Turtle Beach x12 club. B-)

ker2015

I just bought a pair of Turtle Beach x12's around 2 weeks ago and I'm really enjoying them. Does anyone else here have them, and if so, do you like them? Bonus: if you don't have the Turtle Beach x12 then say what headphones you use for your PC/console peasantry.

I'm kinda bored,

Chickenpuffball

I have the P11, can I join too??

But I hate this headset, pretty terrible and it's breaking :/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have the P11, can I join too??

But I hate this headset, pretty terrible and it's breaking :/

Hello our friend in the P11 club! :)

(Sad to hear about your headset breaking. Hopefully you can get a new headset in the future. :D)

I (am pretty sure I) had them can't find the box to check which pair it was.

Edit: Think they where P12's, looking for box.

Edit 2: PX22's. My point still stands.

They broke within 3 months, I decided the shit audio quality was not worth it.

I still have a pair of x41's for Xbox's.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Hello our friend in the P11 club! :)

(Sad to hear about your headset breaking. Hopefully you can get a new headset in the future. :D)

Well it was decent while they lasted. But I will probably never go for a headset again, have had enough break on me over the years 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I (am pretty sure I) had them can't find the box to check which pair it was.

They broke within 3 months, I decided the shit audio quality was not worth it.

I still have a pair of x41's for Xbox's.

I think you are thinking of the wrong headset. But whatever, are you enjoying the x41's?

I've owned the x12 before, I wouldn't really recommend it, or any Turtle Beach product for that matter. Owned three of their wireless headsets, ones brace for the pins on the charging port came off (those pins are now broken) the other simply ceased charging (tried all of my cables, and believe me a had a few sets :)) and the last one stopped connecting to the signal donger micjangal connected to my Xbox (no idea why as the lights all 'checked out'.

HyperX Clouds are what I've got now, pretty damn good for 70 bucks.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Well it was decent while they lasted. But I will probably never go for a headset again, have had enough break on me over the years

Flimsy little things aren't they. #SpeakerMasterRace

I think you are thinking of the wrong headset. But whatever, are you enjoying the x41's?

The audio quality is good, battery life not so great. Syncing it is hard (as it unsync's everytime it dies), and the wireless module comes on randomly so I put a box over it.

And the headset I was referring to in the previous post was PX22's. 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I've owned the x12 before, I wouldn't really recommend it, or any Turtle Beach product for that matter. Owned three of their wireless headsets, ones brace for the pins on the charging port came off (those pins are now broken) the other simply ceased charging (tried all of my cables, and believe me a had a few sets :)) and the last one stopped connecting to the signal donger micjangal connected to my Xbox (no idea why as the lights all 'checked out'.

HyperX Clouds are what I've got now, pretty damn good for 70 bucks.

I would have bought the HyperX Clouds if they sold them at Best Buy. (I had a $50 Best Buy gift card lying around)

The audio quality is good, battery life not so great. Syncing it is hard (as it unsync's everytime it dies), and the wireless module comes on randomly so I put a box over it.

And the headset I was referring to in the previous post was PX22's.

Yea, I'm using them wired on my PC so battery and syncing aren't issues.

Yea I got a set of hyperx clouds back at black Friday for literally 30 USD and for that price nothing comes close. I mean the mic isn't amazing but it's more than good enough for phone calls/voip etc.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I used to own the wireless Turtle Beach PX4 for my PS3 and although it was a good headset and served me well, the mesh earpads were very uncomfortable against my skin and the construction was very creaky and "plasticky." Plus I could hear heavy compression in my games especially when I heard explosions. I ended up selling them to a friend who needed a headset  for his PS3 but was short on funds for a new one. I picked up Astro A40's to replace them. Turtle Beach don't make that bad headsets especially for console use, but there are much better choices for PC gamers (not including the headphone + mic combo).

I used to own the wireless Turtle Beach PX4 for my PS3 and although it was a good headset and served me well, the mesh earpads were very uncomfortable against my skin and the construction was very creaky and "plasticky." Plus I could hear heavy compression in my games especially when I heard explosions. I ended up selling them to a friend who needed a headset  for his PS3 but was short on funds for a new one. I picked up Astro A40's to replace them. Turtle Beach don't make that bad headsets especially for console use, but there are much better choices for PC gamers (not including the headphone + mic combo).

Turtle Beach AND Astro suck.  Both have shitty audio, and don't get me started on the Astro mic.

Also, why not including headphone + mic combo?  Too good for your "gaming headset" crap?

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Turtle Beach AND Astro suck. Both have shitty audio, and don't get me started on the Astro mic.

Also, why not including headphone + mic combo? Too good for your "gaming headset" crap?

Idk what you are talking about... My beats by dre are the best audio on history.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Idk what you are talking about... My beats by dre are the best audio on history.

That's a good joke. :)

That's a good joke. :)

Worth every penny of the 100+ USD set. Yea thank god I don't own one.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Worth every penny of the 100+ USD set. Yea thank god I don't own one.

$500 well spent. :D

Turtle Beach AND Astro suck.  Both have shitty audio, and don't get me started on the Astro mic.

Also, why not including headphone + mic combo?  Too good for your "gaming headset" crap?

What? No. I'm just saying there are many more headsets that are way better than Turtle Beach headsets (Astro's included). When I got my Astro's I had no intention of building a PC. Currently I am looking into a pair of nice headphones and a mic for PC use in the future but I'm short on funds after building my PC so that's going to have to wait.

No need to have a toxic attitude and attack people, even if you're right.

I bought two X12 just for the hell of it, and I have been using them for 2 years! If you want a cheap headset that gets the job done, I would recommend the X12.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Yeah i had one X12 for few months. Was unhappy with the sound quality and then it snapped after 6 months. I wont be buying another turtle beach product.