Which 980 Ti to get?

Worth to note is that all customer service is handled by the retailer through which I buy the card, so the quality of MSI's, Gigabyte's or EVGA's customer service is irrelevant.

Well, i had to make the same choice but the Gigabyte one is cheaper here and it just feels/looks way more premium.

It has better cooling, better overclocking, better looks and it has multi-colour LED on the Logo  :wub:

I've had a GTS 450 from Gigabyte for over 4 years, never had a problem with it.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well, i had to make the same choice but the Gigabyte one is cheaper here and it just feels/looks way more premium.

It has better cooling, better overclocking, better looks and it has multi-colour LED on the Logo  :wub:

Even than the MSI?

Based on the replies to this topic, the EVGA one seems to be a no-go. However, there's the question of the MSI vs Gigabyte G1.

Even than the MSI?

Based on the replies to this topic, the EVGA one seems to be a no-go. However, there's the question of the MSI vs Gigabyte G1.

MSI one just looks like a toy imo. The Gigabyte one is more premium.

And the only EVGA card I would buy is the Hybrid edition because it has all in one watercooling.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The only difference I can see between the MSI and G1 is that the former has clocked memory speed of 7100 MHz (opposed to G1's 7010 MHz), and a more silent fan.

Have you gotten your G1 yet, and if so, noticed the coil whine a lot of people seem to be complaining about?

The only difference I can see between the MSI and G1 is that the former has clocked memory speed of 7100 MHz (opposed to G1's 7010 MHz), and a more silent fan.

Have you gotten your G1 yet, and if so, noticed the coil whine a lot of people seem to be complaining about?

Nope, really hard to get a 980Ti here in the Netherlands. It's being sold out within a few hours every time a shop has it. 

Will be getting it next week hopefully.

But coilwhine is never a  problem to be honest, my PSU coilwhines sometimes too, but I can't hear it because it's very hot now (30C) and my GPU fans are spinning like crazy.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

g1 gaming

YMKD7RQ_700wa_0.gif

I don't know about that. Apparently the G1 980Ti isn't exactly as glorious as the G1 970. Apparently it's about as loud as a 290X reference amongst other things that just weren't up to snuff. A user on here put up a review of sorts and I wasn't impressed. It actually turned me away from wanting the G1 980Ti.

OP, I think I'd actually go with MSI or EVGA this time around.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

G1 Gaming. Getting one of these bad boys next week myself for 4K gaming.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

I don't know about that. Apparently the G1 980Ti isn't exactly as glorious as the G1 970. Apparently it's about as loud as a 290X reference amongst other things that just weren't up to snuff. A user on here put up a review of sorts and I wasn't impressed. It actually turned me away from wanting the G1 980Ti.

OP, I think I'd actually go with MSI or EVGA this time around.

Got the link to that "review of sorts"?

For some reason I can't paste the link into the text box on my phone. I'll send it to ya when I get home.

Привет товарищ ))))

For some reason I can't paste the link into the text box on my phone. I'll send it to ya when I get home.

Appreciate it.

Choosing a 980 Ti is an arduous task...

Appreciate it.

Choosing a 980 Ti is an arduous task...

Lol. Agreed!

Was going to get the G1 because it would make using my BenQ XL2411Zs much easier since they're only DVI and the G1 is the only 980Ti with two DVI outputs, but I might end up getting another one and getting a DP to DVI dual link active adaptor. Should have been thinking before I bought two monitors that don't use DisplayPort. :P

Привет товарищ ))))

I'm about to buy a 980ti but am somewhat overwhelmed by all of the choices. Can someone help me decide?

Im thinking of either:

• Gigabyte Gaming G1
  • EVGA Classified
  • MSI Gaming
  • Galax HOF

I'm going to be using it for 3440x1440 gaming. I definitely want to overclock, so a custom pcb is a must. I really like the HOF's aesthetics.

How do all of these cards compare? Which should I get?

I'm about to buy a 980ti but am somewhat overwhelmed by all of the choices. Can someone help me decide?

Im thinking of either:

• Gigabyte Gaming G1
  • EVGA Classified
  • MSI Gaming
  • Galax HOF

I'm going to be using it for 3440x1440 gaming. I definitely want to overclock, so a custom pcb is a must. I really like the HOF's aesthetics.

How do all of these cards compare? Which should I get?

HOF is nice yes, but extremely overpriced. Go with the Gigabyte because it's cheapest (well here at least it is)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/397840-finally-got-my-gigabyte-g1-980-ti-its-heavy-hot-fast-overclocks-real-well-and-loud-pics-vid/ ... There ya go.

Just a little note: I wouldn't treat it as an actual end-all be-all official review, just the OP sharing his experience since I think that's what his original intentions were.  :P

Привет товарищ ))))

I don't know about that. Apparently the G1 980Ti isn't exactly as glorious as the G1 970. Apparently it's about as loud as a 290X reference amongst other things that just weren't up to snuff.

Well, Noctuas at 100% are also loud...

