GTX 980ti or AMD R9 FURY X

theworstjak

based on what we saw and the spec of fury x its pretty much crush the gtx 980ti so tell what you would you get and why.

post-229361-0-71466100-1434843042_thumb.

post-229361-0-08460100-1434843054_thumb.

post-229361-0-01912500-1434843333_thumb.

post-229361-0-42998900-1434843413_thumb.

post-229361-0-78113500-1434843460_thumb.

post-229361-0-77898100-1434843498.png

post-229361-0-69790400-1434843556.png

Wait for the independent Fury X benchmarks.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

based on what we saw and the spec of fury x its pretty much crush the gtx 980ti so tell what you would you get and why.

Do we actually know the Fury X benchmarks yet? It's inconclusive until we get the Fury X benchmarks.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

980ti, we have actual benchmarks from trustable sources unlike the fury x where the only source is amd, and for all we know, their benchmarks could be made up.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Wait for several sources for Fury X benchmarks. But if it turns out the way it is, maybe go Fury. It can only get better as the drivers mature. And DX 12 should utilize more of raw power, so go 4096 cores and HBM. :)

Wait for the Fury X benchmarks.

they are ready out for 4k

Do we actually know the Fury X benchmarks yet? It's inconclusive until we get the Fury X benchmarks.

the spec on video cardz

I mean non-official benchmarks (Youtube benchmarks)... Not that I don't trust AMD's benchmarks but I cant help think they are cherry picked instances to make the cards seem better than they are.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

That's a tricky question, despite not fully knowing how the card performs, I still think It's not quite that simple... usually I would buy a card based on how it performs in the games I'm interested in... but there are other features that I'm now also interested in. I would like to stick with nvidia so that I can stream to my shield portable for example.

the spec on video cardz

Exactly because we know how exactly how HBM performs compared to GDDR5 and how the compressions algorithms work in our favor.....

The embargo ends next wednesday or so, so we will see indipendent reviews and benchmarks then. And it only has 4GB of vram which is almost not enough for mods so... GTA 5 exceeds 4GB of VRAM, and Skyrim mods aswell.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Even if those benchmarks are valid I would call it "crushes". But good for AMD if confirmed.

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

If AMD's provided benchmarks are true I'd say easily the Fury-x, it's cheaper and should be both cooler and quieter. 

Even if it's marginally worse, it's still a watercooled powerhouse that will apparently come in at a pretty good price. I'd probably take it.

well i can say that i wouldn't soil my case with an AMD product...

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

Nvidia Pascal 

Linus said on the stream , its a bad time to build or upgrade , with broadwell being shit and pascal promising major performance .

i never used any AMD video card but i welling to get see what it can do

The embargo ends next wednesday or so, so we will see indipendent reviews and benchmarks then. And it only has 4GB of vram which is almost not enough for mods so... GTA 5 exceeds 4GB of VRAM, and Skyrim mods aswell.

When will people realise HBM cannot be compared to GDDR?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Specs dont mean anything

they are completely differently engineered cards

the only way to compare them is to look at performance benchmarks

and NOT benchmarks released by AMD, you can easily guess how biased those are

the fury x doesnt perform much better than the 980ti anyway in their benchmarks

a watercooled+overclocked 980ti would do just as well or better according to those numbers (because the fury is already watercooled)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nvidia Pascal 

Linus said on the stream , its a bad time to build or upgrade , with broadwell being shit and pascal promising major performance .

are welling to wait for q1 thats your choice

Specs dont mean anything

they are completely differently engineered cards

the only way to compare them is to look at performance benchmarks

and NOT benchmarks released by AMD, you can easily guess how biased those are

the fury x doesnt perform much better than the 780ti anyway in their benchmarks

a watercooled+overclocked 980ti would do just as well or better according to those numbers (because the fury is already watercooled)

u kidding right u comparing the 780ti with fury x come on man dont be like that dont be a fan boy

Well, honestly, if it's a 5% difference, who cares? Just go with the one that has the features that you want... Or the price range that you are aiming for. :)

u kidding right u comparing the 780ti with fury x come on man dont be like that dont be a fan boy

woops, that was a typo

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020