70 will get you better realistic extension and higher output capability before distortion gets bothering. You can always reduce the bass driver output with the handy dial, if you so prefer.

The THX Multimedia certification means that it can deliver reference levels of volume within a set threshold of distortion and a passing frequency response from 28 inches away. It may be worth something if you're after recreating the cinema experience on your desk.

The extra $70 will get you better realistic extension and higher output capability before distortion gets bothering. You can always reduce the bass driver output with the handy dial, if you so prefer.

The THX Multimedia certification means that it can deliver reference levels of volume within a set threshold of distortion and a passing frequency response from 28 inches away. It may be worth something if you're after recreating the cinema experience on your desk.

But for $150, aren't there better options? Less priority on the bass and more on the crisp mids/highs? I actually have a home theater system and if I wanted bass I could use them but they're gigantic and it'll destroy my tiny room. I just needed speakers that are very clear and has enough bass for some decent gaming.

But for $150, aren't there better options? Less priority on the bass and more on the crisp mids/highs? I actually have a home theater system and if I wanted bass I could use them but they're gigantic and it'll destroy my tiny room. I just needed speakers that are very clear and has enough bass for some decent gaming.

Entry level monitors like the JBL C2PS will cost you a bit more still. The Edifier R2700 is likely worth a look.

I would go for Logitech which has really good reviews and also with effective sound which would be fine for normal use so hopefully can go with that.

damn I wish I had "effective sound" :(

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

1. Listening to tutorials (I'll be studying programming) so I'm gonna need the speakers to produce the audio as CLEAR as possible.

Oh boy.

Entry level monitors like the JBL C2PS will cost you a bit more still. The Edifier R2700 is likely worth a look.

Hmmmm interesting, they're around $140 here. I'm gonna go and read a couple of reviews. Thanks for suggesting this!

damn I wish I had "effective sound" :(

Hopefully, my budget is enough for some effective sound.

Oh boy.

Oh girl.

OP, is there any way for you to increase your budget? Plus, tbh, you're better off with headphones if thats the case that you've listed.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

OP, is there any way for you to increase your budget? Plus, tbh, you're better off with headphones if thats the case that you've listed.

$150 I guess if there's a BIG difference compared to those $100 below speakers. But if it's just some minor improvement ESPECIALLY on the bass, I might not consider it as I've practically lived my entire life with no hard bass on my computer. I just decided to get speakers since my brother lent me some old Altec Lansing speakers(I think a $25-30 one) and was amazed of the clarity compared to my generic $10 speakers.

Headphones makes me grumpy (due to it crushing my glasses' frame on my head not to mention it's hot and sweaty)

When I'm grumpy and sweaty my productivity decreases a lot

When my productivity decreases I wind up getting stressed

When I'm stressed it's hard to sleep (since I'll be thinking of the wasted time)

When I can't sleep it harms my body (physically and emotionally)

When my body's harmed I might get some minor illness

When I get a minor illness it might lead to a serious illness

When I have a serious illness it would lead me to death

I'm sorry Headphones would probably waste my time, make me uncomfortable and eventually lead to my ultimate demise since I'll be using this speaker almost 12 hours a day and I can't create content or study when I'm mad and sweaty.