The G1 never ever goes over 70%, even when overclocked, and at that speed it's fine. It's not whisper quiet, but you have to remember that it's also the coolest card of the bunch, also cools the vram (which none other does), and has the highest overclocking potential with the most power delivery on stock bios. If you put in a custom fan curve it's even better.

However, if silence is more important than overclocks, then sure go for the MSI. Some also prefer the MSI looks over the G1. Depends on what you're looking for really.

I really need the performance @ 2160p and I'm wearing headphones, so overclocking trumps all for me.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

Well, Noctuas at 100% are also loud...

The G1 never ever goes over 70%, even when overclocked, and at that speed it's fine. It's not whisper quiet, but you have to remember that it's also the coolest card of the bunch, also cools the vram (which none other does), and has the highest overclocking potential with the most power delivery on stock bios. If you put in a custom fan curve it's even better.

However, if silence is more important than overclocks, then sure go for the MSI. Some also prefer the MSI looks over the G1. Depends on what you're looking for really.

I really need the performance @ 2160p and I'm wearing headphones, so overclocking trumps all for me.

Those are good points.  :P

The thing I'm most concerned with about the noise is whether or not my mic will pick it up. In my experience desk mics are more sensitive than headset mics. If I knew whether or not that would be a problem I'd put the G1 back in the running since I myself most likely won't hear anything since I don't use my computer without headphones.

Привет товарищ ))))

Those are good points.  :P

The thing I'm most concerned with about the noise is whether or not my mic will pick it up. In my experience desk mics are more sensitive than headset mics. If I knew whether or not that would be a problem I'd put the G1 back in the running since I myself most likely won't hear anything since I don't use my computer without headphones.

Put your computer 5 meters away, use usb-hub for keyboard/mouse and plug headset into monitor. Problem solved  :D

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm tempted to buy the G1, but now leaning towards Evga (again) but gonna have to wait for kingpin... I was on the wrbsotr checkout for Galax hof but could not find a review for it.. I got 22hrs before sale is over.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

The thing I'm most concerned with about the noise is whether or not my mic will pick it up. In my experience desk mics are more sensitive than headset mics.

This is why I don't get why people recommend omnidirectional or cardioid desk mics like a Blue Snowball, Yeti, Audio Technical AT2020 or Razer Seiren.

These mics are horrible to put in a noisy environment. No serious audio person will recommend these type of mics for desktop recording. Unless you're in a soundbooth or set the gain really really low (and push your face up to the mic) you're gonna pickup environment noise.

So you've got 4 options:

1 - Build a really quiet environment. You can isolate the mic from your desk to remove vibrational humm and move your computer away like TheConverter suggested.

2 - Use a close proximity mic like a lav or headset mic mount like a modmic. (very clean sound, especially with a quality lav)

3 - Invest in clean mic preamps and a hyper-cardioid mic or even a shotgun mic is okay mounted on a rode arm with shockmounts & pop filters. (kinda expensive)

4 - Suck it up and use band filtering & a noise gate to remove the background sound. I know that Razer Comms has very effective built in noise reduction. (Which you cannot turn off !) If you're using other voice comms software I would really recommend voice meter banana as it gives you a lot of options and is free.

Most people who somewhat care do a combination between 1 & 4. Number 2 (modmic) is what I would call an absolute minimum. And people who really obsessively care go for lavs and #3.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

The G1 Gaming has horrible coil whine and noise with the fans. I'd go for EVGA, MSI, or even Zotac. Zotac has some great offerings this year and they haven't messed up like last year. I just ordered their Amp! Extreme for only 689.99. It's basically the same price as most of the other cards and I get ridiculous clock speeds and factory overclocked memory while the card remains pretty cool and relatively quiet. It's not as quiet as MSI's card but it is way quieter than Gigabyte's card. Not hating on Gigabyte. I love them, but they have messed up. Same with AMD. AMD is working on fixing their noise issue too. I'll let you guys know how mine performs.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

The G1 Gaming has horrible coil whine and noise with the fans. I'd go for EVGA, MSI, or even Zotac. Zotac has some great offerings this year and they haven't messed up like last year. I just ordered their Amp! Extreme for only 689.99. It's basically the same price as most of the other cards and I get ridiculous clock speeds and factory overclocked memory while the card remains pretty cool and relatively quiet. It's not as quiet as MSI's card but it is way quieter than Gigabyte's card. Not hating on Gigabyte. I love them, but they have messed up. Same with AMD. AMD is working on fixing their noise issue too. I'll let you guys know how mine performs.

How can the MSI one be quieter then the Gigabyte which has 3 fans?

Is the MSI one also cooler?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

How can the MSI one be quieter then the Gigabyte which has 3 fans?

Is the MSI one also cooler?

Check out Jayztwocents review on it. It should answer all your questions. You can also check out Guru3D's review online on it. They did a great job for a foreign reviewer. (:

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

I have a reference design EVGA but if I had more options I would go with G1.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D